Unofficial Free Agent List

M.O.A.B.

I wouldn't pay big FA bucks to imports unless they are game changers.  I'd target Holmes and Westerman.

We need an import Tackle and if Harrison or Washington will be available, it would nice to add a younger veteran OT in the lineup to replace January.

I wouldn't mind Brackenridge if he will be available, I'm not sure if we can keep both Sears (NFL aspiration) and Washington. Brackenridge will be an upgrade and can slot him anywhere as SAM, HB or S.

I'm not sure if Walters can bring back Chris Matthews here but would like to see the UB connection of Willy and Jackson here. Although I would assume Jackson will exhaust his NFL aspirations next year.

If we offer Ben Heenan 250K or so I'm not sure that he's as unrealistic as a target as some people may think. 

If we offer Heenan 250K, we will be establishing the value for him.  And then the Riders will re-sign him for that amount.

As far as I'm concerned, the higher we drive the price up, the better.  They'll re-sign Heenan but they'll have to make hard choices elsewhere.

Nic Lewis is done... Waste of cash IMO.

Plus Lewis puts on more weight every year. Next season he ought to scale out about the same as a Ford F150.

Pretty sure the suggestion to sign Nic Lewis was as an offensive lineman.

LOL.  Yeah, the dude is fat.  The first time I saw him catching a ball this year I was thinking "why is an Olineman allowed to catch a ball?"  I think I even asked that in chat.  Then someone said that's Nic Lewis and I was floored.

The consensus here is You better be able to find import WR...Popp seems to be able to do. Some might argue the same for import OTs but we have failed there as well. If you are going to buck up for FAs it should really be to seriously upgrade non import talent...most notably the O line. Playing 3 at best average imports on the O line should never happen. The honeymoon on this crew is over, blaming previous organizational hires better be over as well.

OL - Heenan,Holmes,Bryant

WR- Jackson or Banks

RB/FB - James Green - special teams DEMON

DL - Westerman

LB- Bear Woods

Our own guys like Anderson,Washington,Sears,Wild

And I'd go after one of the LS's too. Matechuk,Fortin,Rempel if he is a FA. One of them for sure. 

No Jones because we have Goossen and I think it's unlikely Jones comes here, Think it's either Calgary or Sask for him. 

Brackenridge would be nice but he's not at the top of my want list because we have  Mo Leg back there. 

Because i dont think the team will be built that way.

My thought of Moore was to get Willy a target. I think we got a QB and we wanted .. what we thought was a legit guy for him to build chemistry with. I still think this is an ok move. Moore had a bad year and that sucks but it was nice to see Denmark step up and im pretty sure Willy will have both next year. So spending big here makes sense.

We need an Oline and Dline. Oh and some LBs. Im not so sure going all out on one guy is going to fill that bunch of needs... so im really hoping they play this smart and not go spending nuts on one guy that can help in one area and you loose out on others.

And if we are going to go out hard and over spend i think the best bang for you buck would be LB.. Spending huge on 1 Olinemen or a Dman i dont think will get you the bang for ur buck so to speak.

This year and last year is a huge diff IMO with Walters an O'Shea, They were expected to do what they can to make change and try to improve... Well the thing they needed to improve really sucked bad so im not so sure how hard that really was.

Now they need to improve on what they have done. Things arnt going to get easier for these guys....  Its going to get alot harder. 

I can see them throwing a lot of money around this year.  I'm going to bet they make a big play for the Grey Cup this year big time since it's going to be here and they end up spending some serious cash and pushing very hard to do so.  So I wouldn't be surprised to see some really good players end up on our roster.  Just my speculation.

If we offer Ben Heenan 250K or so I'm not sure that he's as unrealistic as a target as some people may think. 

How much is Picard earning right now?

I believe some of their big earners are pending FAs too ... like Foley.

The Riders actually apparently got Foley on a very reasonable deal. He'll be do for a raise if they bring him back. They'll have a lot of tough decisions to make this off season,it'll be very interesting to see what happens in Riderville.

Foley will not be a FA this year. He signed an extension about a month ago, it just hasn't been officially announced yet. I am not sure why because everyone knows about it already....except Lawless, I guess.

I think I would like to see Messam instead of Fitzgerald as FB.

Why is it that when Messam changes uni's he looks great for awhile then disappears. I think we'd be better off sticking with Fitzgerald and bring him along.

Fitzgerald is another wasted pick from Mack. Even his LS'ing is not good when the Bombers need replacement when Wild was injured. We need someone that D will respect when he has the ball. Messam might not be as explosive during his first year but how many times did he burn our D this year?

Why is it that when Messam changes uni's he looks great for awhile then disappears. I think we'd be better off sticking with Fitzgerald and bring him along.

Fitzgerald is another wasted pick from Mack. Even his LS'ing is not good when the Bombers need replacement when Wild was injured. We need someone that D will respect when he has the ball. Messam might not be as explosive during his first year but how many times did he burn our D this year?

Agreed. Fitzgerald is not a rookie and has not been for some time. He needs to come to training camp with the expectation that he will either show more than he has or be gone. He has shown a few flashes of promise,but after awhile that is not enough.

Agreed. Fitzgerald is not a rookie and has not been for some time. He needs to come to training camp with the expectation that he will either show more than he has or be gone. He has shown a few flashes of promise,but after awhile that is not enough.

How is he supposed to show more when the offense barely uses the TE/FBs on the roster? 

How is he supposed to show more when the offense barely uses the TE/FBs on the roster? 

It might have something to do with the OC's and the QB's confidence in him too.

It might have something to do with the OC's and the QB's confidence in him too.

Or how about the fact that offences in the CFL these days runs mostly a 1 back set and the FB/TE is only a situation position and used sparingly as a tendency breaker and nothing more.