The TV Thread

On 16/02/2016 at 3:50 PM, The Unknown Poster said:

An exact date has been set for Norman Reedus last day on The Walking Dead. The date is April 1st…April Fools!

If Norman Reedus were really leaving, I wouldn’t be writing this, I’d be in the corner crying.

i wouldnt be surprised to start seeing a lot more of the main cast start dying off.  as popular as TWD is after 6 seasons, they've kinda explored every aspect of post apocalyptic life including 2 separate "towns" they've lived comfortably in for a spell (if you wanna consider the prison one).

IMHO Fear the walking dead has a whole lot more upside and possibilities to it because the moment the outbreak happens and how the world first reacts to it sweeping over.  sooo many possibilities of initial survival attempts to be had.  that might be where the writers start focusing their minds after this season or next

1 hour ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

i wouldnt be surprised to start seeing a lot more of the main cast start dying off.  as popular as TWD is after 6 seasons, they've kinda explored every aspect of post apocalyptic life including 2 separate "towns" they've lived comfortably in for a spell (if you wanna consider the prison one).

IMHO Fear the walking dead has a whole lot more upside and possibilities to it because the moment the outbreak happens and how the world first reacts to it sweeping over.  sooo many possibilities of initial survival attempts to be had.  that might be where the writers start focusing their minds after this season or next

I read it as a joke. 

Not impressed with Fear TWD. Hopefully it improves. Just seemed like a pale imitation of the original without showing us anything new. 

3 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

FTWD is just bad tv so far to me. In half a season of eps they are full on into Zombieville.

Yes this is my issue.  I was really looking forward to seeing a slow development and a dissent into chaos.  I wanted to see more of the fight against the virus and how it impacted the government.  Instead, things escalated rather quickly and its basically the first season of TWD now.  They promised to show us something new but didnt.

I watched like, 10 minutes with my wife and felt like gagging.  I didn't laugh once and it made me sad to see how fat Bob Saget got, not to mention he doesn't seem to even be able to speak properly during some of his lines.  Although John Stamos and Lori Laughlin looked like they barely aged.  And Candice Cameron is hot, but not enough to keep my attention to actually watch this..."show".  All the reviews I've read state that the show isn't very good, but I'm sure the regular viewer won't have the same verdict.  My wife insists on watching and I don't know why, considering that I barely ever hear her laugh.  But hey, if you're enjoying it, all the power to you.

Edited by Logan007

I would honestly say try to stomach or even skip the first 2 episodes, the show does get better from ep 3 and on,  as it's more strictly focused on DJ, Stephanie and Kimmy (the new Danny, Jesse and Joey. )  the kick off to the show was pretty lame as it was more of a hey we're back, remember us!? but as it gets past that it gets better, like worlds better in that regard.  The humor with it all is pretty up to date, and more mature when it involves just the adults, but even at times with the kids, one example is DJ's oldest kid in one episode says he was exhausted from being up all night erupting his volcano... and when he actually pulls out a model volcano, steph is like Oh I thought you meant you were... nevermind

Dont be mistaken though, its got plenty of cheese and most scenes with the kids are family channel worthy, but its still alot better then the original full house imo

Edited by Taynted_Fayth

Only saw episode 1 but ill try the others. So far the chokes are awful and wedged into the story with the grace of a jackhammer. But the cast is so charming. 

and as far as child actors go, DJ, Steph and Kimmy all turned out really attractive and pretty decent actors. 

I agree Bob Saget is the most disappointing. I don't care that he's paunchy, he is 55 years old of whatever but he seems like he forgot how to act. Years of doing stand up I guess. And seemed to have a perpetual grin on his face. 

I hate the launch track. Lame joke = uproarious laughter. But I realise that was the thing back then 

ive actially heard there is more backlash due to sexual innuendo and adult jokes. People complaining they can't watch it with their kids. 

6 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Only saw episode 1 but ill try the others. So far the chokes are awful and wedged into the story with the grace of a jackhammer. But the cast is so charming. 

and as far as child actors go, DJ, Steph and Kimmy all turned out really attractive and pretty decent actors. 

I agree Bob Saget is the most disappointing. I don't care that he's paunchy, he is 55 years old of whatever but he seems like he forgot how to act. Years of doing stand up I guess. And seemed to have a perpetual grin on his face. 

I hate the launch track. Lame joke = uproarious laughter. But I realise that was the thing back then 

ive actially heard there is more backlash due to sexual innuendo and adult jokes. People complaining they can't watch it with their kids. 

Well if you saw the TV movie then Saget has not changed.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

I keep wondering how the hell Macy Gray keeps getting spot appearances in tv and movies.  was watching training day the other day for the millionth time, and she was in that,  spider man,  fuller house...  shes a good singer, i suppose even though i find her voice irritating, but man for a 1 hit wonder she sure has some good contacts to keep her career alive out there

Training Day was the height of her fame, wasnt it?  And I think Fuller House is sort of retro.

Since its on Netflix perhaps they can get more adult.  Like they go out drinking and Stephanie wakes up in bed with a naked Kimmy and they spend the episode trying to figure out if they had sex.  The life lesson that DJ imparts on her sister is not to drink that much and even though they didnt do it, Steph admits if she did like girls, Kimmy would be pretty cool at which time Kimmy plants a passionate kiss on her and says 'hey, you never know'.  Fade to black.