Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rich

Introduce Yourself

Recommended Posts

Hi everyone in Winnipeg and Manitoba for that matter. I've been a CFL football fan for a long time. I enjoy discussing anything football. I will dig in and debate football topics and admit defeat when it happens. I always try to keep it clean and honest. However I will bite back when I see those getting off of topic or taking personal pot shots. 

I come here to read and discuss football because a majority of Bomber fans are knowledgable and respectful. The CFL is most alive on the Prairie's. 

I can't wait for the Labour Day rematch. It's going to be a great game. Both teams have a better idea now and the Bombers crowd will be loud. May the best team win!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, 3RD AND 1 said:

Hi everyone in Winnipeg and Manitoba for that matter. I've been a CFL football fan for a long time. I enjoy discussing anything football. I will dig in and debate football topics and admit defeat when it happens. I always try to keep it clean and honest. However I will bite back when I see those getting off of topic or taking personal pot shots. 

I come here to read and discuss football because a majority of Bomber fans are knowledgable and respectful. The CFL is most alive on the Prairie's. 

I can't wait for the Labour Day rematch. It's going to be a great game. Both teams have a better idea now and the Bombers crowd will be loud. May the best team win!

Welcome aboard and please do not feel the trolls.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey everyone! I'm new to the CFL and still learning all the rules, but I've been a long time NFL fan, so I'm up to speed on a lot of things. I'm from Texas, so a little far away. However, I picked the Blue Bombers because Manitoba is beautiful and it has my favorite town in it (The Pas)! I look forward to posting with y'all!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, missingbonobo said:

Hey everyone! I'm new to the CFL and still learning all the rules, but I've been a long time NFL fan, so I'm up to speed on a lot of things. I'm from Texas, so a little far away. However, I picked the Blue Bombers because Manitoba is beautiful and it has my favorite town in it (The Pas)! I look forward to posting with y'all!

Welcome and please do not take us too seriously. We love our Bombers and the CFL game but sometimes we get carried away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Spock said:

Hello,

I am Spock. I have been sent here on a five year mission to explore the many facets of sports fandom in the city of Winnipeg. You may recognize me from another Winnipeg sports team's fan forum (HF).

 

Mr. Spock

We would ask that you stay away when Ponn Farr is upon you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2018-05-30 at 3:31 PM, Spock said:

Hello,

I am Spock. I have been sent here on a five year mission to explore the many facets of sports fandom in the city of Winnipeg. You may recognize me from another Winnipeg sports team's fan forum (HF).

 

Mr. Spock

So, as I understand it....you will be bringing pure logic to this particular site?   Fascinating.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2018-05-30 at 2:31 PM, Spock said:

Hello,

I am Spock. I have been sent here on a five year mission to explore the many facets of sports fandom in the city of Winnipeg. You may recognize me from another Winnipeg sports team's fan forum (HF).

 

Mr. Spock

Now I don’t know what to do. On the Rod Pedersen site I would call myself Spock logic when I tried using 100% football IQ. 

Far too many people quote from an emotional place. They say crazy things. However it’s hard not to be somewhat emotional after reading something from a fan who thinks his or her emotions are fact  

To me any Vulcan should post comments that are only logical. No emotional stuff at all. 

Cheers

Edited by 3RD AND 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2018-06-04 at 3:37 PM, do or die said:

So, as I understand it....you will be bringing pure logic to this particular site?   Fascinating.

poor poor bastard he stands no chance. Rip spock. He will be KIA or MIA and we will have to search for him soon enough. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Everyone.

My name is Doug and I am a new Blue Bombers fan from Belen, New Mexico USA.  This is my rookie season for the Bombers and the CFL.  I have become fed up with the NFL and I am enjoying this change immensely.  

I posted an introduction on another forum but, this one was brought to my attention via email today.  Please have patience with me as I root around like a bull in a china shop trying to figure things out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, DougR said:

Hello Everyone.

My name is Doug and I am a new Blue Bombers fan from Belen, New Mexico USA.  This is my rookie season for the Bombers and the CFL.  I have become fed up with the NFL and I am enjoying this change immensely.  

