Best Coaches Since 2000

Snowboy

obviously, especially when you consider how many roles he had to do bad things in. The most disgraceful thing he did was how he treated the quarterbacks. He drove the bus completely over Lefors, then he gave everyone else one chance to sink or swim or they were gone. Just disgusting way to treat players. 

LeFors may have been a decent qb for us with a different coach & system. We'll never know. Kelly just didn't just drive the bus over the guy. He drove a cement truck & buried him.

obviously, especially when you consider how many roles he had to do bad things in. The most disgraceful thing he did was how he treated the quarterbacks. He drove the bus completely over Lefors, then he gave everyone else one chance to sink or swim or they were gone. Just disgusting way to treat players. 

What he did to Lefors with the paycut was the final straw for me with him. That was garbage.

LaPo most definitely deserved to get canned, he was god awful and for a guru of offenses he was downright pathetic.     

Berry deserved another shot,  I think it would of benefited him having another guy or two on his coaching staff.  

LaPo most definitely deserved to get canned, he was god awful and for a guru of offenses he was downright pathetic.     

Berry deserved another shot,  I think it would of benefited him having another guy or two on his coaching staff.  

So then, what about our defensive guru, Tim Burke? He's been nothing but pathetic since he was hired as Hc.

Ritchie

Berry

Lapo

Kelly

Burke

Daly

Lapo got us to a grey cup and was plagued with injuries at the beginning of 2012. Then, just as the guys were coming back from injury and they started succeeding, Mack fired him like the tool he was. I'm not saying he was a great coach, but I think he was pretty decent.

So then, what about our defensive guru, Tim Burke? He's been nothing but pathetic since he was hired as Hc.

I agree completely,  it was a poor choice giving him the reigns after really showing not that much last season. 

Perhaps things may have been vastly different if they hired Cortez to completely run the offense?

LaPo didn't deserve to get canned. Neither did Berry, especially Berry.

I dunno.. he was the fall guy.. But i think it pretty obvious that now that lapo was not the issues.. the team has continued to struggle to win games.. offence is the same ****.. Player movements to upgrade or address our offensive woes are non-existent.  It appears the the players are a main part of the issue and an inexperienced OC is making things worse.

What do you guys think of Burke's comments he wants to bring in an outside consultant to review the way they are coaching the team? When I heard that yesterday, I have to admit I was shocked as that means Burke & his staff have no idea how to solve what's going on. So, is that a sign of weakness or a sign of strength to admit you have no answers? I've always thought football coaches can sit down, analyze the problem(s) & take action to solve it. This is the one sport I thought that coaches excell at doing.... Because they watch video all day long.

For me, I've almost zero confidence Burke can build a winner.

What do you guys think of Burke's comments he wants to bring in an outside consultant to review the way they are coaching the team? When I heard that yesterday, I have to admit I was shocked as that means Burke & his staff have no idea how to solve what's going on. So, is that a sign of weakness or a sign of strength to admit you have no answers? I've always thought football coaches can sit down, analyze the problem(s) & take action to solve it. This is the one sport I thought that coaches excell at doing.... Because they watch video all day long.

For me, I've almost zero confidence Burke can build a winner.

did he really say that? if so it's a good move. Being able to know when you need help is a big part of being successful I think. And really I don't think it's about admitting that they have no clue so much as they want an outsider to help determine if the problem is with the way the players are prepared or if the players simply aren't good enough. If he's willing do get an outside perspective maybe there's hope that Burke can turn himself into a better coach with some time and experience. One of Mike Kellys biggest flaws was that he refused to admit that anything he did might have been the problem. If Burke is willing to say "gee maybe the problem is me" then there's hope that he can learn from that. 

It is also possible, if what he said is true,  that this is not Burke's idea at all, that it is simply being forced on him, because he doesn't have a clue, and they can't fire him right now because they signed him to the extension.

I have little faith that Burke is capable of learning enough to be an excellent head coach. A defensive coach who admits he know nothing about offences, when he was supposedly designing defences to stop what the offence was doing...is telling. To say nothing of bad decisions, poor personnel decisions, and someone who just says the first thought that pops into his head.

It is also possible, if what he said is true,  that this is not Burke's idea at all, that it is simply being forced on him, because he doesn't have a clue, and they can't fire him right now because they signed him to the extension.

I have little faith that Burke is capable of learning enough to be an excellent head coach. A defensive coach who admits he know nothing about offences, when he was supposedly designing defences to stop what the offence was doing...is telling. To say nothing of bad decisions, poor personnel decisions, and someone who just says the first thought that pops into his head.

I never heard of a defensive coordinator who knows nothing about offenses at the pro level. That was a shocking statement he made. Damned right we should be concerned.

I almost understood that.

Stupid iPad keyboard... So used to my z10 not screwing it up.

Mack wouldn't bring in someone that is capable of being his replacement I don't think. The coaches, if what Burke said was true, are the ones that need help. My guess is its the offense.

What Coaches or gms for that matter are a) available and not currently under contract and B) have enough cfl experience to make and immediate difference?

If there is going to be a coaching or GM change then they need to do it in the offseason when they can promote someone from a lower position on another club like dickenson (or whomever)

I really wish we could get someone like bouno or huffer in to finally straighten out or ******* club.