More problems at IGF?

@bkives: BBB Stadium, which built Investors Group Field, plans to file suit against architect & Stuart Olson construction over heating, drainage. #bn

@bkives: BBB has spent $4.7M on insulation and concrete fixes. Drainage and insulation insufficient, statement of claim says. #bn

Im glad BBB is taking this measure.  We shouldnt have to keep eating these costs to fix issues that shouldnt have occured from the beginning.

On a side note, very disappointed with TSN1290 on this.  This is a major story.  CJOB broke into their regular coverage to do a quick story about it.  1290 was into their fourth hour of Jets coverage and it was the repeat hour.  I guess no one in the building able to cut in for five minutes.  And then when they do their sportscenter at 10:30am do you think they covered it?  Nope.  I guess thats a pre-tape too.  If you're the ALL SPORTS station in town I expect the best sports coverage.

Just got this email from the Bombers and Wade (not to me personally, I imagine season ticket lists)

Good morning Bomber fans,

I am writing to inform you that Triple B Stadium Inc., the owner of Investors Group Field, today filed a Statement of Claim in the Court of Queen’s Bench against both the builder and the architect of our facility.  

The legal action is based on ongoing water infiltration and other issues related to the building design and construction of the stadium.  

While we are extremely disappointed that this great new CFL facility has faced these ongoing issues, we also realize that this legal action is an important step forward in attempting to have them resolved.  

As we look to the 2015 season, please be assured that this legal action or potential remediation will in no way impact any of the upcoming events which will all proceed as scheduled.

Kyle Walters and his staff have been working diligently on continuing to improve our on- field product, and we look forward to showcasing that to you come June.

Thank you for your continued support of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers. We look forward to an exciting season of Blue Bomber football, culminating with the 103rd Grey Cup being played right here in Winnipeg.

Regards,

Wade Miller

What an embarrassment. I hope they sue this builders ass off and can get this straightened out once and for all. How many other problems and unpleasant surprises exist. They better go over everything with a fine tooth comb. I'm glad that this appears NOT to be a structural problem as that would have been the icing on the cake of incompetence. I don't know how this builder will ever get another construction contact, after the due diligence they didn't pay. I wouldn't hire this outfit to build an outhouse.

Im glad BBB is taking this measure.  We shouldnt have to keep eating these costs to fix issues that shouldnt have occured from the beginning.

On a side note, very disappointed with TSN1290 on this.  This is a major story.  CJOB broke into their regular coverage to do a quick story about it.  1290 was into their fourth hour of Jets coverage and it was the repeat hour.  I guess no one in the building able to cut in for five minutes.  And then when they do their sportscenter at 10:30am do you think they covered it?  Nope.  I guess thats a pre-tape too.  If you're the ALL SPORTS station in town I expect the best sports coverage.

This is more of a local news story than a sports story.  I'm not surprised nor disappointed that they're not covering it.

When I was at the stadium 2 weeks ago they were adding insulation to the exterior walls of the concourse and covering that with corrugated sheet metal.  So if you didn't like the painted cinderblock look from the last 2 seasons, I suppose you might consider this good news.

Two sides to every story, might want to wait hear them.

For sure - the Bomber brass should have known to catch rainwater in buckets and run out onto the street to dump it out. Foolish of them to just "expect" drainage.

If it wasn't specified in the contract then they shouldn't expect it.

Bottom line, the NDP made them hire local, you hire people without relevant experience issues like this pop up. Thanks dippers!

The general contractor, architect and engineering firm are all national companies.

Don't let reality get in the way of a good political discussion.

Bottom line, the NDP made them hire local, you hire people without relevant experience issues like this pop up. Thanks dippers!

The general contractor, architect and engineering firm are all national companies.

Exactly. Logic and facts aren't welcome on these forums. Speculation and rumors are where it's at.

Exactly. Logic and facts aren't welcome on these forums. Speculation and rumors are where it's at.

Funny, I've never deleted a post because they contained logic and facts.   I would say they are welcome.