Leos at Als / Tabbies at Eskies / Riders at Argos

That's a 100% clean hit. Turned away, did everything he could to avoid leading with the helmet and then the movement of each player upon contact causes the slightest of helmet contact.

If you want to make H2H contact a black and white call, you're throwing multiple flags on every single play.

Perfect example of this is the Craig Butler hit on Pierce in the Banjo Bowl. Hit him in the chest, impact rose up and Pierce's helmet flew off.

Did Butler drop his head and launch the crown of his helmet into Buck's jaw?

Is Masoli looking better than Collaros? I didn't get to see the latter play.

He is much more poised. So much more poised. Has been a bit inaccurate, but is making decisions quickly.

No sacks, which is a decent knock against Collaros and his slow progressions.

That's a 100% clean hit. Turned away, did everything he could to avoid leading with the helmet and then the movement of each player upon contact causes the slightest of helmet contact.

If you want to make H2H contact a black and white call, you're throwing multiple flags on every single play.

Perfect example of this is the Craig Butler hit on Pierce in the Banjo Bowl. Hit him in the chest, impact rose up and Pierce's helmet flew off.

That would be Brandon Isaac and not Odell Willis.

Are you implying that's what Willis did?

It's exactly what he did.  Initial contact was shoulder, but he knew exactly what he was doing, he's got the paint from Collaros' grill all over the top of his helmet.  It was a kill shot, one that probably lost his team the game anyways.

It wasn't late, but he drops his right shoulder and head in his last stride before contact, and launches himself into Collaros so when he leaves his feet he drives his head right through Collaros facemask.

Kind of funny that it wasn't called given the increased emphasis on headshots regardless of the initial point of contact this season.

So. If the Lions lose (looks like they will) it poses a bunch of questions. Are the Eskies really bad and made BC look better then they are. Is Calgary just really good and Montreal is actually a decent team. Have the ALS just turned it around from last week. Will BC pull another 2011 season and start 0-5...

BC is making Montreal look good but in reality, they are as bad as last week. The only question at the moment is how long Benevides lasts at this rate.

Wally just signed him to a 2 year extension so you'd think he's got decent job security.

Wally was a much better when he was a head coach.  Benevides will be gone as Wally is the Lions best coach. 

Gabriel Morency ‏@sportsrage 2m

am hearing BAD things about the alouettes from my ' guy' in montreal. team not ready to play tonight

See how it plays out tonight

Morency? Really? That fool couldn't predict the sun coming up. And his 'guy' in Montreal shines shoes on St. Catherines.

A few thoughts...

- Obviously we're still very early in the season and a lot can happen in terms of injuries but at this point I can't say there's a team that really scares me right now if we were to line up against them tomorrow. Yes Calgary and Saskatchewan would likely beat us more often than not as of now, but aside from that I'll gladly take my chances against any team in the league.

- I like to avoid "X coach should be fired immediately" statements because of how they are typically a jump to conclusion type of comment, but with a two possession lead in the fourth quarter and both offences practically crapping all over themselves, Gable should have been running that ball just about every play in an effort to kill the clock, especially with how poor Masoli and Lefevour were playing. Even if you're punting every time you're giving Edmonton a long field and they couldn't move the ball. Hamilton couldn't give that game away any harder if they tried. Tommy Condell should be sacked for the way he called that game, especially in the final 15 minutes.

- So glad we aren't stuck with Mike Reilly. Yes he shows flashes but I have significant doubts he'll ever be an elite quarterback. Granted the line in front of him is mediocre at best, but he's way too inconsistent and his mechanics go to hell when trying to rifle a ball into a tight spot.

- Speaking of offensive lines, B.C.'s is beyond a joke. Even worse than Hamilton's which is quite the accomplishment. Not making excuses for Kevin Glenn as he's obviously made some awful reads but no one will be successful behind that line as it currently stands.

- After Toronto, Saskatchewan, and Calgary, the drop off in offensive line quality is quite staggering.

- In comparison to last week, a much better game from Troy Smith. He's still very raw and still had too many over throws but the game was called much better for him, and he didn't have to deal with the wind he did last week. I like the attitude he shows on the field and in interview. He has room to grow. How much, is up to him.

