[Merged] 2014 Predictions / Standing Forecast

For me the biggest question marks in BC aren't at QB, but are at OC and DC.  Going from Chapdelaine and Stubler to Khari Jones and Mark Washington might have a huge impact on the success of the team.

That's a very good point and worthy of mention.

Are they the right fit for the personnel they have? 

Are they ready?

Is Mike Benevides Head Coach material and can he work with these guys?

Hmmm….

Here's my guess.

WEST    W   L

CGY    11   7
SSK    10   8
BC      9   9
EDM     8  10
WPG     7  11

EAST    W   L

HAM    11   7
TOR    10   8
OTT     8  10
MTL     7  11

Lots of changes in a 9 team league. Stamps and Ti-Cats are stacked with talent and they are the class of the league. Sask and BC drop like testicles. Troy Smith, with Chad Javon Johnson, the receiver formerly known as Chad Ochocinco makes Montreal forget about Anthony Calvillo. Effort, determination and better QB play and coaching help Bombers complete the turnaround and make the playoffs. Argos finish behind RedBlacks in the East.

West:

Calgary 
Winnipeg 

Sask 
BC

Edmonton 

East:

Hamilton 
Montreal 

Ottawa

Toronto 

Lots of changes in a 9 team league. Stamps and Ti-Cats are stacked with talent and they are the class of the league. Sask and BC drop like testicles. Troy Smith, with Chad Javon Johnson, the receiver formerly known as Chad Ochocinco makes Montreal forget about Anthony Calvillo. Effort, determination and better QB play and coaching help Bombers complete the turnaround and make the playoffs. Argos finish behind RedBlacks in the East.

West:

Calgary 

Winnipeg 

Sask 

BC

Edmonton 

East:

Hamilton 

Montreal 

Ottawa

Toronto 

Wow, I like how you think . . .

Lack of time to go into a lot of detail currently so I'll sum my thoughts up like so: Calgary, Toronto are in a class of their own. B.C. and Sask both take steps back. Troy Smith exceeds expectations in Montreal. Despite their Canadian talent Hamilton falls below expectations. Collaros not as good as some think.

West:

Calgary 13-5

B.C. 10-8

Saskatchewan 10-8

Winnipeg 7-11

Edmonton 5-13

East:

Toronto 12-6

Montreal 10-8

Hamilton 9-9

Ottawa 5-13

Lack of time to go into a lot of detail currently so I'll sum my thoughts up like so: Calgary, Toronto are in a class of their own. B.C. and Sask both take steps back. Troy Smith exceeds expectations in Montreal. Despite their Canadian talent Hamilton falls below expectations. Collaros not as good as some think.

West:

Calgary 13-5

B.C. 10-8

Saskatchewan 10-8

Winnipeg 7-11

Edmonton 5-13

East:

Toronto 12-6

Montreal 10-8

Hamilton 9-9

Ottawa 5-13

Your West games is not balanced. West total wins/loss should be 45-45. East is 36-36.

You're not perfect Mr. Perfect.

Honestly I'm not loving any of the teams in the West aside from Calgary and even they have a question mark at QB. Can Tate stay healthy and how will BLM do as an 18 game starter? Has BC improved ANYWHERE at all? How will Sask deal with losing a few of their top players? Can the Bombers & Esks close the gap despite having horrid NI's?

Honestly this is serious guess work at this point, because in my mind Calgary, BC, Sask and Montreal are all worse teams than last year while Hamilton, Winnipeg & Edmonton should be improved with Toronto staying stagnant.

Calgary 12-6

BC 10-8

Sask 10-8

Bombers 6-12

Edmonton 6-12

Hamilton 13-5

Toronto 11-7

Montreal 7-11

Ottawa 6-12

Same here. Wrong no of games Win/Loss.

I'm predicting

Calgary

Saskatchewan

Then I predict a dog fight for third between BC, Winnipeg and Edmonton. All three teams have major question marks.

What does BC do at quarterback? What do they do at offensive line? BC is a team that actually may have to use 3 imports on the OL, how does that affect the rest of their lineup? Can they replace Nick Moore?

Edmonton has very similar questions as us ... Canadian talent, offensive line and they have additional concerns at running back.

I actually think Saskatchewan has way more question marks than BC.  They lost a huge chunk of their offence in Sheets and Dressler, and I'm not exactly sold on a guy like Taj Smith to be the go-to guy for Durant.  BC won games with Thomas Demarco, I think they can win some with Kevin Glenn.

Calgary 13-5

BC 12-6

Sask 10-8

Edm 5-13

Wpg 5-13 (hoping Edmonton wins the tiebreaker)

Toronto 13-5

Hamilton 11-7

Montreal 8-10

Ottawa 4-14

JBR got the correct no of games win/loss. :)

Stampeders: 14-4

Lions: 10-8

Roughriders: 9-9

Eskimos: 7-11

Blue Bombers: 6-12

Stamps seem to consistently do well with their depth when major injury occurs.

