The TV Thread

Gotham has great camera/lighting/cinematography, sets, costumes, characters, actors,

very creepy characters, who I find quite realistic, (Gordon's ex fiance gave me the full willies.... good actress)

really good program but hard to watch due to extreme violence.

Penguin... total lunatic. well portrayed.

Gordon's partner is outstanding, so is the actor playing Gordon, who is just a smidge on the right side of sane himself. (character)

Gordon's girl friend... actress Morena Bacarin, played the leader of the aliens in "V" a few years ago. which was also a good program.

Agreed. The girlfriend has a tough time with some of the graphic violence in this. It can definitely be dark sometimes. Have been a big Donal Logue (Bullock) fan since his arc started on Law and Order: SVU and Ben McKenzie since the OC days. Both really great actors. The kid playing Cobblepot should be getting Emmy nom's....he's been outstanding from Day 1.

I love Logue.  I remember first seeing him in Blade back in the 90's.

I was going to give him **** for knowing the guy from Law and Order... **** sakes he was in Blade and that's the only place people are allowed to have seen him first. 

SPOILERS for The Walking Dead fans but they finally resolved Glen's fate.  And I was surprised it was basically what most people had predicted.  That's usually a bad thing but in this case it was a great thing.  Good episode.  But is anyone else feeling a sort of "oh ofcourse that happens" vibe whenever something bad happens just as they are seemingly safe?  Becoming a bit formulaic

Spoiler to walking dead

I think its good they lost alexandria, I think rick n co are going to go batshit crazy yet again losing a "normal life". Im a little surprised they havent tried to capture another prison, that was their best n longest stable situation.

Im not sure its lost yet.  if I understand what is coming, they will remain there.  Just need to get all the zombies out.  I assume Daryl et al save the day.

When i first started watching it I said 'if it was me, I'd go find a gated community somewhere' so I was happy to see Alexandria even if it just happened to still have running water, heat, AC etc.

Being surrounded 20 deep n the crash of the tower luring them all the walkers to the breach should f*** tem up. Other then ricks party these ppl dont know how to fight and are easily broken. I think theyll come under fire from that military like group lead by Jeffery dean morgan in the april episode (after the mid season hiatus) and daryl, glenn, abraham n sasha will be the saving force from behind

Marvel's Jessica Jones is looking pretty good.  Seems darker then Daredevil, but I'm only 2 shows in so far.

I liked Daredevil (liked the actor from Boardwalk Empire) but havent been too compelled to watch.  Not a huge Marvel TV fan.  But Ill try to check it out.

I wish CBS had gone the Netflix route with Star Trek rather than their own streaming service.

That first ep of Jessica Jones was........dark. It was not an "easy watching" show. Will probably watch the 2nd and see where it goes, but man, that was a tough first ep...just how dark and edgy it was....especially the ending.

If you thought that was dark wait till you see the second one. The end was hard for me to watch. It almost felt like the took it too far, but they're showing how evil he really is.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still excited for the show but I'm probably more excited that the next book is almost ready.  The flip side of that is that it means the anticipation for the "final" book starts, which is who knows how many years away.   I say "final" book because Martin has admitted he might go past the planned 7th book.