Penton: Bombers re-sign Washington

Jpan85

Let it go 17.  You're the one who made up the story that I didn't like him because of his fumbles.  

Washington's a pretty good DB, not a great one and would be replaceable if he didn't sign with us.  It's not like he's Randle or Leggett or even Sears.  He's pretty small (5'09", 176).  He gets picked on quite a lot.  You like him, so he's some kind of god in your eyes and everyone else is 'foolish and insane'.   :huh:

It's foolish and insane because he is one of our best DBs. He's better than Leggett, closer to Randle than you seem to think he is. Yeah He's one of the best players on the team. If we didn't have him you'd notice he was missing. 

Let it go 17.  You're the one who made up the story that I didn't like him because of his fumbles.  

Washington's a pretty good DB, not a great one and would be replaceable if he didn't sign with us.  It's not like he's Randle or Leggett or even Sears.  He's pretty small (5'09", 176).  He gets picked on quite a lot.  You like him, so he's some kind of god in your eyes and everyone else is 'foolish and insane'.   :huh:

It's foolish and insane because he is one of our best DBs. He's better than Leggett, closer to Randle than you seem to think he is. Yeah He's one of the best players on the team. If we didn't have him you'd notice he was missing. 

Agree to disagree and without the name calling.

Agree to disagree and without the name calling.

I'll say this with respect to Washington .. he'd be a "better" player if he didn't take the number of stupid, selfish penalties that he does .. among league leaders in penalties taken and penalty yardage .. also relies on his athleticism a bit ot get him out of issues in coverage .. that said .. can't teach speed and he is playmaker .. but those highs also come with equally low lows .. teams still throw on him .. ball security issues .. penalties .. consistency ..

Um, Washington is good but not better than Leggett...  toss up between him and Johnson

I think this is a good signing but I think if anyone gets beat out in camp, its probably Washington - if we go NI safety, then Leggett should move over to HB

How can we accurately compare Washington & Leggett when they have different jobs? How often did Leggett have to cover a receiver 1 on 1?

I like Johnson, but I think it'd almost be a certainty he'd lose his job before Washington if we had to make a change. He lost it last year for awhile.

Um, Washington is good but not better than Leggett...  toss up between him and Johnson

I think this is a good signing but I think if anyone gets beat out in camp, its probably Washington - if we go NI safety, then Leggett should move over to HB

How can we accurately compare Washington & Leggett when they have different jobs? How often did Leggett have to cover a receiver 1 on 1?

I like Johnson, but I think it'd almost be a certainty he'd lose his job before Washington if we had to make a change. He lost it last year for awhile.

It's not apples and oranges, but it's quite a ways from the same thing.  Crabapples and golden delicious?

It's not apples and oranges, but it's quite a ways from the same thing.  Crabapples and golden delicious?

Seems there is more crab apples than golden delicious in this thread...

I like the signing- there, some golden delicious for you you guys:

golden-delicious.jpg

Lost his job to injury last year not from performance... Johnson is totally under-rated

The team can, should and will try to improve at every position, including Washington's and Johnson's.  I obviously have no problem with that; it's Walters' job.  The notion that it can be done without too much difficulty just because these guys are imports, that I have a problem with.

Making the adjustment to the CFL field and rules is almost as hard for DBs and it is for QBs.  A field the size of an ocean, multiple receivers hitting the line at speed, horrible horrible reffing.  They are not easily interchangeable parts like running backs and linebackers.  It hasn't been that long since some extremely average and below average DB's got playing time here.  Good grief, Jazzmen Williams and Gabriel Fulbright got employed here twice.