More problems at IGF?

It's not so much the design that is flawed, the design is fine. People need to get that out of their heads.. It's the work that was done that is flawed or even the work that wasn't done.. That's the builder not the architect. LOL, builders build to the specifications, somebody is naive for sure, builders build to get it done on time, they set an unrealistic timeframe for completion and tried to cut some corners, This happens when designing buildings quite often, from houses to skyscrapers to stadiums, it happens more than people think. 

The only design flaw, if you want to call it that is there is some puddling on the roof it seems but you know what.... that's not even a design flaw, that's a builder flaw again. It's so easy to point the finger at the architect here but all he did was design it, he didn't build the thing, he just designed it. These issues that were pointed out aren't exactly design flaws, they are quite simply cuz i have no other words to describe it, They are CRAPPY workmanship.

Drainage in the entire building is an issue.  Everything drains towards the field and pools at the edges of the concourse and bottom of the seating area.  Wouldn't have been a problem if water had a way to escape from where it collects or from the field.  It didn't, and in many cases still doesn't.  This was a side effect of poor design.  It was noticed by the builder and drainage was added.  Many things were added during the build because of the flawed design, that's why there are tens of millions in overruns and a much longer timeframe to build the thing than was anticipated by the designer and builder initially.

The design had no egress to or from field.  Extremely basic stuff like this was missed in the design.  The builder and the Bombers can only do so much on their own before they are changing the scope of the project.  The builder does not have the best history here, but they basically had to attempt to make chicken salad out of chicken turds.

Now...... back to this football stadium...... I think it was rushed (obviously) and not designed with every precaution (which any project of this magnitude always should be). It screams of both poor design and poor construction. Aesthetically, the design is great, and I'm sure in most cases the construction team were hard workers and skilled at their crafts -- but corners were cut in both cases, and now the Bombers (or technically BBB) are paying for it. Those losses should absolutely be recouped if possible via a lawsuit, and I hope they are.

Now...... back to this football stadium...... I think it was rushed (obviously) and not designed with every precaution (which any project of this magnitude always should be). It screams of both poor design and poor construction. Aesthetically, the design is great, and I'm sure in most cases the construction team were hard workers and skilled at their crafts -- but corners were cut in both cases, and now the Bombers (or technically BBB) are paying for it. Those losses should absolutely be recouped if possible via a lawsuit, and I hope they are.

That's why engineering firms, architects and contractors have insurance policies.

Well the flawed process all started with Asper's boy Ray Wann the architect that did the architectural work for Creswin (Asper). The guy had no stadium experience. The list of errors is countless and was evident from the start. His rendering of the football ops design was a clear indication that he had no concept. Fortunately he had least allocated sufficient space for football ops. Fortunately that area was completely redesigned by the 3 people that had working experience in that area.

Riders are loving this

If the Riders are smart they are seeing what has gone down with the stadiums in Winnipeg, Ottawa and Hamiltion.  The good and the bad.  There is a lot of free education for them as they build their stadium.  They should have no excuses whatsoever in building and completing a damn fine CFL stadium.  And I hope they do, I actually mean that  :lol:.  Our issues aside, I am still very happy with IGF and look forward to returning in June.

They are suing the builder no? Not the architect. So some know the difference between the 2? The architect designs it. He don't build it tho and unless anyone has seen the blue prints maybe the real issue is the builder actually never followed the architects plans. So easy to blame an architect but all they do is design it. Drainage might be a design flaw sure but the rest are builder issues. Big time builder issues. The design is fine, the work to get to the finished product seems to be the real issue here. Back filling? Crap concrete. For God's sake weather stripping? No insulation? Those are all builder issues or cut costs prov govt issues really. Can't really comment on this with any certainty tho because I never worked on the project. Heard some of the workers were more interested in burying rider stuff in the building than actually working on it. If proper procedures were followed, the concourse wouldn't need to be ripped up and really when you get down to it. Outdoor stadium in winnipeg where it goes basically minus to plus 40. Yeah there gonna be some issues. Look at our roads really. Work done one year. Starting to go to crap the next year already

• 2 weeks later...

Much of that $13 million would go towards capital upgrades and maintenance of the Evraz property, with a remaining $4 million of that money going towards food and beverage equipment for the new Mosaic stadium.

REAL says it expects to pay back $8.8 million of the requested $13 million within five years.

http://www.cbc.ca/m/news/canada/saskatchewan/regina-s-2015-debt-may-increase-with-new-evraz-place-proposal-1.3005006