Kane Trade Rumours

In this day and age with Twitter and millions of bloggers pretending to have "inside sources" saying this that and the other thing, it is pretty easy to assume that KANE wants out, however, i agree with MIKE, his play and enthusiasm and i'm going to go ahead and add maturity this season says otherwise. I mean, the guy does give his all out there, he goes out of his way to pump up the crowd after a big fight, sticking up for team mates there too, He's been a good boy too, no money phone pics (like that matters) or anything silly like that.

All i truly know, is that Kanes fiance, ex fiance actually, they broke up this off-season, weird eh, they break-up and all of a sudden Kane seemingly has a different attitude and seems to be maturing before our very eyes right now but all i know and this is true, Kanes ex hated it here, hated it, the other Jets wives and girlfriends couldn't even stand her, she was not well liked, she actually caused a lot of problems, kane took her on a road trip once to florida, think this is well known and took a lot of heat from the guys for doing that as most figured it was a business trip, not a vacation. They are no longer together tho and now kane seems to be more mature and even having a better time.

I wonder how much of his 'wanting out' had to do with his ex fiance not liking it here. Well she's no longer in the picture..

Show me a top flight player who plays like crap on purpose because he wants a trade but has not publicly asked for one?  Kane has always played hard.  Him playing hard this hear means he wants to stay but him playing hard last year means he wants out?  Cant have it both ways.

I never said Kane wanted out.  My disagreement with Mike was his silly equation that playing hard and saying you like your line mates means you like playing for a specific city.  I said I dont doubt that Kane asked for a trade.  I still believe that he did.  How he feels right now, I dont know.

But like I said about wives, and you pointed out also, the "spouse" can have a lot to do with the happiness of a player in a particular city.  If Kane is single now, you could certainly be onto something.  If we're lucky, he marries a local girl.

I'm just gonna say this after watching Kane pretty closely the last few games. I think he's a good player, he's pretty much what you want in a hockey player, speed, skill, is responsible defensively also, But... i have noticed that he takes way too many shots, and dumb shots at that, like tonight  vs Carolina, we had Carolina running around in their zone and he took a harmless little weak shot that Ward grabbed on hung on too, killed the momentum. He does do that at times, does seem to kill momentum, creates it tho also but kills it sometimes too with silly plays. I wonder how high his hockey sense is? I don't think it's that strong actually.

I like Kane, i think he has some potential to be pretty damn good but he needs to stop taking stupid shots all the time and needs to learn how to use his linemates better, i mean c'mon bro you are playing with Scheif and Wheeler, that line is dominating, and they dominated tonight as did the Buff,Lowry,Perreault line (wow their offensive zone time is incredibly high) They are so snake bitten tho, once that line gets a goal or 2, look out really. 

But Kane, i dunno, as much as i dislike the idea of trading him, I'd be open to it if it means we got a few players that could help us in return. But i only trade him for an overpayment, some team will be desperate enough eventually. Wait till then if you want to move him. 

I have little doubt Kane has asked for a trade.

I have little doubt Kane never asked for a trade. FIFY.

He's not going anywhere. Talks with Chevy this last summer, all Kane wanted was a consistent line. Not change the pairings every 5 minutes if it wasn't working. He's got that. If you can't see a major attitude change in Kanes play, you're not paying attention.

I'm just gonna say this after watching Kane pretty closely the last few games. I think he's a good player, he's pretty much what you want in a hockey player, speed, skill, is responsible defensively also, But... i have noticed that he takes way too many shots, and dumb shots at that, like tonight  vs Carolina, we had Carolina running around in their zone and he took a harmless little weak shot that Ward grabbed on hung on too, killed the momentum. He does do that at times, does seem to kill momentum, creates it tho also but kills it sometimes too with silly plays. I wonder how high his hockey sense is? I don't think it's that strong actually.

