Lost is two words

LeBird

Anyone want to make their case for not picking up Messam noooowww?

Oh right, he doesn't play on special teams and invisible Volny does.

How about... sask leaeds the league in rushing by a fair amount and has played like 4 or 5 different RB'S in their games, It's pretty apparent even going back to last season with Sheets that it doesn't really matter who sask puts back there to run the ball, with that oline, they will be able to run. You put Messam here and he doesn't look nearly as impressive. Seriously, every RB sask has put back there this year and last year now has put up big numbers.. Sheets,Allen,Charles even had a big half, Ford, Messam.. Doesn't matter who, they put up the yards. 

You're kidding, right?

Okay.  I'll gladly take Messam on this team.

If we also get Saskatchewan's entire Oline with it.

No one else see their backs running untouched 7 yards past the line of scrimmage, our guys getting hit 2 yards behind our line?  Didn't see 5 guys in white and green running downhill and absolutely destroying our front 7?

Ford, the guy we cut, gets 5 TDs in 5 quarters behind them?  Allen, the guy they essentially benched after 2 weeks, still a top 5 rusher in the league?  You think these are the achievements of the running backs?  Okeydokey pokey.

Messam did more in 1 half of football than Volny's done in his career.

Messam is a valid backup for an Import RB, which saves a DI.  Volny?  Not so much.

Messam turned a loss into a win against a Western Division opponent who's above Regina in the standings.

Ford didn't crack the Bombers defence open behind the same O line in the same game.  Messam did.

Messam wasn't getting 7 yards down the field before we touched him.  He was breaking first contact then going downfield in a lot of cases.

If Messam does nothing else for the rest of the season, he's already earned his paycheck.  

Messam's size and strength would net him more yards inside the tackles than Grigsby, give us a DI back and give us a change of pace.

You're kidding, right?

Okay.  I'll gladly take Messam on this team.

If we also get Saskatchewan's entire Oline with it.

No one else see their backs running untouched 7 yards past the line of scrimmage, our guys getting hit 2 yards behind our line?  Didn't see 5 guys in white and green running downhill and absolutely destroying our front 7?

Ford, the guy we cut, gets 5 TDs in 5 quarters behind them?  Allen, the guy they essentially benched after 2 weeks, still a top 5 rusher in the league?  You think these are the achievements of the running backs?  Okeydokey pokey.

If you didn't notice Messam wasn't running untouched.  Even when the Bombers knew he was carrying the ball every play he was getting 4-5 yards and sometimes 8-9 yards carrying players on his back.   Sure their offencive line was a huge part of ithis success but Messam was the bull and the Bomber D. was the china shop.  Jerome has found a home and he is going to be a huge change maker in the RR offence moving forward.  He might have had a significant impact on the Bombers game as well and maybe Willy wouldn't have to throw the ball every time he needs to pick up more than 3 yards.

I don't understand the logic of letting a player of that caliber go to a rival team when the Bombers Cdn. depth is so shallow.  Throw Volny onto the practice roster if they really want to keep him, no other team is going to grab him.  If Walters thought they were set at running back, it looks like he was wrong.

Messam turned a loss into a win against a Western Division opponent who's above Regina in the standings.

Messam did that?  I must have missed it.

Let's see.  23 points.  7 from an interception returned for a touchdown.  7 from a fumble returned for a touchdown.  3 from a fumble recovered at the 20, minimal advancement, turned into a field goal.  3 from a field goal generated by the offence in the first half.  Messam had 0 carries in the first half.  3 from a field goal generated by the offence in the second half.  Okay, Messam contributed to the scoring of 3 points.

The oddest thing in all of this is it's still a Messam vs Volny debate for some people even though not one single person has ever argued that Volny is a better running back.

Volny has 0 carries this season.  Just like I had said he would have.  The Bombers aren't using him as a running back.  Just like I previously said they would not.  He remains a role player, just like he always has.  His position is listed as RB.  It would be more accurate if it just said "Player".

Let's see.  23 points.  7 from an interception returned for a touchdown.  7 from a fumble returned for a touchdown.  3 from a fumble recovered at the 20, minimal advancement, turned into a field goal.  3 from a field goal generated by the offence in the first half.  Messam had 0 carries in the first half.  3 from a field goal generated by the offence in the second half.  Okay, Messam contributed to the scoring of 3 points.

The oddest thing in all of this is it's still a Messam vs Volny debate for some people even though not one single person has ever argued that Volny is a better running back.

Volny has 0 carries this season.  Just like I had said he would have.  The Bombers aren't using him as a running back.  Just like I previously said they would not.  He remains a role player, just like he always has.  His position is listed as RB.  It would be more accurate if it just said "Player".

You can't just look at it from how many points he helped contribute. I'm not arguing for or against wanting Messam, but he did help keep our offense off the field ergo less time for us to score points. He had a good second half, props to him, nothing more, nothing less.

You can't just look at it from how many points he helped contribute. I'm not arguing for or against wanting Messam, but he did help keep our offense off the field ergo less time for us to score points. He had a good second half, props to him, nothing more, nothing less.

You beat me to it. It's hard to downplay what a 6.6yd average and 126 yards in a single half can do for a team in a tight game like the one we saw last night, even if he didn't directly score any points. Watching him blow through our D was hard to stomach.

Yeah, it was hard to stomach, almost as hard as watching the riders only score points off our turnovers pretty much..

This is the thing with Messam, if we didn't turn the ball over so much, Messam wouldn't have mattered really.. It comes down to our turnovers.

Messam didn't win the game for the riders, The Riders D won the game for the riders. 

And for all that Messam did, we still had the lead late in the game until an ill advised pretty telegraphed wide side throw by our QB..

Messam could have ran for 200 yards, wouldn't have really mattered if not for that pick 6. 

Your logic is teetering on the edge of ridiculous.  It doesn't matter if it's Volny or any of the other "non-impact" Natls. the Bombers harbour, when they pass on an "impact" Natl. you have to question the policy.

Burgess is correct Messam was the difference between winning and losing last night despite your argument that he only contributed to 3 pts.  He killed the clock and wore out the BB defence when nothing else was working for the RR.  If he's in the Bombers backfield last night they have the ability to grind down the clock with a one point lead and 2 minutes to play without putting the ball in the sky. 

Your logic is teetering on the edge of ridiculous.  It doesn't matter if it's Volny or any of the other "non-impact" Natls. the Bombers harbour, when they pass on an "impact" Natl. you have to question the policy.

Burgess is correct Messam was the difference between winning and losing last night despite your argument that he only contributed to 3 pts.  He killed the clock and wore out the BB defence when nothing else was working for the RR.  If he's in the Bombers backfield last night they have the ability to grind down the clock with a one point lead and 2 minutes to play without putting the ball in the sky. 

Messam had a great game last night.  Behind that line he might have many.  We don't have that line.

The logic is pretty simple.  People want to argue that Messam is a better running back than Volny.  I don't know what imaginary person they are arguing with.

Volny is not our backup RB.  Cotton is.