Top 10 CIS prospects for 2015 CFL draft

gbill2004

The Brohm and Portis deals are both conditional picks.

Brohm will be a 4th rounder based on where we are in the season (was a 2-4 round pick based on games started).  And yes I stated Portis was a conditional pick. 

I'm aware. I was clarifying for everyone else. Don't worry, we all know you said it first.

Thanks for clarifying my message that was already clear. 

Please just get over yourself already, not every interjection or addition to information you are providing is meant to be a slight on you.

You're one of the members on this site who contributes the most as far as information goes but the way you seek credit and want to be acknowledged for it is so tiring to deal with.

Actually you need to get over yourself.  You come across a very arrogant and a "know it all".

You both do, and that's what makes this thread most entertaining :) #ImMostImportant #NoIMMostImportant #MommmmmmmmmmmHeCalledMeNames

I think now, looking back, we did not fight the enemy; we fought ourselves. And the enemy was in us. The war is over for me now, but it will always be there, the rest of my days as I'm sure Gbill2004 will be, fighting with Mike for what Noeller called possession of my soul. There are times since, I've felt like the child born of those two fathers. But, be that as it may, those of us who did make it have an obligation to build again, to teach to others what we know, and to try with what's left of our lives to find a goodness and a meaning to this life.

I know he's still a couple years away but I'm interested to see what this kid can do over the next couple CIS seasons...

http://mytoba.ca/sports/bison-defender-david-onyemata-may-be-the-next-big-thing/

He's a freak of nature. I think one of the most overlooked things about the new facility is what it is going to do for the Bisons program. We are going to have the ability to see a LOT of future CFL players in Bison colors.

I know he's still a couple years away but I'm interested to see what this kid can do over the next couple CIS seasons...

http://mytoba.ca/sports/bison-defender-david-onyemata-may-be-the-next-big-thing/

Given his sheer size alone if he is any kind of athlete at all he'll be floating around the NFL for awhile before, if ever, he sees a CFL field.

20. Rory Connop, DL, Western

19. Jake Harty, REC, Calgary

18. Tevaughn Campbell, DB, Regina

17. Ese Mrabure-Ajufo, DL, Laurier

16. Karl Lavoie, OL, Laval

15. Nicholas Shortill, LB, McMaster

14. Sean McEwen, OL, Calgary

13. Brandon Tennant, DL, Laval

12. Chris Ackie, DB, Laurier

11. Addison Richards, REC, Regina

10. Dillon Guy, OL, Buffalo

9. Mehdi Abdesmad, DL, Boston College

8. Sukh Chungh, OL, Calgary

7. Jacob Ruby, OL, Richmond

6. Alex Mateas, OL, UConn

5. Daryl Waud, DL, Western

4. Danny Groulx, OL, Laval

3. Nic Demski, REC, Manitoba

2. Tyler Varga, RB, Yale

1. Brett Boyko, OL, UNLV

Few surprises on this list, expected to see a few names that didn't show up.

Also, Varga is super talented, but I'm not sure if he'll be a CFL player. He seems to be interested in pursuing a medical career so it will be interesting to see what choices he makes going forward with football.

Honestly, we should trade Watson for a high draft pick.

That's always your solution, trade a guy and a Canadian this time? We lack Canadian depth, why do you want to trade it? Seriously and besides what makes you think we could get a top 3 pick anyway, You eliminate the guys with NFL aspirations and both Groulx and Demski are gone  1,2 probably. 

Right now if the season ended we'd pick 5th... Ottawa, Hamilton,Montreal, Toronto,Winnipeg. We won't be trading up, that's for sure. 

Ottawa? need canadian help across the board

Hamilton? Good bet they go OLINE. 

Montreal? Your  guess is as good as mine, Receiver would make the most sense. Demski makes sense here assuming Ottawa don't take him first overall. 

Toronto? Again your guess is as a good as mine

Trade Watson and then when one of JFG or Kohlert go down? then what? trade for Watson? We don't have the depth to be trading our Canadian starters right now.

Put in Carter cuz he's from Winnipeg? He's done nothing. Renaud? done nothing. The National depth at receiver looks good right now, why would you make it weaker by trading Watson? You trade Watson and that pretty good National receiver depth don't look so good any more. 

An unpopular opinion around here but I agree. Watson doesn't have very much time left, between his constant injuries and decently high salary I don't think he'll be here for more than another year or two. IF we could get a second rounder and a backup Canadian receiver for him, I'd pull the trigger on a Watson deal. 

A desperate team like Ottawa with a foolish GM might be willing to overpay for him.

An unpopular opinion around here but I agree. Watson doesn't have very much time left, between his constant injuries and decently high salary I don't think he'll be here for more than another year or two. IF we could get a second rounder and a backup Canadian receiver for him, I'd pull the trigger on a Watson deal. 

A desperate team like Ottawa with a foolish GM might be willing to overpay for him.

What we should be shooting for is pushing Watson to a backup role. It's the same old thing I always have to say, you don't cut or trade people until you have a replacement for them. 

This makes no sense.  I understand being frustrated that a player has been injured, but why would we make a deal that almost certainly makes this team worse?

I think you might be overestimating the ease in which quality Canadian receivers can be found.  Wildly overestimating.

Here's a trivia question for you - of all the receivers drafted in the last two drafts, who has caught the most yardage (edit: this season)?

answer - Carl Fitzgerald, Winnipeg Blue Bombers, 38 yards.