Leos at Als / Tabbies at Eskies / Riders at Argos

Bomber_fanaddict, on 05 Jul 2014 - 5:38 PM, said:

Duressler47, on 05 Jul 2014 - 5:30 PM, said:

Bomber_fanaddict, on 05 Jul 2014 - 5:09 PM, said:

Come on TO. Don't lose this game.

Bahaha. Don't think you have much to worry about :lol:.

Apparently not. Bombers tied for first in the ........WEST after two weeks? Who saw that coming!

Better yet who woulda guessed it was both us and E-Town?

Bomber_fanaddict, on 05 Jul 2014 - 5:38 PM, said:

Duressler47, on 05 Jul 2014 - 5:30 PM, said:

Bomber_fanaddict, on 05 Jul 2014 - 5:09 PM, said:

Come on TO. Don't lose this game.

Bahaha. Don't think you have much to worry about :lol:.

Apparently not. Bombers tied for first in the ........WEST after two weeks? Who saw that coming!

Better yet who woulda guessed it was both us and E-Town?

I've said it a few times now. This is looking a lot like 2011. We went 4-14 in 2010. Started off 0-2 in the preseason. Went 2-0 then lost by one to Calgary. Went on a bit of a tear and ended up in the GC in BC! Edmonton started 5-0 and lost their first game to us.... Also there was flooding in Brandon in 2011. Could history repeat? Except hopefully we play hammy in the GC :)

Simply put, very hard to tell who's going where just yet in this league.

I will say, it does look like BC may actually be the worst team in the league (without Lulay and Arceneaux) more so than Montreal.  Course I know they've had a history recently of being very bad on the road especially in the eastern time zone, but I think they really are in trouble this year.

2011 was different, they did start 1-6 before going on their run, but most of those games they lost to start that year with were very close competitive games that just caught them unlucky breaks before they came into their own.  This year, they are really playing like a team in trouble.

I figured the Argos would bounce back after last week's loss, and so they did.  I think Ottawa will be making a rumble felt in the East as well.

Saskatchewan had to come back to reality today, no rain to help them out and a pissed off Ricky Ray and Toronto were gonna cause problems.  I wouldn't put much stock into today's game for them though, they'll likely bounce back again next week.

It'll probably be a few weeks before things get better for Hamilton, but they got the personnel and coaching that once they start getting guys healthy they could make a run later on here.

Edmonton is the biggest question mark I think.  Sure they're better than the 4-14 team they were last year, but I don't know, that team caught some lucky breaks last night, and if Collaros didn't go down, they might have lost, and still is crazy they almost did even with old noodle arm Lefevour in there.  I think they'll beat some good teams here, defense is good and they'll make a few surprises, but as happens with all teams in this league, luck doesn't carry a team to a Grey Cup.

Simply put, very hard to tell who's going where just yet in this league.

I will say, it does look like BC may actually be the worst team in the league (without Lulay and Arceneaux) more so than Montreal.  Course I know they've had a history recently of being very bad on the road especially in the eastern time zone, but I think they really are in trouble this year.

2011 was different, they did start 1-6 before going on their run, but most of those games they lost to start that year with were very close competitive games that just caught them unlucky breaks before they came into their own.  This year, they are really playing like a team in trouble.

I figured the Argos would bounce back after last week's loss, and so they did.  I think Ottawa will be making a rumble felt in the East as well.

Saskatchewan had to come back to reality today, no rain to help them out and a pissed off Ricky Ray and Toronto were gonna cause problems.  I wouldn't put much stock into today's game for them though, they'll likely bounce back again next week.

It'll probably be a few weeks before things get better for Hamilton, but they got the personnel and coaching that once they start getting guys healthy they could make a run later on here.

Edmonton is the biggest question mark I think.  Sure they're better than the 4-14 team they were last year, but I don't know, that team caught some lucky breaks last night, and if Collaros didn't go down, they might have lost, and still is crazy they almost did even with old noodle arm Lefevour in there.  I think they'll beat some good teams here, defense is good and they'll make a few surprises, but as happens with all teams in this league, luck doesn't carry a team to a Grey Cup.

Hamilton doesn't have a qb. They had one with Hank but Austin thought he was washed up. Have a fun year, Kent. 

Kent Austin deserves what's coming to him this season.

I've never seen a coach so dissastified with his quarterbacking. Even Hank getting his team to a GC wasn't good enough for him. What does he expect out of his players? Ragged on hank all last season. Ragging on Collaros the first game. The old saying, "Be careful  what you wish for", seems to be coming true. He also has some of the lamest pre game speeches I've ever heard. Last week in Regina, the theme was, let's have fun out there. INSPIRING! 

BomberFan, on 05 Jul 2014 - 4:24 PM, said:

They're not taking it too well over on Riderfans.com LOL

I find it funny they're spending a whole thread trying to call out Chamblin because he benched Allen for one tiny bit of the 2nd quarter, when that did nothing whatsoever to affect the game.

They oughtta be calling out their DBs for being lazy with the Argo WRs and letting Ricky Ray torch em lol

My lord Chad Owen is a one man wrecking crew.  He seems to be involved in about 30% of all Argo plays in that game.

