What Happens If We Beat The Ti-Cats?

Blitzy

Long time lurker, first time poster. Please hear me out.

What happens if we win on Friday night? Will the naysayers and doomsday prophets go into hiding? Or will their views change?

As a collective we wanted change. We needed change. Now that the change has come, we're in more of an uproar than before. I've been on this earth for 21 years, and a die hard Bombers fan for just about as long. I can't remember the glory days, the good times, but that doesn't mean I'm any less of a fan.

After the terrible start and a circus surrounding the team, how could we ask for anything more than a complete revamp? Bringing in Wade and Marcel, giving the reins to Max etc.. this is football. The team should be putting players and personnel in place that give us the best chance to win week in and week out.

So why is it that when Mr. Goltz gets pulled from his starting spot everyone goes bananas? He's shown that he can't win games as a starter. Why does it matter what the coaches say about starters weeks ago, when we're no better off now than we were then?

Change is necessary, and these changes are in place to make us a better team. Will it be immediate? Absolutely not. But as a collective can we band together, trust our organization and hope for a better future for our team? I've never been as disappointed in our fans as I am now.

well when it comes to winnable games, this is one of them.  Hank usually plays pretty bad in Winnipeg, especially if the defense plays like it did in BC, only you can expect a lot more turnovers. The Bombers have a good to even chance of winning this one, I think, as I also think all of the turmoil and "dysfunction" is being highly over-blown, by panicky idiots and by regular idiots in the Winnipeg media. 

I listened to the Tim Burke show and he said the QB's were told exactly why the depth chart is the way it is, so all their blubbering in front of the camera yesterday about not knowing who was in charge was just that, blubbering.  I was really disappointed in both Buck and especially Goltz yesterday.  Suck it up guys.  Tim Burke was too classy to go into details as to why the move to Hall was made, he said they were too personal to discuss in public, and quite frankly, I agree with him, we don't need to hear that Buck sucks and that Goltz can't hit the side of a barn.  We already know that.  So we'll see what Max Hall brings. 

well when it comes to winnable games, this is one of them.  Hank usually plays pretty bad in Winnipeg, especially if the defense plays like it did in BC, only you can expect a lot more turnovers. The Bombers have a good to even chance of winning this one, I think, as I also think all of the turmoil and "dysfunction" is being highly over-blown, by panicky idiots and by regular idiots in the Winnipeg media. 

I listened to the Tim Burke show and he said the QB's were told exactly why the depth chart is the way it is, so all their blubbering in front of the camera yesterday about not knowing who was in charge was just that, blubbering.  I was really disappointed in both Buck and especially Goltz yesterday.  Suck it up guys.  Tim Burke was too classy to go into details as to why the move to Hall was made, he said they were too personal to discuss in public, and quite frankly, I agree with him, we don't need to hear that Buck sucks and that Goltz can't hit the side of a barn.  We already know that.  So we'll see what Max Hall brings.

lol clueless

I would think if we win, that it buys Crowton a week or two... thats about it.

Burke won't be fired, players won't be traded, fans will be appeased for a week.

Would love to see Hall step up and take control, and be successfull.  I just don't buy that it happens week 1.  I think Goltz should have gotten another game, and then go to Hall if it didn't work out.

here's my question, were they told exactly why before or after the media talked to them? Cause that makes a huge difference. If it's just damage control afterwards that's terrible. 

here's my question, were they told exactly why before or after the media talked to them? Cause that makes a huge difference. If it's just damage control afterwards that's terrible. 

Burke claimed they were told on Sunday.  He was good about it though, he said Buck and Goltz's comments were due to their disappointment at not starting, and they are such competitors they had a hard time with their emotions....blah blah blah.  I thought it was extremely poor and unprofessional of both of them, but especially Goltz.  It's like the Dieter Brock ****-show all over again, only Dieter was actually good.

Our collective will in pulling together to support the team in this tough time won't solve anything.  That's namby pamby feel good babble.  The people in charge of this thing or the people who replace those people need to solve these problems.  Us ignoring them won't do it.   

The fans are complaining because yesterday was a disorganized mess.  Because the whole organization is a disorganized mess.   

P.s.  yesterday Lawless told us that as soon as today Walters would be named interim GM.  Today he's named interim GM.  Glad they sealed off those leaks. 

Our collective will in pulling together to support the team in this tough time won't solve anything. That's namby pamby feel good babble. The people in charge of this thing or the people who replace those people need to solve these problems. Us ignoring them won't do it.

The fans are complaining because yesterday was a disorganized mess. Because the whole organization is a disorganized mess.

P.s. yesterday Lawless told us that as soon as today Walters would be named interim GM. Today he's named interim GM. Glad they sealed off those leaks.

Not much of a leak, could see that move days ago.

Burke claimed they were told on Sunday.  He was good about it though, he said Buck and Goltz's comments were due to their disappointment at not starting, and they are such competitors they had a hard time with their emotions....blah blah blah.  I thought it was extremely poor and unprofessional of both of them, but especially Goltz.  It's like the Dieter Brock ****-show all over again, only Dieter was actually good.

The "I feel betrayed" comment was a little melodramatic.

P.s.  yesterday Lawless told us that as soon as today Walters would be named interim GM.  Today he's named interim GM.  Glad they sealed off those leaks. 

I believe yesterday Burke mention that Walters was interim GM and it just hadn't been announced yet .... pretty much common knowledge I think ...

Our collective will in pulling together to support the team in this tough time won't solve anything.  That's namby pamby feel good babble.  The people in charge of this thing or the people who replace those people need to solve these problems.  Us ignoring them won't do it.   

The fans are complaining because yesterday was a disorganized mess.  Because the whole organization is a disorganized mess.   

Is it a leak if the coach comes right out and says it?  That's a bit of a reach.