The Other Two 1-4 Teams Face Off: Fnf Aug. 2

bluto

Watched most of the game and all I can say is wow Edmonton must have Crowton calling plays because it seems like they love to long bomb it whenever they are struggling to win back some time of possession. 

Is Edmonton's D-Coordinator Greg Marshall?  Because that defense was so soft and pathetic it was really quite sad.    JC Sherritt looks absolutely the shites this season.... poor tackling all around for Edmonton they really need an ass kicking or at least some kind of consequences.  

LeFevour looked good out there,   Hamiltons secondary blows and wow that team takes a lot of dumb penalties.    One thing I did notice was that the TI-Cats seemed to have way more intensity this game then Edmonton did.  Lots of big tackles and lots of energy from them.

Dumbest moment of the night..... Edmonton fans screaming and cheering when they are in the red zone all while the o lineman is waving his hands for them to quiet down.... so in return they go louder?

Watched most of the game and all I can say is wow Edmonton must have Crowton calling plays because it seems like they love to long bomb it whenever they are struggling to win back some time of possession. 

Is Edmonton's D-Coordinator Greg Marshall?  Because that defense was so soft and pathetic it was really quite sad.    JC Sherritt looks absolutely the shites this season.... poor tackling all around for Edmonton they really need an ass kicking or at least some kind of consequences.  

LeFevour looked good out there,   Hamiltons secondary blows and wow that team takes a lot of dumb penalties.    One thing I did notice was that the TI-Cats seemed to have way more intensity this game then Edmonton did.  Lots of big tackles and lots of energy from them.

Dumbest moment of the night..... Edmonton fans screaming and cheering when they are in the red zone all while the o lineman is waving his hands for them to quiet down.... so in return they go louder?

Your last point: I think there was a streaker on the field. Or something was going on... How bad would Hamilton be without Burris? Would they even win a game? Hamilton has one of the worst defenses I have ever seen.

Meh.

Nice to be on the other end of a heart-breaker for a change. HAM's defense , ridiculously undermanned, forced a 50 yd. FG attempt so one cant complain too much about the closeness in the late going.

Cuts deep for ESKs as they  cant get it done at home against a duct-tape defense and a rag-bag offense of HAM. 

Why did I think downing the football wasn't allowed in the CFL?

The way they do it in the NFL isn't allowed because that would be intentional grounding here iirc. I think what Reilly did was throw it so it may have hit at or just over the LOS and been ruled an incomplete pass.

From watching it again I wouldn't call that a fumble because there was a throwing motion. I'm assuming it wasn't intentional grounding because there would have been an eligible receiver nearby. 

I wouldn't call a blocked FG a fumble either but who knows?  I look at it as a pass behind the LOS & the ball is live.

I wouldn't call a blocked FG a fumble either but who knows?  I look at it as a pass behind the LOS & the ball is live.

A pass behind the LOS is only a fumble if the pass is thrown backwards so it becomes a lateral.  Thrown forward, it's an incomplete pass that stops the clock.

Two weeks in a row Edmonton takes the game down to the last play and loses.  Two weeks in a row Winnipeg is out of the game at halftime.  It's actually been more interesting to watch Edmonton than Winnipeg this year.

A pass behind the LOS is only a fumble if the pass is thrown backwards so it becomes a lateral.  Thrown forward, it's an incomplete pass that stops the clock.

Two weeks in a row Edmonton takes the game down to the last play and loses.  Two weeks in a row Winnipeg is out of the game at halftime.  It's actually been more interesting to watch Edmonton than Winnipeg this year.

Being down 17-14 is "out of the game at halftime"?

Never mind the fact that the Bombers played Calgary and Toronto, while Edmonton got Montreal and Hamilton, who the Bombers have also played close with.

Meh.

Nice to be on the other end of a heart-breaker for a change. HAM's defense , ridiculously undermanned, forced a 50 yd. FG attempt so one cant complain too much about the closeness in the late going.

