The TV Thread

9 minutes ago, Jimmy Pop said:

Me too! Super fascinating topic & that period in time really entices me, entertainment-wise.  I'm only 3 episodes in, but I think at least some of what you mention comes up.  Hitler is still alive and is actually a key figure keeping peace; and his soon-to-happen death has other characters thinking a Germany/Japan war for entire control of "America" is just a matter of time.  

I watch most of my TV on XBMC (now Kodi) installed on my laptop.

Is Amazon streaming available in Canada?  And what is XBMC...is it an "illegal" stream?  Basically, I want to watch everything on my TV.  How do I do that?

3 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Is Amazon streaming available in Canada?  And what is XBMC...is it an "illegal" stream?  Basically, I want to watch everything on my TV.  How do I do that?

I have a kodi box and love it. It's basically like a  jail broken apple TV.  But it comes that way straight out of the box. I recently cut my cable down to basic. Stream everything else

lol its easy enough,  as to your illegal question,  my 11 year old asked me last weekend if it was too because they do show cam uploads from theaters..ect  my explanation to him was, it's illegal to download movies and redistributing them without consent of the film company,  this however is not downloading,  its streaming like youtube. you are not able to obtain your own file of the torrent to burn, your basically just watching what someone with a physical copy uploaded. 

I believe that was the issue with all those file sharing programs like Napster,. Kazaa..ect people actually had to download their own copy of the files and some exploited it for monetary gain

Edited by Taynted_Fayth

3 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Did you know it's not legal to watch/listen to youtube videos with copyrighted music?  

Nearly anything on youtube could be considered illegal to watch. 

Im the right age to remember the uproar over file sharing and whatnot.  So many bands and labels didnt get it.  In Canada we pay a premium for storage (blank CD's etc) that is meant to off-set any loss from people copying music.  What drives me crazy is uploading a video clip to youtube and having the music scrubbed out due to a copyright claim (GNR was awful for this, not sure if they still are). 

Watched the 2 X-Files shows.  You know, I thought I was going to be irritated with this show because near the end it was just losing it's luster with me, but listening to the beginning brought back memories and the show is actually really good.  Heck, it almost feels real.

I enjoyed early Xfiles back in it's original run,  I definitely wasnt hardcore and could take it or leave it,  especially towards the later seasons, but yeah that 2 part reboot was pretty good. I just hope the rest of the season doesnt start to fade like alot of shows tend to do lately,  put all the effort into the launch then fizzle off as it goes. 

X-Files collapsed under the weight of its own mythology.  Although when they brought in Robert Patrick it was sort of a resurgence for me.  He's tremendous.  Would love to see him cameo on the new season.  They seem to have got back to basics but also they flat out explained the Alien conspiracy and everything that the previous 9 seasons taught us so there isnt that same "weight" of "what is true/what isnt true" that permeated the original.

Its really good.  Plus, that theme.  The exact same opening, not even updated with the older actors, I love it.  it really says "this is season 10" not a re-boot. 

Investigation Discovery's Steven Avery : Innocent or Guilty

Torrent link

SD: magnet:?xt=urn:btih:80072108AB5E9BECAD8136E9DD73A69A553A3A97&dn=investigation+discovery+steven+avery+innocent+or+guilty+hdtv+x264+w4f+rartv&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.publicbt.com%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fglotorrents.pw%3A6969%2Fannounce

HD: magnet:?xt=urn:btih:23214763632C6A7FEC676F5B292E913F3D5B5100&dn=investigation+discovery+steven+avery+innocent+or+guilty+720p+hdtv+x264+w4f+rartv&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.publicbt.com%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fglotorrents.pw%3A6969%2Fannounce

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

Regarding "Making A Murderer" subject Steven Avery, he has new lawyers working on getting a new trial and they've released some interesting information.

• ody was not burned in burn pit bc heat would have burned down Avery's garage. A lot of junk science at the junkyard."
  • "Culprit had to remove his own DNA from key so TH's removed in process. Rub key on Avery's clothes for skin cells. Presto."
  • "The 22 removed from garage did not exit TH's head. State expert failed to testify bullet exited -- that 22 driven to scene."

Also, the former Prosecutor (who was chased from office after a sex scandal) apparently mailed Avery imploring him to work with him (the prosecutor) on a book where Avery would confess.  That guy is a dink.

Anyone else check out American Crime Story last night?  i thought it was tremendous.  I highly recommend the book its based on (Run of His Life), which I've read 2-3 times as its such a fascinating case.  I imagine the producers are quite happy the whole Making a Murderer thing exploded as these are two sides of the same coin in some respects.

OJ was a rich and powerful guy who got away with murder after accusing the cops of planting evidence they didnt plant.  Steve Avery was a poor and uneducated hick who was convicted of a murder he didnt commit after accusing the cops of planting evidence that they actually did plant.  Amazing.

I hope they intend to keep American Crime Story going.  So much great material out there.  Scott Peterson.  Jon Bonet.  Steve Avery.  There's three seasons right there.  I'd love to see the Peterson case get the season long treatment.  That's another fascinating case with an interesting suspect.

EDIT: Looks like a second season is already planned:

The Hollywood Reporter reveals in this week’s cover story that the second installment will center on Hurricane Katrina and its devastating aftermath. The working plan, according to Murphy, is to follow a group of six to eight people in an attempt to examine all sides of the tragedy, from the Superdome to the hospital to those who were put on buses and dropped off with babies who were forced to wear trash bags for multiple days.

"I want this show to be a socially conscious, socially aware examination of different types of crime around the world," he said. "And in my opinion, Katrina was a f—ing crime — a crime against a lot of people who didn’t have a strong voice and we’re going to treat it as a crime. That’s what this show is all about."

Edited by The Unknown Poster

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Is it true I cant watch HULU in Canada?

They are launching a cool series I want to see based on Stephen King's book  11-22-63.  But apparently, Hulu is not available in Canada.  Morons.  Does Hulu release its series on DVD after the fact?

Kodi has....everything.