Bo Adebayo pickup by Esks?

M.O.A.B.

Herb Zurkowsky @HerbZurkowsky1

.@dedication9trey was picked up by @cfl_esks off #Als' practice roster, I've been told.

Why we missed out on this?

Why dont we pickup an NI OL off Stamps or Ticats PR?

Adebayo has already changed his header pick on Twitter to an Eskimos logo so it would seem to be true.

PR acquisitions are way more complicated than just plucking a guy off someone else's roster.

Guess so. Maybe someone can show Walters how it works sometime?

And the 8 other GMs in the league. Isn't Adebayo the first PR player this season to change teams.

How can it bring animosity? It's within the rules. Any GM who gets upset about losing a player of the PR can go shove it.  Walters has been standing pat with this roster & there are players available who could help us like OL Billy Peach  & long snapper Randy Chevrier both from the Stamps. 

PR acquisitions are way more complicated than just plucking a guy off someone else's roster.

Yeah but it's one avenue to upgrade (at least the depth) of your roster.

I know it somehow brings animosity between the GMs but "you got to do what you got to do."

it's not just that the player also has to agree the other team has to not pull him back on to the active roster.

Yeah but it's one avenue to upgrade (at least the depth) of your roster.

I know it somehow brings animosity between the GMs but "you got to do what you got to do."

it's not just that the player also has to agree the other team has to not pull him back on to the active roster.

i know that.

- the owning team has to agree.

- the player to be picked up need to agree on the move.

- the picking team need to activate the player.

- if the owning team decline, they are required to activate the player for the upcoming game.

Every time another GM makes a move, some people automatically jump to the "why isn't Walters doing anything?" conclusion... there are so many extenuating circumstances that we'll probably never know.... maybe we did inquire and he chose Edm.... maybe he told his agent to try and shop him to Edm... maybe Mtl refused to release him to us cuz a Bomber staff member slept with Weddenall's daughter years ago and he's secretly had it in for us all this time (making up rumours FTR)....

Just because another team did something... it doesn't mean we're doing nothing...

There are a couple PR pickups every year... no big deal.

What is a big deal is that we chose to go after Ameet Pall over Bo Adebayo... that one is surprising.

that and we obviously need a help on our Canadian content espcially on the OL. There are teams that has OL on their PR that can we pickup but why KW can make it happen.

What is a big deal is that we chose to go after Ameet Pall over Bo Adebayo... that one is surprising.

Are you privy to info that the rest of us aren't?.... you make the statement as if it is fact and not spculation...

Oh, I don't know... Pall is on our roster and Adebayo is not...?

You're right, maybe the bombers did try and Adebayo said 'no thanks, I'll stick with my $500 per week and foam mattress on the floor instead of starting in Winnipeg... after all, I wasn't born there.'

Absolutely, could have happened.

Are you privy to info that the rest of us aren't?.... you make the statement as if it is fact and not spculation...

Oh, I don't know... Pall is on our roster and Adebayo is not...?

You're right, maybe the bombers did try and Adebayo said 'no thanks, I'll stick with my $500 per week and foam mattress on the floor instead of starting in Winnipeg... after all, I wasn't born there.'

Absolutely, could have happened.

Craig Butler and Weston Dressler are also not on our roster... by your logic I guess that's proof that we didn't go after either of them...

Using sarcasm doesn't make your speculation more credible... just say what it is... you are SPECULATING that the Bombers went after Pall and not Adebayo... that MAY be true, but you have zero proof of it... that's all I'm saying

Different situations. Pall was a FA, Adebayo was not.

Situation is that we needed a DL... Pall was cut by Montreal and has barely played, Adebayo was on PR and has CFL experience

Both were available.

You have no idea whether Adebayo would have agreed to come here.

Situation is that we needed a DL...  Pall was cut by Montreal and has barely played, Adebayo was on PR and has CFL experience

Both were available.

Except you can't simply claim a player off of a practice roster, that player has to agree to sign with the team attempting to claim him.  

Adebayo is from Edmonton, and he's played even less than Pall.

Situation is that we needed a DL...  Pall was cut by Montreal and has barely played, Adebayo was on PR and has CFL experience

Both were available.

Except you can't simply claim a player off of a practice roster, that player has to agree to sign with the team attempting to claim him.  

He hasn't played less than Pall... 

Edmonton wasn't looking for DL depth when we were - Adebayo would not have said 'no thanks, waiting for someone to get injured in Edmonton...'

Both were available.

Edmonton wasn't looking for DL depth when we were - Adebayo would not have said 'no thanks, waiting for someone to get injured in Edmonton...'

Well, get your resume ready.  Walters should be fired soon.  Make sure you mention the Bo Adebayo fiasco and how you would have handled it differently in your interview.

Both were available.

Well, get your resume ready.  Walters should be fired soon.  Make sure you mention the Bo Adebayo fiasco and how you would have handled it differently in your interview.

No, I just said you were wrong.  And you were.

Walters is doing fine for a rookie GM.

Both were available.

No, I just said you were wrong.  And you were.

Walters is doing fine for a rookie GM.

He's doing fine, yes. 

But now the flaws -- o-line, depth, lame receivers, no MLB -- are painfully obvious. 

He better be thinking about how he's going to improve it.