I like Kane, i think he has some potential to be pretty damn good but he needs to stop taking stupid shots all the time and needs to learn how to use his linemates better, i mean c'mon bro you are playing with Scheif and Wheeler, that line is dominating, and they dominated tonight as did the Buff,Lowry,Perreault line (wow their offensive zone time is incredibly high) They are so snake bitten tho, once that line gets a goal or 2, look out really. 

But Kane, i dunno, as much as i dislike the idea of trading him, I'd be open to it if it means we got a few players that could help us in return. But i only trade him for an overpayment, some team will be desperate enough eventually. Wait till then if you want to move him. 

I agree with you.  Kane was likely hurt by playing for the Thrashers much like Burmi was.  These guys never developed as pros the right way.  Kane is pretty one dimensional and easy to figure out.  The good news is, he seems to know that and has worked to change his tendancies.  Although I argued once that the reason he does the usual skate as fast as he can up the wing and either blows by the opponent or, more often then not once figured out, gets squeezed out along the boards was because he looked over at his line mates and realised the best chance of success was doing it himself.

His issue now is his shoot from anywhere mentality.  Its tough because the Jets have shown a tendancy to pass up shooting opportunities.  I think Kane thinks the game in sort of simple terms (not to say he is simple minded about the game at all, just that he plays straight forward hockey) so when the team is not shooting, hes more likely to shoot all the time.  I saw last night him do that a few times where he'd wildly shoot the puck from a very low percentage area.  He's also snakebit right now and thats gotta fuel his desire to shoot from anywhere.

The problem with trading Kane is that the Jets are clearly not going to trade him unless they get full value for him.  Any team wanting Kane is not going to want to give up a Kane.  The Jets' potential future problem is Kane right now has a ton of value based one one really good season and a lot of potential.  If he doesnt start scoring his value is going to drop.

The problem with trading Kane is that the Jets are clearly not going to trade him unless they get full value for him.  Any team wanting Kane is not going to want to give up a Kane.  The Jets' potential future problem is Kane right now has a ton of value based one one really good season and a lot of potential.  If he doesnt start scoring his value is going to drop.

I think the only teams that want Kane are those who would put Kane on a first line. Everyone else sees his salary and is scared off.

Scared to think what putting him on a line with Crosby or Stamkos would do.

I think the only teams that want Kane are those who would put Kane on a first line. Everyone else sees his salary and is scared off.

i disagree.  His contract is one of the attractive things about him.

In this day and age with Twitter and millions of bloggers pretending to have "inside sources" saying this that and the other thing, it is pretty easy to assume that KANE wants out, however, i agree with MIKE, his play and enthusiasm and i'm going to go ahead and add maturity this season says otherwise. I mean, the guy does give his all out there, he goes out of his way to pump up the crowd after a big fight, sticking up for team mates there too, He's been a good boy too, no money phone pics (like that matters) or anything silly like that.

All i truly know, is that Kanes fiance, ex fiance actually, they broke up this off-season, weird eh, they break-up and all of a sudden Kane seemingly has a different attitude and seems to be maturing before our very eyes right now but all i know and this is true, Kanes ex hated it here, hated it, the other Jets wives and girlfriends couldn't even stand her, she was not well liked, she actually caused a lot of problems, kane took her on a road trip once to florida, think this is well known and took a lot of heat from the guys for doing that as most figured it was a business trip, not a vacation. They are no longer together tho and now kane seems to be more mature and even having a better time.

I wonder how much of his 'wanting out' had to do with his ex fiance not liking it here. Well she's no longer in the picture..

Show me a top flight player who plays like crap on purpose because he wants a trade but has not publicly asked for one?  Kane has always played hard.  Him playing hard this hear means he wants to stay but him playing hard last year means he wants out?  Cant have it both ways.

I never said Kane wanted out.  My disagreement with Mike was his silly equation that playing hard and saying you like your line mates means you like playing for a specific city.  I said I dont doubt that Kane asked for a trade.  I still believe that he did.  How he feels right now, I dont know.