Cuts deep for ESKs as they  cant get it done at home against a duct-tape defense and a rag-bag offense of HAM. 

Hey Doc, grats on the win, I was actually reasonably impressed with the play of your d, especially the line, adding some beef inside shored up the run d and got a good push of the pocket back into the Reillys lap all night long.

I see hope for you guys yet, d improvement in just 4 weeks is impressive.

Hey Doc, grats on the win, I was actually reasonably impressed with the play of your d, especially the line, adding some beef inside shored up the run d and got a good push of the pocket back into the Reillys lap all night long.

their personnel on D needs a minor overhaul, but Orlondo is going to get the most out of what they have. they'll still get lit up from time to time, but i think they'll get fractionally better from week to week. by the time they play @ Molson in the ESF, they may pull off an upset.

Wow, if that D is  improving... Ugh!! I think Hamilton has one of the worst defenses I have ever seen. You expect Hank to complete passes but Reilly is a rookie. On that last TD drive he completed three passes for nearly a hundred yards & a TD. Brutal. Two things won the game for Hamilton. Reed's stupid decision to punt rather than try a FG in the last few seconds of the first half & Shaw's miss on the last play of the game. I saw Austin smile after that game walking  off the field. I guess it's nice to get the victory but if he thinks his team has turned the corner, he is in for a shock. I saw more good things from the Eskimos than I did from the Ti Cats but what is killing that team is Kavis Reed. The CFL's problem is they promote assistant coaches to the HC position before they're ready. (See Paul LaPolice & Tim Burke). Reed has no business being a HC.

. I saw Austin smile after that game walking  off the field. I guess it's nice to get the victory but if he thinks his team has turned the corner, he is in for a shock.

to me that Austin smile was more an admission that he knew he got away with one. That decision to throw the ball on 2nd down should really have cost him. Keep it on the ground and grind the clock down a bit more the esks don't even get the chance to try that last field goal. 

Thanks, DT Torrey Davis returning was big (hurt in camp).  D-line went AWL for some reason in the fourth and not surprisingly Esks surged. Too many kids and some playing out of position as a result of other injuries in the secondary.

Getting Mccullough, Isaac and Eric Harris(a nice find) back , rearranging secondary, defense should be competitive.

their personnel on D needs a minor overhaul, but Orlondo is going to get the most out of what they have. they'll still get lit up from time to time, but i think they'll get fractionally better from week to week. by the time they play @ Molson in the ESF, they may pull off an upset.

With so many injuries on defense its tough to say anything definitive about HAMs D apart from "struggling", but D-line is being adressed, Isaac certainly adressed some issues, uneartherd a couple very usefull players....

Judging by attitude of players they appear to still believe in what's being preached....

Re Austin's pass play.

Either a mis - communication with booth, somebody thought they had more time or thought it was still first down, hard to say. Austin may have honestly thought they could get a first down with that play - poorly executed by Grant as he didnt put himself in first down range anyway. Should have been pass interference - defender was draped all over him and touched Grant before ball arrived ..

If defense wasnt so shakey on EDMs last posession it wouldnt be an issue - still a fifty yarder at any rate - hardly automatic.

With so many injuries on defense its tough to say anything definitive about HAMs D apart from "struggling", but D-line is being adressed, Isaac certainly adressed some issues, uneartherd a couple very usefull players....

Judging by attitude of players they appear to still believe in what's being preached....

Re Austin's pass play.

Either a mis - communication with booth, somebody thought they had more time or thought it was still first down, hard to say. Austin may have honestly thought they could get a first down with that play - poorly executed by Grant as he didnt put himself in first down range anyway. Should have been pass interference - defender was draped all over him and touched Grant before ball arrived ..

If defense wasnt so shakey on EDMs last posession it wouldnt be an issue - still a fifty yarder at any rate - hardly automatic.

Gotta try though. That decision may have cost them the game even though the last Edm FG was wide at the end of the game. Lousy coaching.