- And one more time just because it's true....out of the four current starters that moved teams last year, we by far made out the best. Not only for today, but down the road as well.

So what do we all think of the Edmonton D? They've generated a lot of turnovers so far into the season.. but at the same time neither offense they've faced has exactly protected the ball well so are they for real or just taking advantage of their opponents? Bit of both?

So what do we all think of the Edmonton D? They've generated a lot of turnovers so far into the season.. but at the same time neither offense they've faced has exactly protected the ball well so are they for real or just taking advantage of their opponents? Bit of both?

They had a few gifts ....  some very very bad coverage down deep which Hamilton couldn't take advantage of.  

I wish in this game that Hamilton hadn't given it away.... dear lord I was going to say Masoli is going to steal the job from Zach but brutal fumbles and give aways.

What about Adarius Bowman doing his best to show why Winnipeg gave up on him.     Drops an EASY TD pass that would of gave them the 14 point lead.... then fumbles the ball away giving Hamilton momentum.... and then taking ridiculous 15 yard penalties for no reason.    

Edmonton *deserved* to win that game but damn it would of been nice to be ahead of them in the standings.    

Collaros won't last this season... Bluto was right the delivery is much to slow....  

29528830-football-referee-uniform-isolat………..In the 'throw the flag category'…..On that hit by O'Dell Willis on Collaros……What I saw was a thunderous hit by Willis.

He came in, led with his shoulder, and knocked Collaros down. A clean, but somewhat brutal hit. Did not lead with his helmet, IMO.

There may have been helmet contact but how couldn't there have been after that contact?

No flag. 

iso_55, on 05 Jul 2014 - 01:48 AM, said:iso_55, on 05 Jul 2014 - 01:48 AM, said:

USABomberfan, on 05 Jul 2014 - 01:36 AM, said:USABomberfan, on 05 Jul 2014 - 01:36 AM, said:

Well I learned one thing, Lefevour's arm is more noodle than Max Hall's.

If he had hit Tasker in stride it was 6 points. Yeah, noodle arm is an understatement.  

I believe that was Koch, but yeah I know what play you're referring to.

To be fair this Edmonton team reminds me an awful lot of the 2011 Bombers, a team whose defense is doing most of the work including generating some offense with turnovers.  And an offense that's inconsistent, but hits enough big plays in a game to get them the win.  I don't think they finish 10-8 though.

It's exactly what he did.  Initial contact was shoulder, but he knew exactly what he was doing, he's got the paint from Collaros' grill all over the top of his helmet.  It was a kill shot, one that probably lost his team the game anyways.

It wasn't late, but he drops his right shoulder and head in his last stride before contact, and launches himself into Collaros so when he leaves his feet he drives his head right through Collaros facemask.

Kind of funny that it wasn't called given the increased emphasis on headshots regardless of the initial point of contact this season.

I disagree, it was a clean hit with minimal helmet rubbing on his face mask, lead with his shoulder and planted it right in his chest with hj is feet on the ground...

A clean hard hit. If we make if illegal to hit qb's hard I'm not gonna like it...

I personally think that's why Henry was able yo escape so many sacks Thursday night.. Our guys seemed apprehensive to actually hit him... They just wrapped him up and tried to gently bring him down it seems

I personally think that's why Henry was able yo escape so many sacks Thursday night.. Our guys seemed apprehensive to actually hit him... They just wrapped him up and tried to gently bring him down it seems

I'd much rather our guys tackle properly and wrap up than go for big hits and watch guys like Burris bounce off of them and run for 20 yards at a time or open up a whole side of the field for a pass by rolling off the hit.  That's a real bad habit, one that a guy like Willis has, hitting but not tackling.

29528830-football-referee-uniform-isolat………..In the 'throw the flag category'…..On that hit by O'Dell Willis on Collaros……What I saw was a thunderous hit by Willis.

He came in, led with his shoulder, and knocked Collaros down. A clean, but somewhat brutal hit. Did not lead with his helmet, IMO.

There may have been helmet contact but how couldn't there have been after that contact?

No flag. 

basically the roughest clean hit you can throw.