Football Operations

Doublezero

Almost 30 people on the operations side of things now: managers, directors, assistant directors, coaches, etc.

That's almost as many football operations folks as uninjured players.

Who is Assistant Director of Football Operations Madeleine Norwell? When did she join the club and what does she do? Anyone?

Link: http://www.bluebombers.com/football-operations

If I had to guess, I'd say she probably handles travel logistics, ensuring all players and staff have up to date schedules for travel, practice, etc, handles the per diems and just general stuff like that.

But that's a total guess.

exactly what I was thinking...

Also, kind of needs to be said, who the bleep cares. A secretary/ administrative assistant with a footballesque turn on the title..

Much ado about nothing here but I will say, much rather too many people in ops versus too few as years before..

I'd love to work in football ops. I'd do it for free. Well, maybe not but I'd sure like it.

Last month I pulled in the Bomber lot in the morning to go to the store and thought I could get used to doing this every day.

I was just thinking the same thing.  Except that I didn't pull into the Bomber lot last month...

...I was across the road "watching" you.

I'd love to work in football ops. I'd do it for free. Well, maybe not but I'd sure like it.

Last month I pulled in the Bomber lot in the morning to go to the store and thought I could get used to doing this every day.

Ugh. Retail.

Based on all the ranting that is done on the various discussion boards about the Bomber organization, I would hate actually being a part of the team that has to deal with the general public in any way.