Sask           9-9

Wpg           8-10

Edm           5-13

East

Toronto      14-4

Hamilton      9-9

Ottawa         7-11

Montreal      4-14

B.C. , Toronto and Calgary look like they have it all together including good depth. Saskatchewan slipping lost to much talent and hasent been replaced remeber last year when Sheets was out for a couple of weeks, Hamilton maybe have chosen the wrong QB , Collaros does not look comfortable behind a porus oline,  Montreal is in disarray and Edmonton I don't like the Hervey/Jones combo (to arrogant and not enough talent to back it up) Ottawa has done a great off season job in recruiting and if Burris stays healthy will be fighting for a playoff spot right up until the last game, I really like what Miller/Walter/O'Shea bring to the Bombers orginization !st class no nonsense style, if all pans out fans should be flocking back to Investors field by year end to see them challenging for a playoff spot.

I predicted 7 wins in the seasons. Now, I'm trying to see where those 7 wins will come from.

I guess....

vs. Ham - young QB matchup, they might be better than us defensively, but I say we get (1-1 win/loss)

vs. Ott - I'm hoping we beat them on their 1st game with Bad Hank while they are still trying to jell but later it wont be different (1-1)

vs. Mtl - young QB matchup, young OC, I tempted to say 2-0 but I'll play it safe (1-1)

vs. Tor - ugh Rick Ray is Ricky Ray, I say he will tear our D (0-2) 

vs. Edm - this would be another young QB matchup, i guess 1-1

vs. Cgy - young QB matchup too. I think we will meet BLM instead of Tate, probably injured already (1-1)

vs. BC - I'm tempted to put it as 0-3 but I think we can pull 1 out from them. 1-2

vs. Ssk - We play once in Regina while they play here twice. I say we will get the Banjo but the earlier meeting will be losses (1-2)

there :)

imo, 5-6 should be very attainable, 7-8 is the realistic expectation, 9+ is a bit of a stretch but not impossible depending how our they roll and lucky with the injuries. 

West

1st Stamps

2nd Riders

3rd Bombers

4th Lions

5th Esks

East

1st Argos

2nd Cats

3rd Alouettes

4th RB's

Stamps finally get that Cup although Ricky Ray makes it close.

The Als are lucky they only have to beat out an expansion team. Smith isn't the answer at QB. Hamilton isn't a dominating team yet finishing 4th overall. Collaros turns out to be just average.

Calgary gets it altogether with great determination. The Riders don't have last year's stuff but still have decent talent. Kevin Glenn is himself and starts 12 games ... Wally just doesn't have it any more. Edmonton is more of a joke than last year.

As for our Blue, the quality of coaching and leadership shine through. We lose when our Canadian talent get injured but healthy we win our share. International players get updated throughout the first half. Willy is finally our QB. Mavre shows great promise. We edge out a troubled Lion club that crosses over to the East for the playoffs.

West

1st Stamps

2nd Riders

3rd Bombers

4th Lions

5th Esks

East

1st Argos

2nd Cats

3rd Alouettes

4th RB's

Stamps finally get that Cup although Ricky Ray makes it close.

The Als are lucky they only have to beat out an expansion team. Smith isn't the answer at QB. Hamilton isn't a dominating team yet finishing 4th overall. Collaros turns out to be just average.

Calgary gets it altogether with great determination. The Riders don't have last year's stuff but still have decent talent. Kevin Glenn is himself and starts 12 games ... Wally just doesn't have it any more. Edmonton is more of a joke than last year.

As for our Blue, the quality of coaching and leadership shine through. We lose when our Canadian talent get injured but healthy we win our share. International players get updated throughout the first half. Willy is finally our QB. Mavre shows great promise. We edge out a troubled Lion club that crosses over to the East for the playoffs.

Merged this thread with the existing predictions thread.

Anyone who thinks a team other than the Argos will finish first in the East should replay the exhibition TO vs Hamilton game. Toronto had 8 or 9 sacks against Hamilton with mostly their starting O-line. The only question mark is what will happen if Ray gets injured.

Anyone who thinks a team other than the Argos will finish first in the East should replay the exhibition TO vs Hamilton game. Toronto had 8 or 9 sacks against Hamilton with mostly their starting O-line. The only question mark is what will happen if Ray gets injured

I didn't watch that  game cuz it wasn't on tv, or was it? Wasn't it at Varisty Stadium, so really, not on TSN so i guess only 5000 or so watched it plus some media people. Were you one? :P

The Other question mark is... Wasn't it just a pre-season game? 

Anyone who thinks a team other than the Argos will finish first in the East should replay the exhibition TO vs Hamilton game. Toronto had 8 or 9 sacks against Hamilton with mostly their starting O-line. The only question mark is what will happen if Ray gets injured.

They also have two of the best backup QB's and their head coach made Adrian McPherson look like Doug Flutie in the past, I guess you could say the same about Collaros.

The Argos are way ahead of everyone in the East at this point IMO.

• 1 month later...

For the first time in a long time I'm actually not worried about playing any opponent. I used to fear playing Montreal, then I hated playing Toronto, the last few years I despised playing Calgary and Sask. This year I'm not worried or scared to play anyone. There isn't a fear from any team. Calgary is showing weaknesses as is Saskatchewan. We have beaten all the east teams already and our loss to Edmonton I feel could have gone the other way with some better execution.

