Best Coaches Since 2000

Snowboy

Stupid iPad keyboard... So used to my z10 not screwing it up.

Mack wouldn't bring in someone that is capable of being his replacement I don't think. The coaches, if what Burke said was true, are the ones that need help. My guess is its the offense.

What Coaches or gms for that matter are a) available and not currently under contract and B) have enough cfl experience to make and immediate difference?

If there is going to be a coaching or GM change then they need to do it in the offseason when they can promote someone from a lower position on another club like dickenson (or whomever)

I really wish we could get someone like bouno or huffer in to finally straighten out or ******* club.

Higgins...TOM HIGGINS.

I still say Berry single handedly wrecked Glenn in 2008 and then tried to do the same for Durant in 2010. Any coach who has an Eastern MOP babies him and makes sure he's happy. Berry said call your own plays and I don't care if you like it or not. That's just lazy and stubborn.

At least Berry had the balls to bench Glenn for Dinwiddie. Could you imagine Burke sitting a HEALTHY Buck in favor of Goltz?

did he really say that? if so it's a good move. Being able to know when you need help is a big part of being successful I think. And really I don't think it's about admitting that they have no clue so much as they want an outsider to help determine if the problem is with the way the players are prepared or if the players simply aren't good enough. If he's willing do get an outside perspective maybe there's hope that Burke can turn himself into a better coach with some time and experience. One of Mike Kellys biggest flaws was that he refused to admit that anything he did might have been the problem. If Burke is willing to say "gee maybe the problem is me" then there's hope that he can learn from that. 

SOmetimes the best solution is to get the opinion  from someone on the outside looking in.  No biased opinion, just calling it like it is.

SOmetimes the best solution is to get the opinion  from someone on the outside looking in.  No biased opinion, just calling it like it is.

it happens in the business world all the time, it's a good way to take egos and internal finger pointing out of the picture. Just get someone to come in from outside and ask them "so what's the problem?"

it happens in the business world all the time, it's a good way to take egos and internal finger pointing out of the picture. Just get someone to come in from outside and ask them "so what's the problem?"

It also helps to have someone on the outside reinforce and validate the things you're doing right, as well. We get consultants come through my office all the time. Never a bad idea to get a fresh set of eyes.