If Sears and Watson go down for extended periods of time this year, I don't know, won't be good. Watson and Sears couldn't even make it through training camp. 

I think our record would be marginally better if we were still in the East.

46-44. Wrong. :P

Stampeders: 14-4

Lions: 10-8

Roughriders: 9-9

Eskimos: 7-11

Blue Bombers: 6-12

Stamps seem to consistently do well with their depth when major injury occurs.

If Sears and Watson go down for extended periods of time this year, I don't know, won't be good. Watson and Sears couldn't even make it through training camp. 

I think our record would be marginally better if we were still in the East.

46-44. Wrong. :P

Does that matter when only predicting one division? The rule is for when predicting both divisions that the record has to be 81-81. I don't think it matters if you only predicting one division.

West:

Calgary 13-5

B.C. 10-8

Saskatchewan 10-8

Winnipeg 7-11

Edmonton 5-13

East:

Toronto 12-6

Montreal 10-8

Hamilton 9-9

Ottawa 5-13

Your West games is not balanced. West total wins/loss should be 45-45. East is 36-36.

Really? ****, that means my predictions are probably wrong then.

West:

Calgary 13-5

B.C. 10-8

Saskatchewan 10-8

Winnipeg 7-11

Edmonton 5-13

East:

Toronto 12-6

Montreal 10-8

Hamilton 9-9

Ottawa 5-13

I just realized that you are incorrect. I have proof:

http://cfl.ca/standings/2005/reg

It can be how you said, but it doesn't have to be.

West:

Calgary 13-5

B.C. 10-8

Saskatchewan 10-8

Winnipeg 7-11

Edmonton 5-13

East:

Toronto 12-6

Montreal 10-8

Hamilton 9-9

Ottawa 5-13

I just realized that you are incorrect. I have proof:

http://cfl.ca/standings/2005/reg

It can be how you said, but it doesn't have to be.

Further proof that those should really think before hitting post. Well done Duressler. Thanks for coming out M.O.A.B. :lol:

West:

Calgary 13-5

B.C. 10-8

Saskatchewan 10-8

Winnipeg 7-11

Edmonton 5-13

East:

Toronto 12-6

Montreal 10-8

Hamilton 9-9

Ottawa 5-13

There's no way no how that Montreal is going to reach 10-8. They are not the same team after Calvillo retired.

Well this will be a very interesting year. Bombers and Edmonton will be the only teams that will be 'better', everyone else will be 'weaker'. Why? Because of Ottawa of course, the new team took all the 'best' players after protection and guess what - they weren't in Edmonton or Wpg lol. So...... I break it down to '3' teams, easier for me that way. And since there are '9' teams now, it makes it easy. Here's what I think

Top 3 teams: These will be the 'creme de la creme' though as I said they are all 'weaker' than last year thanks to Ottawa so they will slump some as the season goes through, but to me the three teams to lead the way are (in alphabetical order):

B.C.

Calgary

Toronto

*team most likely to fall out of top 3 - B.C.

These next three will also be in the playoffs, but if the dice rolls go there way any one of them could sneak into the #3 spot or they could just as easily drop to the 7-9 spot and out of the playoffs. These teams I predict will all have up and downs this year, and some points will look like a terrible team not capable of winning another game then in typical CFL fashion roll off a 3 or 4 game win streak, again in alphabetical order:

Edmonton

Hamilton

Sasktachewan

* team most likely to jump to top 3 - Saskatchewan - team most likely to fall out of top 6 - Edmonton

And the bottom three - here I feel again, given the roll of the dice, could easily surpass Edmonton for #6, esp the eastern ones here as all they need to do is tie them. But lets face it, one has no QB, one is brand new to the league, and one is recovering from a total mess from last season, Of the three I think Montreal has the best chance if they can land a QB as to me they have the best receivers in the league from what I can tell, but if they don't get a QB to get them the ball they're in for a long long season. Again, alphabetically:

Montreal

Ottawa

Winnipeg

*Team most likely to jump to top 6 - Montreal IF they get a QB

Records - who knows. I think this season will be wildly unpredictable - but that's how I like to break it down. 

Montreal - Edmonton - Winnipeg - Ottawa = 26 wins allotted

BC - Calgary - Toronto - Sask. - Hamilton  = 55 wins allotted  

These teams can split those wins up any way they choose.

East          There's a gap here for a reason.    West

Toronto                                                            Calg. - BC - Sask

Winnipeg - Edmonton

Ham.                                                                                                        

Mont.                                                                

Ottawa.