Penton: Bombers re-sign Washington

Jpan85

So what does the secondary look like next season?

Didnt we have a starter go down to an injury in pre-season?  Or am I crazy?

Newman went down early .. as did Suber ..

But I think the projected secondary was Randle, Washington, Leggett, Suber, Bucknor ...

then Suber eventually loss his sarting position to Johnson.

Washington's an OK signing.  Not one of the "must haves".  Welcome back.

You sir are a liar. Washington is one of the biggest playmakers on this team and re-signing him is a HUGE positive. 

Or are you still all salty about some of the fumbles on punt returns? Get over it, the guy is a great defensive back. 

You sir are an obnoxious idiot.  (Not sure why we need the name calling, but I like to reply to folks the way they post.)  Are you planning to comment negatively on every post I make?

You need to ignore Washington's downside to make him a 'Must Have', which you can't do.  It's like saying Watson's a 'Must Have' receiver, if you ignore the fact that he's always injured.  Washington would get offers from other teams if we didn't sign him, but that's not the same as a 'Must Have' either.  Wild's the only one left on our list that I'd put in the 'Must Have' list.  

So what does the secondary look like next season?

Didnt we have a starter go down to an injury in pre-season?  Or am I crazy?

Newman went down early .. as did Suber ..

But I think the projected secondary was Randle, Washington, Leggett, Suber, Bucknor ...

Donovan Alexander was originally supposed to start over Bucknor.

Newman was the guy I was thinking of.  Was he not expected to start?  Where does he fit into this line up thus far?

I think he played some Safety and some LB in Hall's D, before he signed with Winnipeg.

Based on his physical attributes I'd figure him for safety or WIL, or perhaps a spot in the middle in a 3-4 defence.

During his extremely short debut in pre-season, my very fuzzy recollection is that all his snaps were at linebacker.  Don't recall him getting any at safety during the game.

Washington's an OK signing.  Not one of the "must haves".  Welcome back.

You sir are a liar. Washington is one of the biggest playmakers on this team and re-signing him is a HUGE positive. 

Or are you still all salty about some of the fumbles on punt returns? Get over it, the guy is a great defensive back. 

You sir are an obnoxious idiot.  (Not sure why we need the name calling, but I like to reply to folks the way they post.)  Are you planning to comment negatively on every post I make?

You need to ignore Washington's downside to make him a 'Must Have', which you can't do.  It's like saying Watson's a 'Must Have' receiver, if you ignore the fact that he's always injured.  Washington would get offers from other teams if we didn't sign him, but that's not the same as a 'Must Have' either.  Wild's the only one left on our list that I'd put in the 'Must Have' list.  

I didn't call you names, I called you a liar. His downside... you mean in the position he doesn't play anymore? Cause as a defensive back he's great. One of the best and most impactful players on the team. He was a must have to resign and your foolish notions that because he fumbled a few punts makes him lesser value is insane at best. 

Let it go 17.  You're the one who made up the story that I didn't like him because of his fumbles.  

Washington's a pretty good DB, not a great one and would be replaceable if he didn't sign with us.  It's not like he's Randle or Leggett or even Sears.  He's pretty small (5'09", 176).  He gets picked on quite a lot.  You like him, so he's some kind of god in your eyes and everyone else is 'foolish and insane'.   :huh:

So, what I've learned is that Washington is replaceable because he's good, but not great,

is small, therefore that makes him a dwarf,

which makes some people happy, or grumpy because he only signed for one year,

but that's secondary, which is where he plays,

but he gets picked on, by opposing QBs,

and some of the fan base, because he fumbles,

although he also causes fumbles,

and because he gets penalties because he gets excited, 

although he does cause excitement whenever he's near the ball,

is an 'OK' signing, not a must have,

so i must have another look at it,

but it's only for one year that he is returning,

although not as returner.

Faces_5_tns.png…………………..Have I got right?