SJ Green to the Riders?

gbill2004

Excellent receiver but it all boils down to what a team has to give up to get him. Not a fan of giving up too much NI depth for Import receivers.

Riders have enough quality depth on the roster that they can make moves like this without causing too much harm.  Some day I hope our team can make a trade without creating holes that take 3 years to repair.

Oh ya, and Green going to the Green, I'm just going to hate this twice as much.

Also, if this happens it's probably a good sign Taj Smith isn't playing another game for the Riders this year.

Also, if this happens Durant may finally start to look competent, which he hasn't for most of the season so far.

Also, if this happens and Dressler comes back and you don't lose a draft pick, your accountants are filthy corrupt liars.

So many quality futball taeks, all in one post!!!

from the Rider fans forum, I can see the name of Picard being brought up...

If Taman, Chamblin and the coaches thinks that Watman and/or Clark is ready to takeover that C position, sending Picard to the Als will definitely give them some cap space.

Picard for Green and a 1st rounder (potential #1 overall) will be a smart trade. I think.

If Taman, Chamblin and the coaches thinks that Watman and/or Clark is ready to takeover that C position, sending Picard to the Als will definitely give them some cap space.

Picard for Green and a 1st rounder (potential #1 overall) will be a smart trade. I think.

Why would Montreal want Picard?  They have a better centre, and neither can play other spots.  Picard is a below average blocker as a centre, he'd get eaten alive at guard.

That proposal sounds like a Rider fan made it.  Get rid of a player they don't need who is near the end of his career, who cares if the other team doesn't need him either, get a good player and a top draft pick.  Makes zero sense for Montreal.

Smart for which side?  Didn't think the Als were lacking at O-Line and I'd be surprised if they were stupid enough to throw in a first round draft pick plus Green for Picard.  Als should be be trying to find a QB first of all.

The Als is in sell-mode already there's no way they are making the playoffs even with 9 games left.

Walters should acquire a good player that they are willing to part to help us in our second half push.

Or they selling some parts to buy a new engine(QB).

I think another team already got Sask's quality back-up...

Dressler will probably go to the highest bidder, Will that be the riders? I hope not.. Honestly, I hope it's the bombers, LOL even though i doubt they have any interest in him..

Signing here would make sense though, close to his home in North Dakota and all of that... Wouldn't shock me, who do you sit though, who knows, maybe you move out watson and only start one canadian receiver and play another canadian elsewhere?

We are starting 8 canadians right now, we don't need too. 

MOAB makes some pretty crazy trade proposals..

Swiston for Westerman, Suber for Tim  Brown... or whatever now this one? Yeah, i don't see that being very likely or realistic at all..

Besides if the riders are trying to win now, they would probably just trade their pick to Montreal, or a pick of some kind

Heck, maybe it's taj smith plus a pick to Montreal for SJ Green. Think that's more realistic than some of the other proposals. 

Guys...this deal is not happening. Rod Pederson does this a couple times a year. He floats a wild rumor and it never comes to pass. In recent years, he posted rumors of imminent trades by the Riders for MILT STEGALL, RICKY RAY, among many others. There is not a single trade rumor he posts that is semi-believable. He is the World Weekly News of CFL reporting.

Also missing from the OP's post is the back half of the tweet where even Pederson suggests that the rumor is unfounded and kind of farfetched.