Bombers new offensive line 2015

gbill2004

What happens if these guys don't mesh as a unit? What if Dile is hurt and can't play, what if Picard is washed up? What if Greaves and Neufeld don't pick up their games? I know it's fun to look at the names and say they are one of the best, but I think tempering expectations is a good idea. Let's save this kind of talk until it's actually proven on the field. 

Funny that you didn't unleash this same logic in the Glenn thread.  

Because we're talking inexperienced rookies at qb in the Glenn thread. We had experienced OL & they still sucked.  Asking a rookie qb with limited experience to carry the team on his back if he has to is just asking for trouble. So apples to oranges. 

Ummm, no. He's suggesting that these experienced O linemen might not live up to expectactions.  That their performance might not be all that we're hoping for.  Which is the same sort of logic that could be applied to Glenn, that maybe he wouldn't be the savior of the season if he played.  Anyway, sorry for hijacking the thread, but the irony was just too good to pass up.

What happens if these guys don't mesh as a unit? What if Dile is hurt and can't play, what if Picard is washed up? What if Greaves and Neufeld don't pick up their games? I know it's fun to look at the names and say they are one of the best, but I think tempering expectations is a good idea. Let's save this kind of talk until it's actually proven on the field. 

Because we're talking inexperienced rookies at qb in the Glenn thread. We had experienced OL & they still sucked.  Asking a rookie qb with limited experience to carry the team on his back if he has to is just asking for trouble. So apples to oranges. 

Ummm, no. He's suggesting that these experienced O linemen might not live up to expectactions.  That their performance might not be all that we're hoping for.  Which is the same sort of logic that could be applied to Glenn, that maybe he wouldn't be the savior of the season if he played.  Anyway, sorry for hijacking the thread, but the irony was just too good to pass up.

In reality though, a QB is a QB. The success of an OL is based on the sum of many moving parts. 

I'm really excited to see what our new O Line can accomplish, once they get the wrinkles ironed out. They have big time potential working as a unit, and they have the right guy at the controls in Wiley. IF they jell quickly they'll present a formidable opponent for any team in this league. With the talent we possess now, I don't see why we wouldn't be rated in the top 3 O lines going forward. I know Willy won't be running for his life and giving him more time will result in a offence with more confidence and really will allow Willy to perform at his best, something we didn't see for a lot of the time last year. Bomber fans are going to see a much rejuvenated team and if we make the right pics in the draft, the future is looking very bright in Bomberland. Keep er going Walters.

More of a what if scenario. 17's not saying they won't play well. As far as Glenn goes his experience would give us a better chance to win games & give us us a better chance to get a playoff spot if Willy got hurt.

Proof is in the pudding. Like Doug Brown said, coach Buck Pierce is going to look like a genius if the run game dramatically improves.

Let's hope Drew Willy learns to make his reads quicker and gets rid of the ball faster. If not, then even a top tier OL won't help.

Run game was fine when a good running back was used.  Every OL in the CFL can run block.  The ability to actually run the ball with a back who can put the offense in 2nd and 5 or less consistently will be a bigger upgrade than any made on the offensive line.

On the whole, Bryant will be an upgrade, the rest depends on guys picking up their game, Greaves and Neufeld specifically.  Goossen is a wildcard.  Picard for Morley is a wash, Picard's snapping and calls should be more refined given he's spent his whole life playing centre, but he can't block anybody 1 on 1.  I'd be pleasantly surprised if they end up in the top half of the league in terms of protecting the QB.

Proof is in the pudding. Like Doug Brown said, coach Buck Pierce is going to look like a genius if the run game dramatically improves.

Let's hope Drew Willy learns to make his reads quicker and gets rid of the ball faster. If not, then even a top tier OL won't help.

Run game was fine when a good running back was used.  Every OL in the CFL can run block.  The ability to actually run the ball with a back who can put the offense in 2nd and 5 or less consistently will be a bigger upgrade than any made on the offensive line.

On the whole, Bryant will be an upgrade, the rest depends on guys picking up their game, Greaves and Neufeld specifically.  Goossen is a wildcard.  Picard for Morley is a wash, Picard's snapping and calls should be more refined given he's spent his whole life playing centre, but he can't block anybody 1 on 1.  I'd be pleasantly surprised if they end up in the top half of the league in terms of protecting the QB.

Yep, I for one, am still worried about the interior.

100% Why did they stick so long with Grigsby when it was evident he wasn't very good? This year, I'm hoping for some balance in the offence.

Run game was fine when a good running back was used. Every OL in the CFL can run block. The ability to actually run the ball with a back who can put the offense in 2nd and 5 or less consistently will be a bigger upgrade than any made on the offensive line.

On the whole, Bryant will be an upgrade, the rest depends on guys picking up their game, Greaves and Neufeld specifically. Goossen is a wildcard. Picard for Morley is a wash, Picard's snapping and calls should be more refined given he's spent his whole life playing centre, but he can't block anybody 1 on 1. I'd be pleasantly surprised if they end up in the top half of the league in terms of protecting the QB.

I disagree that Picard and Morley are a wash. Picard's attitude and intensity will make a huge difference.

What irony? Having more faith in an experienced and proven qb over an inexperienced one? Did I say I didn't think the OL was improved? No I just said let's wait for them to prove it before we start calling them best in the league because it takes 5 guys working together for an OL to be good. Tempering expectations has nothing to do with thinking Glenn is a better option at #2 qb for the short term than Marve. 

Go chug another glass of haterade and keep on hating on Glenn. Fact is he's still a decent qb for all his warts. 

What irony? Having more faith in an experienced and proven qb over an inexperienced one? Did I say I didn't think the OL was improved? No I just said let's wait for them to prove it before we start calling them best in the league because it takes 5 guys working together for an OL to be good. Tempering expectations has nothing to do with thinking Glenn is a better option at #2 qb for the short term than Marve. 

Go chug another glass of haterade and keep on hating on Glenn. Fact is he's still a decent qb for all his warts. 

No hateorade here, just know what I see when I see Glenn.  A decent qb when everything's going his way, but only when things are going his way.  That's sort of why he's been the vagabond qb, what you see is definitely what you get.

Yeah and what we see is a guy who has managed to stick in the league for a long long time. If he wasn't a decent option at qb he wouldn't have lasted anywhere close to that long. Some of you guys really hate the guy though and constantly downplay what he can accomplish. No one is talking about bringing him in to run the team. A lot of you folks are acting a lot like Mike Kelly did. "Glenn sucks! We'd be better off with this unproven guy!" How'd that work out for everyone? 

Was Nic Grigsby released by Hamilton?

He's a free agent.

Still don't understand with the stunt he pulled on us why Walters was so nice & didn't release him a day later so he couldn't have signed with anyone. 

Maybe he was thinking about doing something to make Wpg a more appealing place to come to for players. 

Just having a left tackle who won't be crippled by back spasms in the middle of a play makes the OL better

Real factor is MBs play calling - if we move the pocket, call some sweeps and mix up the passes - should be good

If we sit back in max protect and leave willy in a collapsing pocket, teams will catch on quick

He's a free agent.

Still don't understand with the stunt he pulled on us why Walters was so nice & didn't release him a day later so he couldn't have signed with anyone. 

Maybe he was thinking about doing something to make Wpg a more appealing place to come to for players. 

Maybe but how is that making Winnipeg a more appealing place? This is a business & not a social club. He quit on us, remember? Winning changes everything. 

He's a free agent.

Maybe but how is that making Winnipeg a more appealing place? This is a business & not a social club. He quit on us, remember? Winning changes everything. 

So does not being an ******* just because one of your players is. Take the high road.