Injury updates August 3

gbill2004

@WiebeSunSports: #Bombers HC Mike O'Shea said OL Patrick Neufeld is a "little banged up" but said he might be able to play this week. "Looks promising."

@CFL_News: RT .@ScottBilleck: Cory Watson should start to practice this week according to Mike O’Shea. #Bombers #CFL

@WiebeSunSports: #Bombers receiver Cory Watson will return to practice this week. WR Nick Moore remains day-to-day

Nothing against Kohlert but I'd probably take him out. I like him but I don't see how you can take JFG out, and Watson simply brings more to the table than Kohlert. It's too bad because I'm definitely a fan of his but Watson offers more overall when you factor in his blocking ability.

If all 3 Natl are healthy, I wonder if we can all of them - Watson, JFG, and Kohlert. Rotate Denmark on the slot.

That way if we need to play 3 Intl on the OL (if Neufeld is out) then Cotton can still be on the 44 as backup RB.

They'll be rotating all three. Absolute certainty.

I disagree.
Somone asked on the coaches show and he said Watson would be rotated in

I was the person who asked this question to O'Shea on the coaches show. He said that when Watson returns he'd start on special teams. Then he'd slowly work his way into the offense. I asked whether it'd be a rotation with Kolhert and JFG, but he didn't confirm or deny. I suspect that's what it'll be. Can't bench Kolhert or JFG and a rotation would keep Watson hopefully healthy.

Marve may be kept around.  It is pretty common for teams to keep 4 QBs now.  It really depends if there is a different QB they want to bring in for a look.

Marve hasn't been great on 3rd and short, and while he rushed for a TD against Hamilton, he kind of tripped going into the goal line.  

Wonder if Portis can do the sneaks better.

Sure hope Marve sticks around... an arm with that accuracy doesn't come around that often.

To me, its Brohm (29 yrs old) or Portis (27)... still not sure I see the benefit of having a 30 year old backup QB who has never seen action in the CFL.  But having faith in McManus and Bellefuile.

Looks like Portis will be added to the 44 and maybe Marve will come off. see Bombers roster in CFL.ca

Who cares about cfl.ca...Marve is still on the bombers roster...check their site!

You mad bro? I didnt say Marve will be cut. It could mean he will be moved to IR or PR. I dont see the Bombers keeping 1 QB on the 46.

Btw, the roster list on CFL.ca and the bluebombers.com are almost always identical.

And even if Marve is cut, it doesnt matter. The Bombers have not invested much on him yet and he is replaceable. I dont think he will come back to haunt us.

Willy is the QB from now and the future. We dont need 3 franchise QB at the same time. We do need backup QBs that will be effective in their roles in this team.

Clearly, Marve is struggling as our short yardage QB and the coaches deemed they need to resolve that.