The Music Thread

AtlanticRiderFan

Toby Keith died.. say what you will about his politics but there's no doubt he could write a hook and never short of creative lyrics... dude was a good song writer. 

- coming from a 90s loving rock n roller who writes music himself. The dude was gifted and knew how to tell a story 

Rip

14 hours ago, CodyT said:

Toby Keith died.. say what you will about his politics but there's no doubt he could write a hook and never short of creative lyrics... dude was a good song writer. 

- coming from a 90s loving rock n roller who writes music himself. The dude was gifted and knew how to tell a story 

Rip

By most accounts that I've seen, he was a democrat.  He was loud and proud about his patriotism, but he was less conservative than most people thought.

8 hours ago, Sard said:

By most accounts that I've seen, he was a democrat.  He was loud and proud about his patriotism, but he was less conservative than most people thought.

I did not know that. Nonetheless... sad he's past away 

9 hours ago, Sard said:

Rolling stone had an interesting article about that very same thing.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/toby-keith-politics-republican-1234962575/

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Toby was unapologetically a Democrat.... Just extremely supportive of the military. His father lost an eye in WW2 and they were very much a pro military family. 

Odd, I never got that... from all I have read about him, his politics seemed more complicated and nuanced than that.

I think he held some very strong libertarian ideals too... and many Republican ideals... 

1 hour ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

Odd, I never got that... from all I have read about him, his politics seemed more complicated and nuanced than that.

I think he held some very strong libertarian ideals too... and many Republican ideals... 

I've read a number of interviews where he talked about generally voting Democrat. He was not the rabid Republican that people thought he was.

3 hours ago, Noeller said:

I've read a number of interviews where he talked about generally voting Democrat. He was not the rabid Republican that people thought he was.

Hm. Well even more respect to Mr Keith then. Was a very big fan of his music 

2 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Certainly the immediate Wilson family must know some good lawyers & accountants who they also trust & won't screw them over.

Yes, his management team is made up of lawyers and accountants. That's the management team that they hired. 

Hey @Noeller are you playing the new Beyonce on your radio station?

How do you feel about non-tradition country artists like Jelly Roll being labled as country?

Personally I dont have an issue with Jelly Roll as I think he's a good singer and I like his songs.

One of my favorite songs back in the day was All Summer Long but it still seems strange hearing Kid Rock on country radio.

5 minutes ago, iHeart said:

the park isn't used as a concert venue that often (like not as often as Canada Life Center or IGF or even the convention centre)

That's the second concert announcement this year. I feel like there have been many years without any other events besides baseball at Global Shaw Blue Cross Park.