Durant likely to return this season

Migs

Madani was Bombers Communications/PR guy during Taman run there....super tight. Text regularly...not that it means anything, but just sayin'...

Why would Taman leak info about the offer for a player that was supposedly rejected knowing that a large portion of the fanbase can't stand the player in question? Sorry not buying it, Taman has nothing to gain by that.

There is a very good reason the media in Winnipeg absolutely loves Brendan Taman still, it's because he is very open with them, he always told them a lot. It's part of why they hated Kelly and Mack so much, both guys basically told the media to go **** themselves.

If you honestly think that Taman would leak his offer that got rejected for a player a lot of fans hate then I guess there is no use arguing lol.

Madani was Bombers Communications/PR guy during Taman run there....super tight. Text regularly...not that it means anything, but just sayin'...

Why would Taman leak info about the offer for a player that was supposedly rejected knowing that a large portion of the fanbase can't stand the player in question? Sorry not buying it, Taman has nothing to gain by that.

What was there to lose in telling Madani after Desjardins had told Taman to go fly a whatever?

His reputation?

So let me get this straight...the day after Taman's trade offer is rejected by the RBs Durant suddenly has an excellent chance of returning. Doesn't take a genius to figure out that the Riders are desperately trying to not give the impression that they are desperate. No one offers a 1st round pick and a roster player for a 40 year old QB rental unless their QB is out for the season. Don't really care what Chamblin, Durant, or Taman SAY right now. Actions speak louder than words and the ACTIONS say that Durant is toast for this year. I found it especially comical that the timeline for "Durant's return to throwing" is the week FOLLOWING the trade deadline.

Wrong.

There is a very good reason the media in Winnipeg absolutely loves Brendan Taman still, it's because he is very open with them, he always told them a lot. It's part of why they hated Kelly and Mack so much, both guys basically told the media to go **** themselves.

If you honestly think that Taman would leak his offer that got rejected for a player a lot of fans hate then I guess there is no use arguing lol.

Better go back to the echo chamber at riderfans then. We all know how Taman operates, we had him here for years. He is really open with the media types, it's why they like him. 

God if Riderfans weren't so oblivious to the way things happen in pro sports they wouldn't say such completely asinine things about their team. 

Bomber fans may be a negative lot but at least they don't sound like they were born in the back of a turnip truck. 

Can't..stop...laughing...

,"Yet another rumor surfacing in Twitterland from the media is that the Shmoes and Riders are currently in talks to trade Nichols for one of Bagg/Getzlaf. Nothing says, "despite what we told you today Durant is out for the foreseeable future" more than the Riders trying to pry any QB they can away from anyone for star NIs or 1st round picks. Sorry Migs, this Durant will be back talk is just window dressing to try improve the Riders position in a trade.

So you believe the Twitter rumours over the GM & doctors of the Riders. Riddle me this, why would Edmonton trade the team they are tied with a quality young QB like Nichols?

Taman said on 620 ckrm Sportscage tonight that Riders will activate Durant for Game 17 & that he will play in Game 18. Doesn't sound like a false hope to me.

Don't believe everything that Pederson says...

Taman said on 620 ckrm Sportscage tonight that Riders will activate Durant for Game 17 & that he will play in Game 18. Doesn't sound like a false hope to me.

Peterson didn't say it, Taman did.

Control the message .

With Riders smashing the panic button and failing to get a credible QB they need to quell the negativity with overly optimistic Durant talk. This keeps the hounds at bay and dont have to answer annoying questions about the now ordinary defense and porous O-line.

Bush was responsible for 9/11 right? ;)

Control the message .

With Riders smashing the panic button and failing to get a credible QB they need to quell the negativity with overly optimistic Durant talk. This keeps the hounds at bay and dont have to answer annoying questions about the now ordinary defense and porous O-line.

Grow up.

So the Durant happy talk on the heels of the failed trade offers was a complete coincidence ?

Control the message .

Grow up.

So the Durant happy talk on the heels of the failed trade offers was a complete coincidence ?

No coincidence. Durant got the info this morning from Dr.

Control the message .

Grow up.

So the Durant happy talk on the heels of the failed trade offers was a complete coincidence ?

Yeah, suuuuuurrrre...

Control the message .

Grow up.

Yeah, suuuuuurrrre...

Just like having the refs in our back pocket, it's all a big conspiracy. ;)

Control the message .

Cheney.  Not Bush.

What was there to lose in telling Madani after Desjardins had told Taman to go fly a whatever?
His reputation?

You really are amazing. 

My name is Migs. Where I come from, GMs are always completely up front and there's no such thing as media spin. 

Control the message .

Grow up.

Sorta off topic, but does anyone remember that TV show The Western Hour?

Migs reminds me of the host of that show. Probably can do a mean Red River Jig to boot.

His reputation?

You really are amazing.

My name is Migs. Where I come from, GMs are always completely up front and there's no such thing as media spin.

So you honestly think Taman & the Riders medical staff are being dishonest about Durant's return just to please the fans? Wow you got me. lol