Nice to see those "full" stadiums ...

IC Khari

Yeah disappointing crowd in B.C. We could have a Geroy Simon Night here and probably have better attendance. There's an idea! Should we run with it and embarrass the attendance for that game? Bless the fans who showed up. No knocking them.

As for the empty stands, those are the camera side seats right? So they probably do not sell em.

Maybe HAM should play in the other CFL cities rather then the 5k McMaster. Skydome busy that day? Isn't that closer then McMaster? You know the CFL is gonna slip the Cats some cash this year.

Regarding TSN blackouts, they must be paying CFL teams to have them lifted. I cannot think of any other valid reason.

McMaster is in Hamilton.  Like 10 minutes away from Tim Hortons Field.

Regarding blackouts, I think they do more harm than good in places like Toronto and even Montreal. They need all the exposure they can get. They've talked a lot about how they lost a whole generation of fans partly due to not having all the games on TV for many years.

It's an outdated concept IMO. It's like passing up a 3 hour commercial for your product to the exact people you need to sell to.

It seems killer griller Parties are taking the nation by storm. Word travels fast. Nice to see people joining in on a great Canadian tradition.

This week is going to be off the vine. On the menu is marinated Spamburgers with bacon wrapped Mooseknuckes. With my famous ' I don't believe that was mayo' special sauce.

At the half will be the griller himself performing the infamous 'Push MyFinger'. You probably have a good idea of what happens when you pull my finger but when you push it all Hell breaks lose!

I think what you meant is.... BC SUCKS

When you live in BC, especially in the Interior, you get a different perspective. The lower mainland SUCKS!! BC as a whole really has a lot going for it, if we could just start exporting all of the hippies and life-long welfare cases, we'd really be somewhere.

I was more referring to the infamous "BC Sucks" chant, heard at Bomber games.... I have no particular personal objection to the great province British Columbia 

Demolish BC Place (never going to happen within the next 30 years) and build Investors Group field in the same location and they'd be fine.

Edmonton - remove the track and make it 35,000 seats and they're fine.

Calgary - 30,000 with lots of suites would be perfect for the Stamps fans.

Sask - IMO just like us will have a new stadium a little bit too big.

Toronto - move to BMO with MLSE ownership and actually talk/hype up the Argos in the media + some marketing and the Argos will be fine.

Hamilton - Stupid stadium location, but selling out 22,500 seats shouldn't be a massive issue.

Ottawa - did a good job, just would have liked to have seen 25k instead of 24k.

Montreal - Lower the ticket prices in the corners and get a transit deal, plus more media presence and get rid of that Board of directors (over $500k a year spent by Wetenhall on his Board) take that out and the Hawkins contract buy-out, the team actually makes good money.

Demolish BC Place (never going to happen within the next 30 years) and build Investors Group field in the same location and they'd be fine.

Edmonton - remove the track and make it 35,000 seats and they're fine.

Calgary - 30,000 with lots of suites would be perfect for the Stamps fans.

Sask - IMO just like us will have a new stadium a little bit too big.

Toronto - move to BMO with MLSE ownership and actually talk/hype up the Argos in the media + some marketing and the Argos will be fine.

Hamilton - Stupid stadium location, but selling out 22,500 seats shouldn't be a massive issue.

Ottawa - did a good job, just would have liked to have seen 25k instead of 24k.

Montreal - Lower the ticket prices in the corners and get a transit deal, plus more media presence and get rid of that Board of directors (over $500k a year spent by Wetenhall on his Board) take that out and the Hawkins contract buy-out, the team actually makes good money.

Why the hell does Wetenhall need a board of directors when he owns the team?  He can run it badly all on his own.

Yeah is there a reason that blackouts were lifted?

Yes.  The industry of sports figured out how to monetize television broadcasts, led by the NFL.  It's worth more to have the skyrocketing rights fees and eyeballs for advertising than the couple thousand people (which could be less or more depending on the city) who might choose to go to a game if they can't watch it on TV.

IMO, several teams are missing an opportunity to get more butts in seats.  Bombers are a prime example.  Those corner endzone seats that never sell should go for $10-$15.  Get people in the building, get them buying concessions and merchandise, maybe even provide a good enough experience that someone comes back in a more expensive seat.  Better to sell that seat for $10 than have it sit empty for 9 games.

The NFL still has local blackouts. Most teams sell out and it isn't an issue, but teams like Jacksonville and Tennessee are often blacked out locally.

Ticket prices are out of whack. Why should  I go to a Stamps game & pay way too much $$$ for a ticket when I can sit home & watch it for free?

Went to the stadium last year on section 204? Upper deck ne side with some section before the rail.

Game was fun because my friends were there, but from that distance from the field I find I enjoy the game more at home. The replays show and explain more. I can pause and then fast forward through the commercials.

That and I live on north main which made getting to the stadium a huge pain. Drove to Taylor park and ride and then waited for a bus.

Sadly I enjoyed the old stadium and location better. Meh.

Still love the bombers but enjoy watching from home,

BC Place holds 55,000 people. You expect them to sellout regular season CFL games?

No, but they should be getting at lest 30 000 at the games, which they are not.

Based on what?  Where does the number 30,000 come from?  Seems rather arbitrary.

BC Place holds 55,000 people. You expect them to sellout regular season CFL games?

No, but they should be getting at lest 30 000 at the games, which they are not.

Based on what?  Where does the number 30,000 come from?  Seems rather arbitrary.

Lke MTL and TOR, if you are in a big city you got a hell of lot of alternatives to CFL.

But yeah, MTL, B.C. & TOR should be leading this league in attendance. Course MTL is in a rinky dink college park.

Looking back at 2011 stats on CFL.CA it appears that BC was getting around 25,000 out for their games at Tempire.  Now with BC Place they are getting the same amount of fans coming out, even though BC Place is a much better facility.  The problem is that 25,000 fans at Tempire is a noisy fun crowd, 25,000 in BC Place sounds like a morgue.  It definitely isn't nearly as fun when the place is over half empty.  I still don't know why the government here dumped so much cash into renovating such a large facility that is so under-used by the hipster ******-bags of Vancouver.  It's kind of ridiculous.