Replacement players opinions?

Jpan85

Would you care if replacement players played?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Would you attend/watch Bomber games with replacement players

• Yes
    • No

i voted yes cuz i've never ever cared for the names on the back of the jersey, they all come and go really... i just care about the logo on the front really.

football is football. If replacement players are brought in (i honestly don't think it will come to that), i will definitely go and watch games.

Listen, i've got my fav players, we all do but... you know what, milt stegall was my fav bomber of all time, he is no longer playing but i still love the winnipeg blue bombers.

Dont care if its milt stegall out there tho or bob smith, dont care if its drew willy or willy drew. dont care if its will ford or kevin smith, dont care who is playing, will support the winnipeg blue bombers regardless of what the names on the back of the jerseys are.

I'd watch it, but I also care about the players.  Sure, before Milt was a famous receiver we didn't know him, but after we did, I wouldn't not want to see him play.  Players like that are exciting to watch and it makes you want to root for them.  Same with Khari.  Remember when his face was all over the bus's in Winnipeg.  It was awesome PR cause he was a great football player and a really likable guy.  I like seeing guys I know are Bombers, go out there and kick ass as well as get out into the community.  Sure the names on the backs of the jersey change as time changes, but for a few years in a row I like to chant a name and be excited to see him come out to play.

Imports would be easy to replace but Canadians would be a lot tougher to find. Personally I think that the new salary cap should see a pay hike for canadian players only since they are in the shortest supply. It would be attractive for premiere NI talent salaries to be on par with NFL practice roster salaries minimum so we don't lose our best homegrown drafted players to the NFL.

Maybe 1 premiere NI for each team that is exempt from SMS?

I would be okay with it under the following conditions:

- The CFL made a reasonable offer and reasonable effort to negotiate

- The PA is being unreasonable

- Replacement players are a means to an end (ie. forcing the PA to capitulate)

- Anyone crossing the picket line is not subject to harrassment by PA members afterwards

The League could get really dirty if they wanted to.  How about a $50,000 signing bonus?  How would that impact "solidarity"?

There would be a lot fewer saying yes after the first game. I would have zero interest in it.

Could it really be that worse than what we're used to in Winnipeg?

I think in this case, you'd have to watch 2 teams that suck instead of just one.  But maybe evening that out might make it appear to be good.

There would be a lot fewer saying yes after the first game. I would have zero interest in it.

Could it really be that worse than what we're used to in Winnipeg?

Yes, a lot worse. Like I said, you want ex Rifles & Bison players not good enough to be in the CFL putting on the uniform? I don't. I'm not pro union but the CFL can go shove it at that point. 

No way the CFL can do replacement players and keep the NI rule so the drop in talent wouldn't be very much at all.  In fact there would be a general rise in talent as most of the NI players aren't as good as the import replacements would be. 

They brought up a good point on TSN 1290 this morning.  They don't believe the Canadian labor laws would allow them to bring Americans in to fill Canadian jobs.  So to have replacement players they would all have to be Canadian.  I'm not sure if this is true or not just repeating what they said this morning.