Best Coaches Since 2000

Snowboy

Kelly did some things right and some things very wrong. I honestly think if his ego allowed him to just be the head coach and not the GM and offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach he might have turned out ok in that role. I was more angry at the moves Kelly made as GM than coach in general. 

Kelly did some things right and some things very wrong. I honestly think if his ego allowed him to just be the head coach and not the GM and offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach he might have turned out ok in that role. I was more angry at the moves Kelly made as GM than coach in general. 

Just curious, what were some of the things he did right?

When he realized lefors wasn't going to work he brought in my buddy michael bishop.. watching him throw the ball all the way down field was fun to watch.

it was also fun to watch him miss the reciever and take out someone in the stands.

good memories.

... well... I had a bomber knock on my door because what i had smelled so good.. lol.. So.. i had to get for him a couple of times until i just introduced him to my friend cause i didn't want to deal with it.. 

Pretty much all of the bombers on my floor smoked when i lived there.. out of the 8 appartments on the floor, 5 had bombers in them.

And running into them was pretty funny..

well the players obviously played for him even if it was a shitty scheme they were doing. And I think he nicely kept the pressure off of them by putting the spotlight entirely on himself. If we had a different OC running a workable offensive scheme that team might have been quite different, but the ego wouldn't allow that from Kelly. 

... well... I had a bomber knock on my door because what i had smelled so good.. lol.. So.. i had to get for him a couple of times until i just introduced him to my friend cause i didn't want to deal with it.. 

Pretty much all of the bombers on my floor smoked when i lived there.. out of the 8 appartments on the floor, 5 had bombers in them.

And running into them was pretty funny..

Yeah I like smoked meat too.  Smoked salmon in particular is very good but very smelly.  I assume this is what you are talking about.

The only good thing is if Kelly was coaching this team right now he would be starting Goltz the rest of the year.

And he'd have Goltz lining up under center and take away all of his scrambling options, leaving him a sitting duck looking to hand off to Brock Ralph on every other play.

Therefore I'd say  the good was miniscule compared to the bad.

obviously, especially when you consider how many roles he had to do bad things in. The most disgraceful thing he did was how he treated the quarterbacks. He drove the bus completely over Lefors, then he gave everyone else one chance to sink or swim or they were gone. Just disgusting way to treat players. 

firing Berry and cutting Glenn outright were tremendous mistakes. Berry deserved a chance to rebound from a poor year in 2008 and we're still looking for a qb as good as Glenn was. 

Based on over a decade of stats with these coaches, I would say get Berry back. ( i would say Ritchie, but he's in a rocking chair somewhere.) Berry can be available and would probably jump at the chance..............it would mean we finally hire a coach with previous coaching experience, regardless of deja vous, and he probably has learned from his previous experiences. Burke is not cutting it and is too honest for his own good. That gamble instead of the field goal sealed it for me. It was desperation!