Around the CFL Offseason Discussion

Mike

Does a $35,000 signing bonus show the Colts are serious about Heenan?

Yes because the bonus money pool for undrafted FAs in the NFL is about $80,000.

Thanks for that.

By contrast, Brett Jones, who signed with the NYG received no signing bonus and despite the three year deal has no guaranteed money in his contract. But you can't turn your nose up at the $435k he's scheduled to make (at least in comparison to what he'd earn in the CFL).

He knows he'll cash in if he's cut so it's a low risk gamble for the guy. I didn't think much of some of his comments regarding using the CFL as a stepping stone to the NFL. Maybe a thank you to the Stamps for drafting him after he said he wanted to attend med school may have been appropriate. Just seems like a cocky young guy.

He knows he'll cash in if he's cut so it's a low risk gamble for the guy. I didn't think much of some of his comments regarding using the CFL as a stepping stone to the NFL. Maybe a thank you to the Stamps for drafting him after he said he wanted to attend med school may have been appropriate. Just seems like a cocky young guy.

And if he qualified for pre-med, he is no dummy.

Wasn't accepted. Studying engineering at the U of R. 

Wasn't accepted. Studying engineering at the U of R.

Ah the home of academic fraud and plaguirism.

What on earth makes him seem cocky to you? The fact that he said med school was a serious option for him? That's not cocky, that's honest.

What on earth makes him seem cocky to you? The fact that he said med school was a serious option for him? That's not cocky, that's honest.

Scrubs season 4

Did you read his comments after he signed with the Giants? Never thanked the Stamps once. Or anyone else for his good fortune. He said his dream was to always play in the NFL. Never the CFL & that he knew he needed to play well in the CFL to do that. He also said he felt slighted as he was never chosen to play in the East West Shrine Bowl. It isn't what he said so much as how he said it. 

Oh yes, "I'm in pre-med." Translation -- I've got my BSc. 

Talk to me when you've at least been accepted into med school.

Did you read his comments after he signed with the Giants? Never thanked the Stamps once. Or anyone else for his good fortune. He said his dream was to always play in the NFL. Never the CFL & that he knew he needed to play well in the CFL to do that. He also said he felt slighted as he was never chosen to play in the East West Shrine Bowl. It isn't what he said so much as how he said it. 

Got to take it with a grain a salt who knows if that all he said or the reporter pick a choose what quotes to use.

I think the first half of the season he was fortunate to get starts against 3 OTs that had no business being on a CFL field. Hall did a great job of insuring he was matched up one on one against them in the pass rush by bringing lots of blitzes down the middle. Take a look at his sack totals from the first have and you will see that almost all of them came against OTs that were rookies or injury replacements. He had two BIG games where he victimized Ryan Cave. A guy that should never have been on the field. His second half disappearance was more a matter of teams both being more cognizant of his pass rush abilities, and him playing against a better calibre of OT, once teams had settled their Tackle position. I don't think he is as good as his pace to start the season indicated. That being said he is still a very dangerous DE. 200k+ dangerous? I wouldn't pay ANY import DE that much unless Wake decided to come back to the CFL.