Brandon Stewart won't be back with Ticats in 2015

gbill2004

Stewart is simply not a very good DB. hes serviceable at best and didnt excel while here. shitty how media found out before he did (apparently as per peoples comments on his facebook) but him getting released doesnt surprise me in the least..

Stewart is simply not a very good DB. hes serviceable at best and didnt excel while here. shitty how media found out before he did (apparently as per peoples comments on his facebook) but him getting released doesnt surprise me in the least..

He was strong *within his role* while he was here. 

He was the field corner, though. I don't think there was ever a time here where he wasn't the least of our starting import DBs.

When I heard he was playing HB in Hamilton, I was happy for him, I thought maybe he'd taken his game up a notch but yeah he got exposed when the chips were down.

Helluva athlete, though. He had fantastic wheels and I remember him making a lot of tackles from behind on special teams.

He was a great corner while here - seemed to be injured last year, not the same guy...

Great is a pretty strong word. I'll give him a "pretty good" rating while he was here.

He was tried in a few spots here and was only able to maintain a starting role as the field corner. I'm not sure why Hamilton thought he'd be able to play a different role there. He's a freakishly good athlete, but for some reason he can't cover anybody who has a running start.

He was strong *within his role* while he was here.

Sadly, his role was "play easiest position in secondary, dont screw up.." And yea he did that and special teams very well..

Stewart took forever by import standards to be good enough to start here in the easiest position in the secondary and then was carried by the strength of the rest of the group, then went to Hamilton and played a harder position and got exposed badly in the playoffs. He was never as good as some people thought he was here.