But like I said about wives, and you pointed out also, the "spouse" can have a lot to do with the happiness of a player in a particular city.  If Kane is single now, you could certainly be onto something.  If we're lucky, he marries a local girl.

That is pretty much exactly what I said. You know, except for that it's not.

All you need to do to see Kane doesn't want out of Winnipeg is watch him play.

You can deal in speculation. I'll deal in what I can actually see and measure.

I can watch him play balls to the wall, pedal to the floor every shift he's out there. I can hear him talk about how he's excited to play with Scheif and Wheels.

And no player in the history of professional sports has ever let their desire to leave a city outweigh their obligation to perform their job at a high level with a clear sense of enthusiasm, right?

You clearly drew a comparison between his on-ice effort & affinity for his teammates and his desire to play in Winnipeg. 

Kane's a pure finisher.  Stamkos would do little with him; Crosby can probably make anyone look awesome.  Ideal situation for him is pairing him up with a Backstrom or Ribiero type set-up man, like Neal and Ovechkin have.  Scheiffle may become that guy, he has potential to be both an all-round forward or fantastic compliment player, but I'm not sure yet which road he will take.  So far it's been the former, but he's young and this line combo is too.

While it's a pretty unfair comparison to make the guy I see the most resemblance in Scheiffle is Crosby.  His total package skill set and how he positions his body against his opponents, that kind of thing.  Of course the difference in talent level can make it hard to see.  I'm guessing some will refute this strongly.

Kane's a pure finisher.  Stamkos would do little with him; Crosby can probably make anyone look awesome.  Ideal situation for him is pairing him up with a Backstrom or Ribiero type set-up man, like Neal and Ovechkin have.  Scheiffle may become that guy, he has potential to be both an all-round forward or fantastic compliment player, but I'm not sure yet which road he will take.  So far it's been the former, but he's young and this line combo is too.

While it's a pretty unfair comparison to make the guy I see the most resemblance in Scheiffle is Crosby.  His total package skill set and how he positions his body against his opponents, that kind of thing.  Of course the difference in talent level can make it hard to see.  I'm guessing some will refute this strongly.

Scheif definitely has top calibre smarts in how he plays.  He just seems poised to break out.  Realiastically, he could be a top goal scorer this year already if not for some bad puck luck.

Why?

As I've said about Kane before, he considers himself as his own enterprise similar to how LeBron James conducts himself. I believe everything he does both on and off the ice is purposely meant to build and promote his 'business'. For example, if being a good team player helps his business, that's what he'll do and how he will market himself. He's a lot smarter than some people give him credit for.

Why?

As I've said about Kane before, he considers himself as his own enterprise similar to how LeBron James conducts himself. I believe everything he does both on and off the ice is purposely meant to build and promote his 'business'. For example, if being a good team player helps his business, that's what he'll do and how he will market himself. He's a lot smarter than some people give him credit for.

The problem with that approach is LeBron James is arguably the biggest star in the NBA. Kane is a barely average NHL player.

I suspect GMs often tell a player that if they want to be traded, have a great season and up your trade value and then we'll consider it. Otherwise the team is just selling low.

This is exactly correct. I agree. When was the last time a player olued poorly, was disgruntled and got traded? It's usually a situation where a non-contending team has a good player that they flip for value. Or a team in cap trouble.

When Martin St Louis wanted out of Tampa he was hurt. That was an acrimonious thing but is there any doubt he would have played his ass off for Tampa while he was there?

Kane is unique because his has a great contract. If his deal was up in a year or two the trade rumours would be more pronounced. And they will get there up until the point he signs another long term deal with the jets which I don't think he will do.

I also agree Kane is smart. Which is why he knew exactly what he was doing in the off season when he made comments about being a jet "for now". He wanted a trade. I think the team told him they'd consider offers. And when they didn'tget what they wanted they sat down with Kane and worked it out. Bob Mackenzie and Lawless both suggested that was going to happen.

Why?

The problem with that approach is LeBron James is arguably the biggest star in the NBA. Kane is a barely average NHL player.

