Winnipeg @ BC - final thoughts.

Mr Dee

Reluctantly I must give the game ball to Kevin Glenn.

At one point he was 18/20 and finished 20/27 - 261yards

He was focused, accurate and followed a good game plan to the letter.

We bothered him somewhat, but not enough to through him off his game.

And besides….he was closer to 250 yards than that running mouth back.

Overall, BC used the short passing game to control game and blunt the blitz (which wasn't very successful) and ran every now and again to keep the Bomber defence off balance. In the last few minutes BC ran the ball to eat up the clock and keep a very impotent Bomber offense off the field. BC executed their game plan to near-perfection and the Bombers did........nothing on offense. No longer a time for a tune-up, but an overhaul. We're about six players away from being competitive.

Well I guess we're back to 2013 where we live on hope and alcohol. I for one welcome our Liquor and Lottery overlords...

Geez and I thought I was a pessimistic person. How are we even close to the 2013 season? Are you mentally irregular or something?

It's obvious he wakes up in the morning pissed off and angry, compared the jets goalie in the young stars tourney to pavelec 2.0 after one game, what's that tell you really.. 

Well I guess we're back to 2013 where we live on hope and alcohol. I for one welcome our Liquor and Lottery overlords...

Geez and I thought I was a pessimistic person. How are we even close to the 2013 season? Are you mentally irregular or something?

It was a joke, sorry you missed it.

It's obvious he wakes up in the morning pissed off and angry, compared the jets goalie in the young stars tourney to pavelec 2.0 after one game, what's that tell you really.. 

It tells me you're probably an angsty teenager who thinks he knows every goddam thing. 

Our blocking at point of attack and edge is atrocious, though.......

Agreed.  The inability to find better import talent for the OL is vexing to say the least.  

League-wide IMO.  There are a couple dominant guys, but even Olafioye looked like crap against us at RT on Friday.  Could have been called for tons of holds, hands to the face etc, and he's supposed to be dominant.  I thought he was Kirby Fabien at one point because he was having a lot of trouble.

I think that since the CFL became the only league outside the NFL that we are seeing much bigger, stronger, and faster DL talent. Also, the NFL seems to hold onto OL like gold so it has not translated into a bonanza of OL talent in the same way. Also, they are beginning to take a lot of our top NI OL prospects and it is weakening the pool of talent at OL league wide.

Bump...

Passing thoughts:

I was talking to one of the chain gang officials recently, after that BC game, and he gave me these observations:

He observed all 6 QBs throwing the ball in pre-game warmup. All the QBs could make all the throws on the field, to each side etc. but only 2 could throw the ball on a rope…zip-like…QB Drew willy and QB Robert Marve.

Paul McCallum can throw a pretty nice pass.

Drew Willy is a bigger athlete than he appears, body-size wise.

Carl Fitzgerald is an absolute beast, body-wise.

Grisby, really fiery guy.

Mosley, rah-rah guy on the sidelines, good on the bench.

Lirim, funny guy, a bit quirky.

Etcheverry, smaller, quiet guy.

Mike O'Shea is not always quiet on the sidelines calling out positions, and what to do…very in tune and aware.

His manner on the sidelines is real…stoic and even tempered.

O'Shea did mention once, on the Coach's show, that he is aware of  "Amygdala hijack" and explains why he does not explode on his players when they make mistakes.

It's an emotional response in the human brain and when it happens, rather than thinking through a problem and acting on it using reason, the emotions that occur can take over and cause us to act too quickly or irrationally.

Interesting stuff.

O'Shea did mention once, on the Coach's show, that he is aware of  "Amygdala hijack" and explains why he does not explode on his players when they make mistakes.

It's an emotional response in the human brain and when it happens, rather than thinking through a problem and acting on it using reason, the emotions that occur can take over and cause us to act too quickly or irrationally.

for an example of this see any game day thread or chat room. 

for an example of this see any game day thread or chat room. 

Nah. That's just an example of drunk posting....

Interesting stuff.

That's not something that you'd ever see Dave Ritchie or Cal Murphy discussing. 

Interesting stuff.

That's not something that you'd ever see Dave Ritchie or Cal Murphy discussing. 

For all we know Ritchie was trying but we didn't understand what the hell he was saying.

Our blocking at point of attack and edge is atrocious, though.......

Agreed.  The inability to find better import talent for the OL is vexing to say the least.
Willy holds onto the ball too long though, he's always looking for the home run, throws too many picks as he's still learn'in.

Willy already has improved over his few starts with the Riders. The offence will gradually be geared even more to Drew's skill set then things will really start to click.