Main Camp Day 7 Report

I'm here right now:

Bob Wylie is here, which is interesting because I thought he had coaching clinics most weekends. Pencer and January both back practicing today.

Brohm looking better today.

Again it seems like the starting OL has 3 imports with January, Knapp and Jones, with January and center and Greaves at LG. Looks like Neufeld and Goossen both practicing with the second team.

Nick Moore catching everything today.

Paris Cotton is FAST.

Marty Market missing a lot of assignments today. Etch in his ear lots.

Graig Newman looks to be playing one of the outside LB spots.

Dan Knapp is a physical freak. Some players were running half field sprints and Knapp destroyed them all. His upper body is insanely huge and all muscle.

Hajiralahu and Maher both looked good today but Maher isn't separating himself so we will be going with Liram and Renaud this season for sure.

3 import OL again...  interesting - don't see how Bombers can make that work but who knows this year

Is Graig Newman practicing or injured?  And is he still slotted at MLB or are they moving him around?

And somebody tell me that Desia Dunn is looking super impressive... please.

Interested to see how the QBs look in a game.  The one big practice I saw, Willy was good but the others were poor.

For the most part the further along they go the better they look. The last few days it has been Max Hall looking good, along with Willy and Marve. Still not sold on Brohm although he certainly has the tools. Anxious as all to see them in game conditions.

3 import OL again...  interesting - don't see how Bombers can make that work but who knows this year

Is Graig Newman practicing or injured?  And is he still slotted at MLB or are they moving him around?

And somebody tell me that Desia Dunn is looking super impressive... please.

I can't see us going with three imports. More likely they put them together to make it easier to determine which ones are worth starting (better to evaluate them when they are all playing at the same time is it not?). Max we'll go with is two, ideally one but we don't have that depth. If we do three, we're doomed this year (though tbh I think we're doomed again this year anyway - I just hope we finish ahead of Ottawa but if I were to bet I'd take the REDBLACKS).

Love what Max Hall has to say about their offensive scheme….

"I don't want to say too much, but it'll be fast, it'll be exciting to watch. Very aggressive.

Teams last year just started blitzing us, zero-blitzing us a bunch.

I dare them to try and do that this year. 

We have some good stuff in, and we're going to be throwing the ball downfield.

3 stars of the day -

Max Hall - had a second straight strong day, attracting Mike O'Shea's eye with his quick decisions and accuracy.

Aaron Woods - diminutive slotback and kick returner was very noticeable, particularly as a receiver.

Lirim  Hajrullahu - showed off his leg, easily making a 47 yard FG into the wind (would have been good from 60) and sending a kickoff deep over Woods head and into the end zone.

Catch of the day -

Brett Carter made a juggling grab of a Marve throw over the middle, with a defender draped all over him during the early practice.

Well, what do you know, a sports report.

Who knew?

Wpg. Sun….Paul Friesen.

Love what Max Hall has to say about their offensive scheme….

"I don't want to say too much, but it'll be fast, it'll be exciting to watch. Very aggressive.

Teams last year just started blitzing us, zero-blitzing us a bunch.

I dare them to try and do that this year. 

We have some good stuff in, and we're going to be throwing the ball downfield.

3 stars of the day -

Max Hall - had a second straight strong day, attracting Mike O'Shea's eye with his quick decisions and accuracy.

Aaron Woods - diminutive slotback and kick returner was very noticeable, particularly as a receiver.

Lirim  Hajrullahu - showed off his leg, easily making a 47 yard FG into the wind (would have been good from 60) and sending a kickoff deep over Woods head and into the end zone.

Catch of the day -

Brett Carter made a juggling grab of a Marve throw over the middle, with a defender draped all over him during the early practice.

Well, what do you know, a sports report.

Who knew?

Wpg. Sun….Paul Friesen.

I thought the same thing when I read it...a football article instead of a shock piece...the comment about Woods is definitely true...he catches virtually everything thrown to him with his hands coming out of the backfield...sure hope they use him like that.

Dan Knapp is a physical freak. Some players were running half field sprints and Knapp destroyed them all. His upper body is insanely huge and all muscle.

At the end of practice, the O-line were doing their now regular gassers. Today the Quarterbacks joined in. Drew Willy is our fastest QB but he only managed to beat Knapp by a nose. :o

Another point. I thought I noticed Volney getting a lot of reps today. This might be a way of getting an extra import receiver in on obvious passing downs.

its day 7, lets not look to far in to who is getting reps where, it's all irrelevant, its likely if that game goes ahead monday that there will be several cuts afterwards, the who the oline, how the ratio works out will sort itself out over the next few weeks, i'll go on record tho here, no chance in heck we start 3 import oline. NOt a chance.