I posted an introduction on another forum but, this one was brought to my attention via email today.  Please have patience with me as I root around like a bull in a china shop trying to figure things out.

Welcome aboard, mate!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DougR said:

Hello Everyone.

My name is Doug and I am a new Blue Bombers fan from Belen, New Mexico USA.  This is my rookie season for the Bombers and the CFL.  I have become fed up with the NFL and I am enjoying this change immensely.  

I posted an introduction on another forum but, this one was brought to my attention via email today.  Please have patience with me as I root around like a bull in a china shop trying to figure things out.

Welcome aboard and watch out for that turn at Albuquerque. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Tracker said:

Welcome aboard and watch out for that turn at Albuquerque. 

You mean....LEFT turn at Albuquerque? (ha ha)  Of course there were a lot of twists and turns in Breaking Bad.  By the way, I do know where Jesse Pinkman lives (in our Country Club area).

Thanks for the Welcome Aboard.  GO BOMBERS tomorrow night.  The next three weeks are crucial in determining if our team has the (well how do you say it in New Mexico) "huevos" to get to the Grey Cup this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DougR said:

You mean....LEFT turn at Albuquerque? (ha ha)  Of course there were a lot of twists and turns in Breaking Bad.  By the way, I do know where Jesse Pinkman lives (in our Country Club area).

Thanks for the Welcome Aboard.  GO BOMBERS tomorrow night.  The next three weeks are crucial in determining if our team has the (well how do you say it in New Mexico) "huevos" to get to the Grey Cup this year.

You are most welcome, and do not be reluctant to ask questions or disagree. As a smattering of fact, we have members here who see it as their duty to disagree about almost everything and anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Tracker said:

You are most welcome, and do not be reluctant to ask questions or disagree. As a smattering of fact, we have members here who see it as their duty to disagree about almost everything and anything.

Thanks for the heads up.  I'm usually not a pain in the behind.  Of course, since I am over 1,500 miles away in the wilds of New Mexico, who would come all the way down here from Winnipeg to find me?  (ha ha ha)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s great to hear from fans all over North America. 

As a new member you will find the Canadian Prairie fans love and support the CFL. Passion is Prairie grown. 

Have fun. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017-09-05 at 9:41 PM, 3RD AND 1 said:

Hi everyone in Winnipeg and Manitoba for that matter. I've been a CFL football fan for a long time. I enjoy discussing anything football. I will dig in and debate football topics and admit defeat when it happens. I always try to keep it clean and honest. However I will bite back when I see those getting off of topic or taking personal pot shots. 

I come here to read and discuss football because a majority of Bomber fans are knowledgable and respectful. The CFL is most alive on the Prairie's. 

I can't wait for the Labour Day rematch. It's going to be a great game. Both teams have a better idea now and the Bombers crowd will be loud. May the best team win!

Are you the 3rd and 1 from CFL Zone?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New CFL fan here.  Long time fan of the NY Giants and disgusted with the NFL.  Thought I would start to follow the CFL and picked the Bombers as my team.  Love the nickname.  I'm in NJ and cannot root for Toronto because I am a Yankees & Islanders fan.  Same with Montreal.  Cannot cheer for a Montreal team when you're an Islanders fan.  It was between the Bombers & the RoughRiders as my team and the gold & blue won.  Have my 3 Bombers shirts already and I do get strange looks when I wear them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jim McD said:

New CFL fan here.  Long time fan of the NY Giants and disgusted with the NFL.  Thought I would start to follow the CFL and picked the Bombers as my team.  Love the nickname.  I'm in NJ and cannot root for Toronto because I am a Yankees & Islanders fan.  Same with Montreal.  Cannot cheer for a Montreal team when you're an Islanders fan.  It was between the Bombers & the RoughRiders as my team and the gold & blue won.  Have my 3 Bombers shirts already and I do get strange looks when I wear them.

Welcome aboard. We are still reeling from having out team's collective butts kicked in a game which ought to have been winnable, but the sun will still come up tomorrow. If we have a repeat performance this coming weekend against what is still probably the best team in our league, you may want to stay away from this site for a few days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...