Has Your Attitude Changed In The Last 5 Years?

Brandon

i know what you're saying Al and i definitely see Higgins as a quality hire. but i don't get how people think that a guy with as many contacts in football as Forde has would somehow not know a single soul south of the border... or that the Bombers don't already have a pretty good guy doing the scouting down their already to work with Forde. i think people sell him short.

Who are his contacts south of the border? I'd love to see a list. If I'm wrong & he has lots  of them then I'll shut up. Like I said, he was a school teacher when he retired. The TSN gig is a part time thing that pays extremely well. How does a school teacher get NCAA contacts? If he called Texas Tech or LSU today & left a message, would  they call back? What about the Philadelphia Eagles? Would they even know who he is?

Never said he had to blast Goltz. But he said other strange things like he was happy with all 3 phases of the game. That the team was dynamic. That they were on the cusp of ... of.... something. I have no frigging clue what? Burke is lost in an alternate reality if he's happy after that loss. Blast Goltz?  He's the least of their problems. I don't want a coach happy, giddy or satisfied after a loss.

All 3 phases of our team took turns looking good and bad last night...

Renaud and the punt coverage team were the best they've been all season, but our returner fumbled the opening kickoff... good and bad.

The Dline took Lulay down 5 times (1 taken away by a shady roughing call) and mostly shut down Harris on the ground at least, but Lulay made a lot of easy completions against some at times loose coverage. Good and bad.

The offense.. well you saw. Good and bad.

http://bcove.me/rz793qxg

The opening 30 seconds of this video is Burke responding to the use of the word 'cusp', check it out

You know, Tim seems kind of relaxed & joking in that video. He seems to be a likeable chap & it would be great if  he could become a successful coach with the Bombers as it would be great to see a nice guy finish first but he really seems clueless in that interview. Seems to him all we have to do is wait for Justin to figure things out & we're off to  the  races. Whoo hoo didn't know it was that easy. C'mon Justin get your **** together &  it's a Grey Cup parrrtay fer sure. I feel so much better now. It's all become clear.

You know, Tim seems like a nice guy there kind of relaxed & joking but he really seems clueless. Seems to him all we have to do is wait for Justin to figure things out & we're off to  the  races. Whoo hoo didn't know it was that easy. C'mon Justin get your **** together &  it's a Grey Cup parrrtay fer sure. I feel so much better now. It's all become clear.

LOL It's a bit early to be drinking isn't it?

I think Burke is over his head as a head coach. Lots of good co ordinators who didn't make the hc transistion (Stubler, Marshall, Reed, Lapo).

said it in the chat last night and you list 4 more good examples of the Peter Principle in real life. people will rise to their own level of incompetence.

I am actually more encouraged by Burke now than I have been at any point previous and it's for one simple reason... he has basically come out and admitted that he goofed with Buck Pierce and he seems quite willing to stick with Goltz to see if he will develop. That's a big thing in my mind. Someone who will accept when he's made a mistake and look to remedy the situation. For a guy doing the head coaching job for the first time the ability to learn and adapt is huge. It's something Mike Kelly didn't do, it's something Lapolice really didn't do. I dunno if it'll work out, but he's earned more leeway recently. I'd be shocked if there weren't some roster changes coming out of the bye week. 

So flat out declaring Goltz your starter for the rest of the year is a smart move? What happens when we we have seen is what we get out of Goltz? Does Hall become the starter for the rest of the same year? Make Goltz the starter...period...don't box yourself into a corner with a blind declaration makes more sense.

So flat out declaring Goltz your starter for the rest of the year is a smart move? What happens when we we have seen is what we get out of Goltz? Does Hall become the starter for the rest of the same year? Make Goltz the starter...period...don't box yourself into a corner with a blind declaration makes more sense.

you obviously didn't read. I didn't say declaring Goltz the starter for the rest of the year was a smart move, I said admitting that he made a mistake hitching his wagon to Pierce was a smart move. There is a big difference. Goltz is just the next guy in line, admitting that he was wrong about Pierce though, that's a big step from a position that tends to cling to their mistakes because their ego won't let them admit they made a mistake. 

Well declaring Goltz a starter for the rest of the year is a big step and opening yourself up for potentially having to admit you made another mistake. Still not a smart move as a forward thinker.