My guess is a lot of NHL experts would disagree with you.

Kane also missed about 2 weeks of playing so far with his injury he had 5 minutes in to the first game of the season. He's had chances to score, he's a bit snake bitten and holding his stick to tight right now. The guy is a good player, has the potential to be very good. Do i think he will be a consistent 30 40 goal scorer? Probably not, but that doesn't mean he's not very good. Not really sure why these rumors always pop up, oh wait, i know, because people love to talk about it.

Reality is, if you go  to all the hockey boards where the self proclaimed experts reside, these rumors are just brushed off as just that.. rumors. 

Does Kane want out of Winnipeg? who really knows, nobody knows. 

Has he matured this season tho as a player both on and off the ice? in a very limited sample so far, it would appear he has.

Does that mean TNSE told him if he wants to be traded, he needs to be a good boy? Doubt it, probably just means he's decided to grow up a bit.

A while back, people told brandon to stop speculating about the bar fights or things like that, drug use etc, blah blah blah... whats the difference between what brandon was doing and what some are doing here? Speculating is wonderful but that's all it is. Fact really is, none of us have any clue if he wants out or not. 

So because there are examples in history of players playing poorly because they want out of a city it means all players who want out must play poorly? Bad logic there.

You missed the part where I said with enthusiasm. There's showing up to do your job and then there's showing up to do your job with enthusiasm. The difference is fairly obvious when it comes to Kane.

Kane has virtually zero options if he wants out of Winnipeg. Playing poorly isnt one of them. He can gamble and publicly demand a trade but that doesnt mean the Jets would trade him and it ham strings the Jets in their ability to get full value for him which ultimately impacts whether they'd make the deal. He could do something egregious in the community but again, that doesnt mean he'd get traded and also impacts his value. He could play poorly, but again, it doesnt force the Jets' hand and it hurts his value.

Every player has options. In this day and age, you can force a trade quite easily. It may not happen quickly but players control the ability to basically dictate their future however they choose. Kane dictated his by signing a long term deal here.

His comments about Scheif and Wheeler mean nothing because it has nothing to do with playing in Winnipeg. Plus, no player ever says "Nah, I'd rather play with...."

They have a ton to do with playing in Winnipeg. Especially when a player like Kane goes out of his way to make them.

I think thats why Kane's attitude has changed since the draft. I think a trade was presented and the Jets made the decision to keep him. As a result, they sat down and hashed it out.

To me the reason Kane's attitude has changed has a lot more to do with the vibe inside the locker room than anything else. A coaching change can solve a lot of problems.

Sorry unknown but I believe Mikes right.. Kanes play this season so far has been vastly improved and his attitude in media and social circles are showing me anyway that he is happier and "buying in" this season as opposed to going thru the motions like last season..

So he's either happy and content OR he's playing himself up to look better for potential trades..

Kane for a lack of better word likes to **** with the media, as if people haven't realized that by now? 

If he came out and said "i love winnipeg", some people would still say he's full of ****.

Kane has been ripped on by our clown media guys since he's gotten here, lawless has been all over him.

Fact is, if kane was going to be traded, the real experts would be talking about it, Not eklund who a week ago was talking about other guys getting traded too,

This Eklund crap, it's just that, it's crap, if mckenzie or lebrun or even lawless mentioned the "rumor", sure go on about it but they haven't touched it which means it's total bullshit, 

Kanes job is to be a hockey player, not to kiss peoples asses or love the city he is playing in.

Funny thing is, back in 2011 when the thrashers moved here, Kane was one of the most vocal about  being happy to play in a canadian market. 

Lest we forget? ha 

All you need to do to see Kane doesn't want out of Winnipeg is watch him play.

I agree.

If he really wanted out hed just call it in. I dont see him doing that.

And again this is the silliest thing I've ever read.  Everyone from Lawless to Mackenzie said Kane wanted out of Winnipeg in the last season or two.  When did Kane "call it in?"  Not once.  Give your head a shake.