Ian Wild Injured on the first TD by Allen, was held on the play ( No call of course )

dmillerywg

The Bombers lost Ian Wild after the first Allen TD, on the play Heenan rapped his arm around Wild and prevented him from making the tackle and it looked like Allen lower his head on Wild, after the convert I didn't see Wild on the field after that. TSN showed the play and pointed out that a penalty should have been called on the play. ( yes another example of how poorly the game was officated ). My concern is how is Ian Wild doing since he is arguably our best defender and our defence seemed to struggle after that.

The Bombers lost Ian Wild after the first Allen TD, on the play Heenan rapped his arm around Wild and prevented him from making the tackle and it looked like Allen lower his head on Wild, after the convert I didn't see Wild on the field after that. TSN showed the play and pointed out that a penalty should have been called on the play. ( yes another example of how poorly the game was officiated ). My concern is how is Ian Wild doing since he is arguably our best defender and our defence seemed to struggle after that.

Wild has been the most consistent and best linebacker this year, and maybe even the best of the front seven. If we lose him for the Banjo Bowl, it would be very bad news for us.

Agreed hopefully it was nothing serious but from the Willy Sack , Fumble , missed holding penalty , Wild injury that was a very bad sequence of plays and turned the game in SASK favor....Wild has been our best Defensive player this year IMO, I am starting to tire of Washingtons mistakes inspite of his great athletic abilitiy Washington is doing more harm than good in most games between his dumb pentalties , fumbles and missed assignment for the TD last game I think its time to sit him down for a game or two...

Where are all the superlatives for Washington when he makes plays all over the field?

One of the reasons teams do try to run on us is because the pass defence, led by guys like Randle, Leggett and Washington, are doing a fine job.

Gotta give credit where credit is due.

fumbles on punt returns have nothing to do with his abilities as a defensive back... everyone gets burned at some point, looked like simply making the wrong read, perhaps he expected pressure to get to Durant quicker and force the shorter throw, who knows. Don't sweat individual plays so much, he's a great defensive back. 

Even #randleisland has been invaded a few times this season, no db is perfect, they will all get beat at times. We have a very good defensive backfield. It's not just one guy, it's all of them, if there was one player that could be upgraded back there, its bucknor and even he has played pretty well all things considered. Teams aren't exactly lighting it up passing against us. Tells you our DB'S are pretty darn good. 

This is should be about Wild not Washington, Wild looks to be out for a while hopefully its not too long, as for Washington yes he is very talented he just needs to mature with the mental side of the game IMO but he is a very valuable member of the team for sure. Lets hope we don't miss Ian too much in the next few weeks.

Even #randleisland has been invaded a few times this season, no db is perfect, they will all get beat at times. We have a very good defensive backfield. It's not just one guy, it's all of them, if there was one player that could be upgraded back there, its bucknor and even he has played pretty well all things considered. Teams aren't exactly lighting it up passing against us. Tells you our DB'S are pretty darn good. 

Bucknor seems to get picked on the most but he's coming along.  A bit surprised they have not tried Alexander in his place as both are Natls. and Alexander has more experience.  BTW I don't believe that he's actually injured.