The Bombers also have a pile of weaknesses and I'm not saying we are even close to being the best team. They have so many things to fix and to prove yet this year. But they are the type of team that will play to the last second and don't give up. I feel they can beat any team right now. They might be ugly scrappy wins but they are wins. Looking at the remainder of the schedule I think we can take Calgary once, Sask twice, BC once more, Edmonton once and likely split the east games as its pretty tough to win them all. Here on in we probably go a little better than .500 and likely end up around 12-6 or 11-7.

For the first time in a long time I'm actually not worried about playing any opponent. I used to fear playing Montreal, then I hated playing Toronto, the last few years I despised playing Calgary and Sask. This year I'm not worried or scared to play anyone. There isn't a fear from any team. Calgary is showing weaknesses as is Saskatchewan. We have beaten all the east teams already and our loss to Edmonton I feel could have gone the other way with some better execution. The Bombers also have a pile of weaknesses and I'm not saying we are even close to being the best team. They have so many things to fix and to prove yet this year. But they are the type of team that will play to the last second and don't give up. I feel they can beat any team right now. They might be ugly scrappy wins but they are wins. Looking at the remainder of the schedule I think we can take Calgary once, Sask twice, BC once more, Edmonton once and likely split the east games as its pretty tough to win them all. Here on in we probably go a little better than .500 and likely end up around 12-6 or 11-7.

I think the Bombers are eventually going to step into a bears den and get blown out sooner or later but so far the D has kept the score down in every game.  Even with low offencive production the BB have been able to squeek out victories with very little comfort zone except against EE.   Statistically other then the first Argo. game the offence has had trouble scoring TD's and this is going to be problematic.  If another team manages to put 30 pts. on the board the BB may not be able to keep pace.

For the first time in a long time I'm actually not worried about playing any opponent. I used to fear playing Montreal, then I hated playing Toronto, the last few years I despised playing Calgary and Sask. This year I'm not worried or scared to play anyone. There isn't a fear from any team. Calgary is showing weaknesses as is Saskatchewan. We have beaten all the east teams already and our loss to Edmonton I feel could have gone the other way with some better execution. The Bombers also have a pile of weaknesses and I'm not saying we are even close to being the best team. They have so many things to fix and to prove yet this year. But they are the type of team that will play to the last second and don't give up. I feel they can beat any team right now. They might be ugly scrappy wins but they are wins. Looking at the remainder of the schedule I think we can take Calgary once, Sask twice, BC once more, Edmonton once and likely split the east games as its pretty tough to win them all. Here on in we probably go a little better than .500 and likely end up around 12-6 or 11-7.

I think the Bombers are eventually going to step into a bears den and get blown out sooner or later but so far the D has kept the score down in every game. Even with low offencive production the BB been able to squeek out victories with very little comfort zone except against EE. Statistically other then the first Argo. game the offence has had trouble scoring TD's and this is going to be problematic. If another team manages to put 30 pts. on the board the BB may not be able to keep pace.

We already got blown out by Edmonton.

I think the Bombers are eventually going to step into a bears den and get blown out sooner or later but so far the D has kept the score down in every game. Even with low offencive production the BB been able to squeek out victories with very little comfort zone except against EE. Statistically other then the first Argo. game the offence has had trouble scoring TD's and this is going to be problematic. If another team manages to put 30 pts. on the board the BB may not be able to keep pace.

I agree. Red zone production is one of the concerns I have. If they can turn one or two of those red zone plays into TDs instead of FGs the last few games we would be blowing teams away. I think this is the biggest thing they should be working on this week. Sask isn't going to take it easy on us. Two and out in the red zone is going to come back and haunt us. MB needs to play the swing pass or something different in the RZ. These run up the gut and short passes aren't working. Even a deep corner pass to Kelly would likely work out (baring he is playing I guess). We are still the most productive team on offense and we need to keep it that way.

Even with low offencive production the BB been able to squeek out victories with very little comfort zone except against EE.  

Low offensive production? We lead the league in most points scored per game, even with the game against Edmonton. Could the offence get more efficient? Sure. But to say that the production is low is flat out wrong.

Even with low offencive production the BB been able to squeek out victories with very little comfort zone except against EE.

Low offensive production? We lead the league in most points scored per game, even with the game against Edmonton. Could the offence get more efficient? Sure. But to say that the production is low is flat out wrong.

Yup. We are the highest scoring but we are also giving up a lot. So we either need to shut the other team down on defence or turn those FGs into TDs!

I see nothing wrong with allowing our Offence to keep 'practising' plays that are not quite working out now, while we are winning*. (and that's a big footnote)

Those plays that we are 'practising' now will either work out because of the 'practice' or we'll move on to plays that do work.

Either way…let's just keep racking up the  wins.

we have given up lots of points but how many of that is on special teams or on interceptions for touchdown returns?

I know Edmonton's only major until the 4th quarter against us was the grigsby play/willy interception... i know we have given up a couple special teams returns also.

Remove those and i wonder, how many points has our D actually given up? 

Yup. We are the highest scoring but we are also giving up a lot. So we either need to shut the other team down on defence or turn those FGs into TDs!

Right.  The Hamilton game should be a cause for concern because the Ti-Cats should have been down and out of it by half-time and our backup QB's should have been in getting valuable game experience by the 4th Q.  Instead it took a minor-miracle to win the game.  Hopefully the red-zone offence improves because the BB can't expect to have many of these miracle finishes left in their bag.