Has Your Attitude Changed In The Last 5 Years?

Brandon

To answer the OP, my attitude has changed a couple of times over the past 5 years. In 2009 I had some doubts as to whether or not I wanted to keep my season tickets, as I was having zero fun at the games. 2010 & 2011 made me love it again, but the last two years have again chipped away at my willingness to pay for watch something that only makes me angry. I'm coming periously close to no renewing, as my tipping point might be my chance to get in on Jets season tickets for this coming season.

It sucks when you actually feel like it's a hassle to be bothered going to games.

Look if the ball is thrown and then the receive slips how the **** are you even trying to pin that on the qb? That's just a bad break for a qb. You're really on a rant and you're blowing things way out of proportion. Because he missed a throw on a crossing route? That **** happens. I'm more concerned with the drops and other plays where the receivers didn't give a young qb the help he needed. You're taking a couple missed throws and making it seem like Goltz couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat, that's not the case at all. 

Whoa, chill out. Read what I said again. ;)

So Goltz is your new whipping boy now?

Just sayin' the guy slipped & was a Pick 6 in waiting. It was Denmark who slipped. That's all. Besides, if he doesn't play well in future games he won't be just my whipping boy. Welcome to the CFL & the cluster**** that is the Bomber offense, Justin. Best of luck. You're gonna need it.

Just sayin' the guy slipped & was a Pick 6 in waiting. It was Denmark who slipped. That's all. Besides, if he doesn't play well in future games he won't be just my whipping boy. Welcome to the CFL & the cluster**** that is the Bomber offense, Justin. Best of luck. You're gonna need it.

Goltz will be evaluated by two different standards.  For the CFL, his performances have been middling so far, with a share of positive and negative signs.  By Bomber standards, this is the best quarterbacking we've had in two years.  We've had to watch Pierce play the last four years - and brutally suck the last two seasons - so maybe we should give Goltz a little time before we turn the pitchforks on him.

People always say "The Bombers should develop a QB" and then turn on young prospects after a few games.  If we're going to be awful this year (and most likely this season isn't going to be pretty) then why not at least stick with a young QB and let him work out some kinks?  

Goltz will be evaluated by two different standards.  For the CFL, his performances have been middling so far, with a share of positive and negative signs.  By Bomber standards, this is the best quarterbacking we've had in two years.  We've had to watch Pierce play the last four years - and brutally suck the last two seasons - so maybe we should give Goltz a little time before we turn the pitchforks on him.

People always say "The Bombers should develop a QB" and then turn on young prospects after a few games.  If we're going to be awful this year (and most likely this season isn't going to be pretty) then why not at least stick with a young QB and let him work out some kinks?  

People want change. They want Mack & Crowton gone & are losing patience with Tim Burke. They aren't happy with the way the team is managed or coached. What they don't want is for Goltz to play too well so Mack keeps his job or Crowton ends up staying. They take their frustrations out on Goltz because on the one hand they want the team to win but on the other, they know that a prolonged winning streaks mean these guys stay. A real conflict.

People want change. They want Mack & Crowton gone & are losing patience with Tim Burke. They aren't happy with the way the team is managed or coached. What they don't want is for Goltz to play too well so Mack keeps his job or Crowton ends up staying. They take their frustrations out on Goltz because on the one hand they want the team to win but on the other, they know that a prolonged winning streaks mean these guys stay. A real conflict.

If the team starts winning...why would anyone have a problem with them staying?

No kidding. If they turn things around, they're more than welcome to stay. It IS quite possible, while not probable, that a switch will go on for our offense.

Because it'll be a mirage just like the first half of the 2011 season was. Too much water under the bridge, the team falters after winning some games & the wolves come out again. This GM has lost his credibility. Why do you think you have situations where fans actually cheer when their team loses? See it all the time in pro sports because fans have lost confidence in the people running &/or coaching their team.

According to the local rag, you pick which one, the bombers are actually going to consider during the break, that it would be Pierce rather than Hall who would come off the bench if Justin continues to struggle. Then Crowton says that he would like Hall to get some playing time in the last 2/3 of the season.

These guys simply cannot make up their minds, and just like Crowton, have no real game plan in mind. 

They basically also confirmed what I have been suspecting, that they are incapable of making any meaningful adjustments at half time.

The play calling in the 2nd half was really pitiful.

During the time Goltz has been here, he has never shown that he is consistently accurate...have watched him live in training camp and during pre season games. I don't really think that can be fixed but I hope so. Still willing to give him more games to see if he can improve, but I think with Crowton's play calling, he is likely to be ruined.

Hope for the future? Very quickly dwindling, unless big changes are made.

The Bombers aren't going to make many changes, if any, that aren't based on injuries.  

They anoint Goltz as the starting QB and demote Buck to 3rd string.  A week later, talk about moving Buck back up to #2 and no new QB in camp means they STILL haven't given up on Buck.  Pretty much what I expected when they didn't cut Buck.

Burke talks about being on the cusp and about waiting for the guys we want to finish with their NFL dreams.  

They still think they are on the right track and if they just keep on with their plan, the Bombers will magically become a better team.  If we win some meaningless games late in the season they will say we are still on the right track and we just have to wait a little longer.

Waiting for the replacements must really be some welcoming news for the current crop of players he doesn't think are good enough. NFL final cuts are 3 weeks away and then players wait for pr spots and their dream to slowly fade away before they relent and come north...on the meantime we are to cheer n and carry the torch it seems?