Replacement players opinions?

Jpan85

Would you care if replacement players played?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Would you attend/watch Bomber games with replacement players

• Yes
    • No

I'm not a labour law expert by any means but I always thought you could bring in employees from other countries if you can prove that the need is there and the local expertise is not sufficient.

If this were true how could we have any imports at all? There are Canadian players available, they are just not at the same talent or expertise level of their American counter parts.

I don't see it happening as there would not be enough time to field a team. Training camp and preseason are too short as it is, never mind teach a whole new team the Canadian rules. I would just become an even bigger Bison and Rifle fan. All these friggin professional sports labour disagreements really piss me off. A strike will ultimately become a lose/lose/lose situation. Kinda reminds me of my divorce. In the end the kids (or fans) feel it the most. Us fans will pay with higher ticket and canteen prices.

Nobody will benefit from a strike/lockout. The fans get po'd, management loses at the gate and the players never recover lost wages. I hope we can get both sides together and hammer out a deal that will be acceptable to both sides. The alternative is not pretty and the league as a whole will suffer. Saner heads must prevail. As far as replacement players go. That will never end well.

They brought up a good point on TSN 1290 this morning.  They don't believe the Canadian labor laws would allow them to bring Americans in to fill Canadian jobs.  So to have replacement players they would all have to be Canadian.  I'm not sure if this is true or not just repeating what they said this morning.

I don't believe that this is correct.   The NBA operates in Canada with no Canadian content requirement, as does MLB, and the NHL.

Replacement players... Would that mean we would be free to sign Joey Elliott, Justin Goltz and Chase Clement?

Don't forget about Boltus! He'll be our starting QB.

I suspect that Desjardins would out manoeuvre us for Mr. Boltus.

Replacement players... Would that mean we would be free to sign Joey Elliott, Justin Goltz and Chase Clement?

Don't forget about Boltus! He'll be our starting QB.

I suspect that Desjardins would out manoeuvre us for Mr. Boltus.

True. He'd probably offer Boltus $450k per season plus bonuses.