Butchko Recommends Firing Mack *update Buchko Resigns & Mack Fired Wade Miller Hired As Acting Ceo*

holoman

So you send "official documentation" to discuss the "direction of the club." Hell, put it in a gold embossed envelope for all I care.

You don't say "Agenda: fire Joe Mack" for a meeting in a week from now. 

Have you ever been to a BoD meeting (corporation, private company, non-profit, etc)? Have you ever seen what type of documents are included in the package that goes out to BoD members before a meeting? Do you know what the legal requirements are regarding Board meetings?

How long is long enough?

Ritchie got what 4 years

Taman 5 at least

Kelly shouldn't have had any

Mack is in year 4

If you can't put a respectable product on the field within 3 years in the CFL, then you should be out.

The lack of patience is overrated. It's the lack of long term success that is the problem.

I don't get all the shock over the timing of the firing.  Who cares?  Will it really matter if we don't have Joe Mack bravely leading us through the rest of this so far abysmal season?  Can things get anymore chaotic?  It's been said that since we play Hamilton and Montreal again, two other currently awful teams, we should hold out hope that there was still a chance the season could be saved and that's why it was a bad idea to fire Mack now.  What was he going to do?  Pull out that "secret weapon" he's been hanging onto for when things get really bad?

Joe Mack did his job in the offseason.  Or didn't.  However you want to look at it.  If we were going to fire him, we should have done it then.  The Bombers are losing games right now because of our HC, our OC, our O-line, our QB, our here-today-gone-tomorrow defense, our maybe-maybe not punter and blah, blah, blah...a hundred other reasons.

At best, this is a shut-the-fans-up PR move.  Won't solve anything now since the damage was done a long time ago.

Another guy I'm interested in is actually John Murphy.

Mainly because I like who his choice for a head coach would be. He still strikes me as more of a scout than anything. But I like the idea of Dickenson+Dickenson on our sideline and that's what JM would want.

That's what I want too! The Dickenson's are brilliant football minds.

Have you ever been to a BoD meeting (corporation, private company, non-profit, etc)? Have you ever seen what type of documents are included in the package that goes out to BoD members before a meeting? Do you know what the legal requirements are regarding Board meetings?

Botch KNOWS this board isn't solid. He can't possibly be THAT dumb, unless he an agenda of his own. 

If you're honestly absolving the Board and/or Botch of any wrongdoing here then, well, what can I say -- except that you sound HIGHLY bureaucratic. 

Trade Muamba brothers to Montreal for Edem and a first round pick next draft. The Bombers are in a position where they cannot replace Cauchy without pissing off Henoc.

Wouldn't mind going after Butler either.

I'm also kind of at the point where I hate having to stress out about re-signing Henoc.

Looks like the Bombers are holding a press conference for 11am.  I'm guessing this is to announce the dismissal of Joe Mack.

CFL Official Feed ‏@CFL 55s

The @WPG_BlueBombers will hold a news conference at 11am ET. Details to come. #CFL

Thanks for sharing. If that's the case, at least Mack doesn't have to spend all weekend with the axe hovering over his head. If the leak was meant to force the BoD's hand... mission accomplished.

Thanks for sharing. If that's the case, at least Mack doesn't have to spend all weekend with the axe hovering over his head. If the leak was meant to force the BoD's hand... mission accomplished.

I would hope that Mack at least has a sense of which way the wind is blowing now .. but .. given the fact that nobody from the organization had even touched base with Mack after all this came out yesterday .. it wouldn't exactly shock me if he's learning his fate through the media today .. just the way things are with this Mickey Mouse outfit.

Westwood is suggesting Taman could be lured out of Saskatchewan. I think he is out of his mind. The Bombers don't spend the kind of money it would take to get someone like Taman, Huffer, Buono or Popp. I'd imagine Taman is still bitter towards the club.

Yep .. just misread that (and thanks for correcting).  Still trying to get a decent level of caffiene into my system .. :)

I hear ya.  I almost spit out my morning coffee when Lawless tweeted that if Mack goes (which he will) and Walters gets the interim tag (he will) than Buck moves up the depth chart.

Good god, one step forward, 2 steps backwards with this organization.

He also said Crowton won't be calling plays.  That's interesting. 

He also pointed out that Mack's hiring was also leaked by the board.  Just some historical perspective. 

Anyway, hopefully it will take a few months to hire a new GM because without Joe Mack to debate anymore what will we do?  Let's start with this.  What if Sask doesn't want to lose local hero and up and comer Jeremey O'Day and they let Taman walk.  How would you feel about Brendan coming back to run the Bombers?