Lions @ Bombers GDT - - Win Or You're Out

Noeller

If the team plays as well today as it did against the Stamps, we have a good shot at winning. Getting into the playoffs is another kettle of fish altogether.

Yup it's all about the playoffs. I hope the Bombers win today so that it remains interesting before playoffs.

Bombers 20

Lions 14

If Bombers win out and BC and Toronto lose out we're in baby!

Toronto at 6-9 only has to lose to Montreal & Hamilton. Honestly, although very unlikely, Toronto going 1-2 and BC going 0-3 down the stretch isn't the most unlikely thing in the world.

More likely than the Bombers winning out.

Anyone know anything about donating toys at the game tonight?

Yup. Bring a NEW unwrapped toy to the game and drop it in the bin. Looks like the bin is a huge christmas present looking box. Pretty hard to miss I'd imagine. But has to be A NEW UNWRAPPED toy. 

I would say let's not even think about the playoffs right now.  Let's play and win for a sense of pride for the team.  Regardless of getting into the playoffs or not, that should not be the measuring stick of whether or not the coaching staff gets a pass or not, it should be the overall direction of the team in general.  7-11 after what we've taken recently would seem like a huge step in that direction.

I'm just in awe with IGF Stadium. Fantastic facility. Last week was talking to some Stamp fans, that came in for the stamp/flame extravaganza last weekend. They told me they had just visited Levi Stadium for a Niners game. They were more than Imprssed with IGF and favourably compared it with the NFL local franchise. It was clear that comparing a 1.3 billion dollar facilty to a much smaller 300 million dollar facility is very tough. Their comments were so very kind though that in mentioning the comparison they were just as happy with IGF as Levi, AND IGF was greater value for the construction buck.

I really really don't understand why most people here are in love with Willy... He might have had the worst second half of a season I've ever seen from a Bombers QB.

Because he's shown to be highly capable, it's his first year as a starter and he's surrounded by (at most times) a pretty terrible supporting cast?

Those sacks are the fault of both Drew Willy and Marcel Bellefeuille, each taking 50/50 responsibility for them.  Part of that is on Willy because he had plenty of time to find checkdown options on plays where his WRs were downfield and he got too greedy trying to look for big plays.  There's no way though that he couldn't have not had other options where some 3rd or 4th reads were not open.  The other is Bellefeuille's fault because not sticking with Cotton who was running right through that BC defense that 1st half was a dumb idea.  When your running game is tearing it up, you stick with it until the opposition shows they can stop it, they did not in this game.  No reason to go away from it whatsoever.  Normally I'd be on the O-line for costing us games and giving up plays, but this one is on Willy and Bellefeuille for not sticking with what was working.