If he keeps this up he is going to find himself unemployable down the road. For his sake, I hope that doesn't happen, he seems like a decent guy.

you know what part of the issue is? In years past even if the team sucked you knew that you could always count on a guy like MIlt Stegall to do something to get you out of your seat. Don't have a guy like that anymore. Edwards used to be able to be a very very poor mans version but he's no spring chicken himself and not really able to be that guy anymore and none of the young guys have stepped up. Had hopes Denmark could become something but he seemed to stagnate, Matthews is have a really inconsistent year so far. Simpson can't do it all on his own when the passing game is such a let down.

Very true.We really are missing those amazing talents who made you stand up and yell.There are still lots of those dominating talents in the CFL, just not on the BB.If I was on the board of directors this thread would scare the hell out of me.Some of the most dedicated BB fans now sounding rather apathetic. This team cannot afford to turn fans off and lose them at the turnstiles.

Very true.We really are missing those amazing talents who made you stand up and yell.There are still lots of those dominating talents in the CFL, just not on the BB.If I was on the board of directors this thread would scare the hell out of me.Some of the most dedicated BB fans now sounding rather apathetic. This team cannot afford to turn fans off and lose them at the turnstiles.

Don't kid yourself, all that talk and bluster from Butchko about how the Bombers were going to be the Pittsburgh Steelers of the CFL.......they let this happen because a few losing seasons is nothing when compared to the $200M at stake.  

Well declaring Goltz a starter for the rest of the year is a big step and opening yourself up for potentially having to admit you made another mistake. Still not a smart move as a forward thinker.

As apposed to what? Saying they are going to audtion guys for the rest of the year? Naming Goltz the starter for the rest of the year absolutely was the right decision. We saw the last few years of the QB carousel and how it didn't work. This way the team knows who is taking the snaps every week and Goltz knows he has the coaches confidence. There really wasnt any other option.

If Goltz's accuracy issues don't go away then declaring him the starter for the rest of the season will be a disaster. He was lucky a couple more of his throws weren't picked off as they were off target. Throwing behind receivers on crossing routes??? Wow, he's going to get his receivers seriously injured doing that as well as one hoppers. From what I saw yesterday, he's a decent runner when he decides to take off & below average as a passer. The guy played D3 for a reason. With his size & physical capabilities he should have been a sure D1 player. But he wasn't.

If Goltz's accuracy issues don't go away then declaring him the starter for the rest of the season will be a disaster. He was lucky a couple more of his throws weren't picked off as they were off target. Throwing behind receivers on crossing routes??? Wow, he's going to get his receivers seriously injured doing that as well as one hoppers. From what I saw yesterday, he's a decent runner when he decides to take off & below average as a passer. The guy played D3 for a reason. With his size & physical capabilities he should have been a sure D1 player. But he wasn't.

have you ever seen a qb in his first couple starts who wasn't a better runner than he was accurate? Outside of freaks like RIcky Ray of course. Hell Lulay when he was starting didn't do a hell of a lot other than run too. So far he's been 50-60% it seems in his career, that's not horrendous accuracy, especially when you consider some of the drops he dealt with. 

No, the kid is a rook for all intents & purposes & willmake mistakes but the guys that stand out didn't make throws like that when they started. He's had accuracy issues in the past from what I've read. Great qbs at least, know how to protect their receivers. That's his job & the least a qb can do for his guys. Not hanging them out to dry like that. Career ending hits, serious injuries concussions will be the result. If Goltx can't hit a crossing route over the middle right in front of him 10 yards off the LOS when he is untouched then why is he playing? How many years has he been making that throw???

If Goltz's accuracy issues don't go away then declaring him the starter for the rest of the season will be a disaster. He was lucky a couple more of his throws weren't picked off as they were off target. Throwing behind receivers on crossing routes??? Wow, he's going to get his receivers seriously injured doing that as well as one hoppers. From what I saw yesterday, he's a decent runner when he decides to take off & below average as a passer. The guy played D3 for a reason. With his size & physical capabilities he should have been a sure D1 player. But he wasn't.

He had four atrocious drops by his guys. He made some poor judgment on some throws but for the most part they were on target. His running is great and overall he wasn't that bad. Way better then pierce was that's for sure.

There was a pick 6 left on the field when Denmark slipped. Not saying that was Goltz's fault as it wasn't but that would have been a killer.

Look if the ball is thrown and then the receive slips how the **** are you even trying to pin that on the qb? That's just a bad break for a qb. You're really on a rant and you're blowing things way out of proportion. Because he missed a throw on a crossing route? That **** happens. I'm more concerned with the drops and other plays where the receivers didn't give a young qb the help he needed. You're taking a couple missed throws and making it seem like Goltz couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat, that's not the case at all.