29,000 seats sold for tonight

i'm in winnipeg tonight and i'm going to the Blue Bomber game vs Ottawa (tonight) can't wait it's going to be a big win if we can get it.

to answer the ticket question. Spoke with ticket rep and they hold tickets in certain sections for players, team officials, and possible group packages. She said one section is completely dedicated for the BB and they just released a whole bunch of tickets in that section. I bought 4 tix for friends and family. There was a section that a member of my family wanted to sit as he has been to games last year and the first game vs Toronto but it was gone about 20 minutes after we were to buy. So we were looking at a section close to a group of others that have season tickets and didn't even get close. So we are in the endzone. I kind of wish we bought upper deck, oh well.... but now 2 other family members and about 5 others from the Beach area that had there property taken care of this afternoon are now able to make it with us. So they made arrangements for picking up a package and tickets are going steadily and they were able to get upper deck about 30 yard line.... they were told approx 29,000 seats sold as of 2:45pm 

So was shown how to use the ticketmaster Blue Bomber seat counter. Apparently it's not as easy as it was before. But I did it 3 times and I counted the following

27,200 approx 1st time

27,600 approx 2nd time

27,000 approx 3rd time

So i think to say more than 27,000 tickets have been sold for tonight. Not sure where the ticket rep got 29,000 maybe 27,000 sold but 2,000 freebies? i doubt that the BB would do that unless they are celebrities or league officials coming which is extremely doubtful. 

27,000 sounds more reasonable as it was announced earlier that they had sold just over 26,000.

Oh well.  Tough to get people back after last year.  Just gotta hope we keep winning.

I know I'll be there, I'm gonna crack my first beer of the night in T-minus 30 minutes.

I'll wait until approx 4pm to do it again Was told that each 30 minute period they update it......

However on talk about how many tickets have been sold. I think it's safe to say the BB should learn 2 things

1) games on Friday nights are better. That's coming from someone who lives next to the Lake even not the other way around. It's better to sell tickets that extra day (end of the week. Blue Bomber fans and casual fans are into spending more on a Fri than Thur.....

2) walk up game day tickets haven't been easy for fans. The stadium location i think eats up 50% of the market maybe even more. Another reason why building the stadium there was wrong. (damn you Asper)

I'll wait until approx 4pm to do it again Was told that each 30 minute period they update it......

However on talk about how many tickets have been sold. I think it's safe to say the BB should learn 2 things

1) games on Friday nights are better. That's coming from someone who lives next to the Lake even not the other way around. It's better to sell tickets that extra day (end of the week. Blue Bomber fans and casual fans are into spending more on a Fri than Thur.....

2) walk up game day tickets haven't been easy for fans. The stadium location i think eats up 50% of the market maybe even more. Another reason why building the stadium there was wrong. (damn you Asper)

How are walk-ups tough?  They can go to any ticket master to pick up tickets. Guess the Bombers could look into selling tickets at a few more locations such as one of their sponsors but might not be easy to setup.

the reason why the stadium location hurts walk up has been discussed on TSN1290 and CJOb bomber pre game shows. Last week I believe it was the post game show. And it's just common sense. You are never going to get a bunch of youths playing football in the backyard or swimming with the family/friends going ''i want to go to the bomber game'' response ''well how can we get there?'' 

I know where I grew up in Birds Hill my parents and friends parents would never let us go downtown but if we wanted to go to a Jets game or Blue Bomber game they always knew that polo park was our meeting place before/after. It was safer. I can only imagine my parents saying ''sure you can go to IGF field and just go to one of those park and rider spots.... its too much work for everyone involved so we would stay home and watch the game on television which is another issue. Back then games were mostly blacked out unless you had those large illegal satellite dishes that would get TSN out of ontario or CBC Brandon (if you remember what it was like in the '80's and '90s.....

Another thing is you will not get approx 1,000 maybe even more fans who just happen to be around polo park saying ''lets go to a football game''..... you will never get that at IGF. Those days are done.... 

In regards to Asper. Yes it's his fault because he anchored the location to try to get this foot in the door. He had no money of his own and he wanted the levels of gov't to support him and give the team for free as assurance that he can support the team with his real estate dream.... If he would have come clean the BB would have dealt with the CanadInn guy and most likely would have built the stadium at the Red River Ex or somewhere along the perimeter near the new CentrePort highway which would have instilled economic growth instead of burning money into land that leads to nothing but a concrete stadium in IGF.

the reason why the stadium location hurts walk up has been discussed on TSN1290 and CJOb bomber pre game shows. Last week I believe it was the post game show. And it's just common sense. You are never going to get a bunch of youths playing football in the backyard or swimming with the family/friends going ''i want to go to the bomber game'' response ''well how can we get there?'' 

I know where I grew up in Birds Hill my parents and friends parents would never let us go downtown but if we wanted to go to a Jets game or Blue Bomber game they always knew that polo park was our meeting place before/after. It was safer. I can only imagine my parents saying ''sure you can go to IGF field and just go to one of those park and rider spots.... its too much work for everyone involved so we would stay home and watch the game on television which is another issue. Back then games were mostly blacked out unless you had those large illegal satellite dishes that would get TSN out of ontario or CBC Brandon (if you remember what it was like in the '80's and '90s.....

Another thing is you will not get approx 1,000 maybe even more fans who just happen to be around polo park saying ''lets go to a football game''..... you will never get that at IGF. Those days are done.... 

In regards to Asper. Yes it's his fault because he anchored the location to try to get this foot in the door. He had no money of his own and he wanted the levels of gov't to support him and give the team for free as assurance that he can support the team with his real estate dream.... If he would have come clean the BB would have dealt with the CanadInn guy and most likely would have built the stadium at the Red River Ex or somewhere along the perimeter near the new CentrePort highway which would have instilled economic growth instead of burning money into land that leads to nothing but a concrete stadium in IGF.

How is it any better having the stadium at Assiniboia Downs for people other than those living on the west side of the city? Both locations (University where IGF is located or potentially at the Downs would have had their problems.  At least Polo Park was somewhat centralized with very good bus service in & out. Lots of parking as well. Getting to & from the stadium by car wasn't too bad either. 

I don't recall reading a single complaint about traffic last week. Everyone I spoke with that attended said traffic wasn't a problem. That said, I lived in river heights and fort rouge when I first went to bomber games 35+ years ago and remembered traffic and parking always being a problem at polo park.

It is nigh time Winnipeggers quit whining about the location and the traffic.

Ditto asper. It is quite possible Winnipeg might not even have a new stadium to ***** about without him.

Edited by Uncle Bob