One or two unannounced signings (update 1/21)

Mike

Rodney Lamar, LB, Northern Michigan

Transfer from Florida Atlantic. 6'1", 230 ... has played OLB and DE in college.

Here's a highlight video filmed on a potato

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xH9X2SM7Mds

I'm assuming these new players you are posting here are already signed pending announcement, correct?

They're players who have been offered some kind of deal with the club. A few of them may run into a situation similar to what happened to a player at our camp that I talked about last year. He was signed, went to mini camp and released after mini camp - all before they ever bothered to announce the signing

Making judgements on the basis of grainy film highlights is always tricky but he looks damned quick for a 240 lb man, he doesn't seem to get caught up in the wash too much and doesn't showboat after a tackle. A 240 lb outside linebacker is appealing, though and if he can play the position in the CFL with authority, he basically cuts the field for runners in half.

Former USC safety Demetrius Wright ... really like the look of this guy as a potential SAM

Reading up on him he's quite versatile. Has played safety, linebacker and running back. His 40 time was clocked at 4.49. Was considered a rising star a couple years ago. Definitely like this signing.

I agree with Mike, seems like great competition for SAM. Wonder what happens with Unamba though if we get Sears Back.

He fights to keep his position... nothing wrong with a little competition... being a ST ace also works in Unamba's favour 

And he played WIL last year, so maybe he can play both sides.  Great use of a DI if he can back up both positions and be a monster on special teams.

I agree with Mike, seems like great competition for SAM. Wonder what happens with Unamba though if we get Sears Back.

He fights to keep his position... nothing wrong with a little competition... being a ST ace also works in Unamba's favour 

And he played WIL last year, so maybe he can play both sides.  Great use of a DI if he can back up both positions and be a monster on special teams.

Maybe he's even been asked to put on a few pounds to patrol the middle and solve two problems at once.

Unumba - the new #1.

Chant...

Unumba 1 Unamba 1.

Maybe he's even been asked to put on a few pounds to patrol the middle and solve two problems at once.

Unumba - the new #1.

Chant...

Unumba 1 Unamba 1.

It is a long time until June.