Ticket count for Thursdays game 27,700

lol was at the bomber store today with the girlfriend, seriously just saying but.. the bomber store is really the only place you can get clothes at that actually don't suck. We went to River City near Polo, 98 percent of that shop is Jets Stuff, what the heck really, had more rider "clothing" than bomber stuff, made no sense.

Anyway, while we were there several bombers were leaving, turner,sherman,anderson, sears, suber, several others also... but at the bomber store, we were there for a good 30 45 minutes cuz shopping for a girl is difficult :P And yeah, seriously, tons of people, lots and lots of people. Bodes well for tomorrow for sure. 3 rows up  on the main bowl for myself, will be fun, honestly, Well over 30,000 im sure. +29, no rain, south wind.. Yup gonna be a beauty. 

If I didn't have a birthday party in Brooks, AB to go to Saturday, I'd have driven in for this game.

People have birthdays every year.....you can always go next year ;) lol

Not when the person (my daughter in law's dad) is turning 65. I'd be dead. 

If I didn't have a birthday party in Brooks, AB to go to Saturday, I'd have driven in for this game.

Fake and illness, tell them you came down with 24 hour gonorrhoea or something.

Get a new daughter in law.;)

Do the Bombers have another Bomber Store location?

They really should look into it, the stadium is pretty far flung. Even if they just operated a kiosk at St Vital or Polo Park.

They had a kiosk downtown last year around Christmas at the Manitoba Hydro building, but I don't think it's there anymore.

I think they had an outlet shop in either Polo Park or St. Vital when Hawker Jeff Bannon was running things. Retail space in most malls is very expensive and the fascist types that run these malls have very little understanding of charity or what this team means to the community. It makes it very tough for the team to pay full bore retail rents, staff the shop, increase inventories and pay all other overhead.

Get a new daughter in law. ;)

Thanks for all the suggestions. I'll certainly take them all under advisement. 

Get a new daughter in law. ;)

Thanks for all the suggestions. I'll certainly take them all under advisement. 

The game's on Thursday and you only have to be back in Brooks on Saturday?  You could pull that off driving an oxcart!

Can't go to any games.. superstition tells me that I need to now watch every game in my underwear eating nachos..

And you can't do that at IGF? Amateur. ;)

Hahaha yeah right.. might need a bigger jersey, then it'll just be like a big Mumu.

homer.jpg

Pretty much what I thought when they started playing good. 1500 - 2000 more tickets each week and if they are still playing good a sell out August 7

Aug 7 will sell out for sure.... unfortunately it will involve about 5000 green jerseys but the bombers still make the profits...

Pretty much what I thought when they started playing good. 1500 - 2000 more tickets each week and if they are still playing good a sell out August 7

Aug 7 will sell out for sure.... unfortunately it will involve about 5000 green jerseys but the bombers still make the profits...

I doubt that. It's a Thursday night game and there aren't that many at the Banjo Bowl on a Sunday.

I doubt that. It's a Thursday night game and there aren't that many at the Banjo Bowl on a Sunday.

There's a ton of Rider fans in Winnipeg.  Not sure 5,000, but a good number.

Why is everyone getting so down about the attendance??? Even on 1290 yesterday I heard a few times the hosts of different shows talking about how they built the stadium too big because now they'll never sell out.

Last year's team was HORRIBLE. And as bad as the team was, their off-the-field PR took an even bigger hit. I'd say the public perception of the team was even worse than in the Mike Kelly aftermath (partially beacuse the Kelly fiasco was so recently and things started adding up).

So we're exactly 3 wins into the 5th rebuild in 10 years now and already back up to 30,000 fans? I'd say that's pretty darn impressive.