It's a perfect situation for Ray. Ray loves to drop short passes to his receivers and Owens is good at taking those passes and doing a lot with them. 

BomberFan, on 05 Jul 2014 - 4:24 PM, said:

They're not taking it too well over on Riderfans.com LOL

I find it funny they're spending a whole thread trying to call out Chamblin because he benched Allen for one tiny bit of the 2nd quarter, when that did nothing whatsoever to affect the game.

They oughtta be calling out their DBs for being lazy with the Argo WRs and letting Ricky Ray torch em lol

Durant takes his share of the blame too, he had chances early on to do what the Bombers did and torch the Argos but he kept missing his targets. The only thing the Riders were really doing well on offense to start that game was running the ball but they kept putting it on Durants arm when he clearly wasn't having much success at the time.

In that Sask. game I saw both teams were pretty even in the 1st part of the game, except that Toronto was executing and Sask. was not.

ex. - Molten's 1st interception, in the 1st quarter was a good catch but the ball was under thrown to Swain, otherwise that was a TD.

As a matter of fact, Molten's second int. was under thrown also and resulted in a pick 6. That's on Durant again.

5 sacks for Tor. vs. 2 for Sask.

Fulton did not have a particularly good game.

Chamblin was pretty tough on Allen for fumbling and essentially benched their ground game for the rest of the 1st half.

Frightening what R Ray can do when he has time…..and Chad Owens, and Durie, and now Coombs.

i find this funny...

Alouettes' antics aggravate B.C. players
Lowell Ullrich, Sunday Province

The record of the Montreal Alouettes at B.C. Place Stadium in the last decade should be enough motivation for the B.C. Lions when the teams next meet July 19, but at least one player has already identified some incentive that was lacking in their 24-9 loss here Friday.

Ryan Phillips thought about it for awhile and agreed if the tables were turned, his team might have done the same thing, but the veteran Lions defensive back ultimately concluded the Als were guilty of trying to run up the score in the rout.

Second-year Als quarterback Troy Smith was in kneel-down mode at the end, but Phillips contended Montreal tried to convert drives on third down too often.

Phillips also took issue with a deep pass attempt to S.J. Green that was both figuratively and literally out of bounds.

"You're already up by two full scores, and you're still throwing deep balls? You have no choice but to take it as disrespect. They were trying to embarrass us," Phillips said.

"I can't blame them. But in a couple of weeks, I don't care if we're up by 40 points, let's go for the embarrassment. If you're going to be throwing deep balls with your starting quarterback late in the game, we might as well keep blitzing and go ahead and knock his head off."

Teammate Cord Parks also objected to the deep throw and was among the players removed from the game by coach Mike Benevides.

"Fight before that, not after that," said Benevides.

"Guys are angry, but do something about it in the first 40 minutes."

Phillips said the Als were the better team but appeared to be in search of a spark after a game in which his teammates showed little or none. Not everyone agreed with his assessment either.

"This ain't Pop Warner; step on (our) neck because we're going to (try) and do it to them. I don't care about sportsmanlike conduct type of bleep," Dante Marsh said.

"You got a dog, you better kick him when he's down. If you need another grown man to motivate a grown man, this is not the profession for you. This is not for the weak or the timid."

Marsh, however, was taking notes.

"You got one guy who made one catch beating their chest like they just won the Grey Cup. That's fine. We're going to remember all that."

The Lions should also remember just how utterly awful they played Friday, too.

lullrich@theprovince.com Twitter.com/fifthqtr

http://www2.canada.com/theprovince/news/sports/story.html?id=ad884c85-2555-4c07-86af-702309126b9e

Philips is a crybaby. :D

I read that article, and thought that the Lions sounded a bit like babies. Boo-hoo they threw a long ball in the fourth quarter...boo hoo...

And to think the score difference is 2 TD away? If it's like 40-9 I will understand the sentiment but... oh man, what a crybaby.

I see an opportunity to trade with the Lions with their OL woes, maybe we can send them Jarvis Jones, if the coaches thinks Cordaro Howard is better than him.

I think that they do think Howard is better, which is why Howard is on the main roster and Jones is collecting P/R pay. Who on the Lions would we want that is worth a spare part from our international OL depth? I can't see Wally giving us much, other than maybe giving us Poblah back. Watching Kito drop that perfect KG rainbow pass that fell right into his arms had me twitching as I had flashbacks to the last three years of watching him do that for us.

I see an opportunity to trade with the Lions with their OL woes, maybe we can send them Jarvis Jones, if the coaches thinks Cordaro Howard is better than him.

I think that they do think Howard is better, which is why Howard is on the main roster and Jones is collecting P/R pay. Who on the Lions would we want that is worth a spare part from our international OL depth? I can't see Wally giving us much, other than maybe giving us Poblah back. Watching Kito drop that perfect KG rainbow pass that fell right into his arms had me twitching as I had flashbacks to the last three years of watching him do that for us.

I wouldn't mind a conditional draft pick next year.