Season ticket sales down 12-13%

Yep that Boltus game was an all time low point for the Bomber franchise. Bringing Boltus in is one of my only concerns with Bellefeuille...what was he thinking?

My thoughts, too. TJ Rubley would have been a better choice.

This is a non-story in my opinion.  Generally the people that don't re-new are those likely more influenced by things like a terrible season, or alternatively, were more likely to buy season tickets for the first year of a stadium.

I think the fact that there is an 87-88% retention rate is the story here. Not 12-13% of the ST base not renewing. When it's put that way, doesn't look so bad does it? Thanks for nuthin' Lawless. 

This is a non-story in my opinion.  Generally the people that don't re-new are those likely more influenced by things like a terrible season, or alternatively, were more likely to buy season tickets for the first year of a stadium.

I think the fact that there is an 87-88% retention rate is the story here. Not 12-13% of the ST base not renewing. When it's put that way, doesn't look so bad does it? Thanks for nuthin' Lawless. 

Actually, I kinda agree with iso. 88% retention is amazing given all the problems with transportation, facility, concessions and of course, performance. If they can get anywhere near 90% that will be a miracle.

If the team starts to fly a bit - (doubtful but always possible) they could easily get big walkups in droves. 

The idea of getting more money for a walkup ticket is also valid but remember, if you're at 21,000 there's up to 12,500 walkups available for every game (some obviously eaten up by flex paks and pre-buys for events like Banjo and other rider visit)

Actually, I kinda agree with iso. 88% retention is amazing given all the problems with transportation, facility, concessions and of course, performance. If they can get anywhere near 90% that will be a miracle.

If the team starts to fly a bit - (doubtful but always possible) they could easily get big walkups in droves. 

The idea of getting more money for a walkup ticket is also valid but remember, if you're at 21,000 there's up to 12,500 walkups available for every game (some obviously eaten up by flex paks and pre-buys for events like Banjo and other rider visit)

The potential for this team attendance & marketing wise is actually quite amazing, Nate. But they have to get their act together as an organization....

The potential for this team attendance & marketing wise is actually quite amazing, Nate. But they have to get their act together as an organization....

Its hard to get your act together when the entire board and team management always seem to be operating at Defcon 4....they treat media probes and circumspect fans as if they're hostile threats. More about identifying threats than getting a stadium ready for 10 football games and training camp plus assembling a roster. I sense their was probably many a tremor when O'Shea did his first overall assessment of the team and the report simply read - 

"Where did you find some of these guys?" If the roster is that suspect then another 3-15 season looms. Certainly no better than 5-13. O'Shea can only do so much!

given all the problems with transportation, facility, concessions and of course, performance

So what part of the transportation is giving you the most trouble? 

What in your opinion is wrong with the facility and concessions? I mean you go to the games right so you have all kinds of first hand knowledge of these things right?

Season tickets are a blessing and a curse.  Season tickets are discounted up to 35%, regular tickets are not. 

We have two guaranteed sell outs this year (Riders #1 and Banjo Bowl), so 7 games left.   If the team plays well and the walk up crowds are big, the club potentially can make 30% more money on those 4000 seats.

I'd be surprised if the home opener doesn't sell out too.

Ottawa's first ever regular season game is here too, could draw a sellout.

Does anyone know the discount that flex packs offer? I would imagine its not as much as season tickets.

Traffic/transit concerns on day 1 set aside, my sole issue with the stadium was with the concessions.

There was never really any way to tell where the line started, or how many lines there were on the go, unless you were at a place like Schwarma Khan or the Mini-Donuts where they had ropes in place. Then when you finally placed your order, you weren't given an order number or receipt or anything like that... you were simply asked to go stand to the side with a throng of other hungry impatient people. As orders came up, the first people to get served were whoever was the pushiest/most bastardy. The concession employees would just take your word that the food you grabbed out of their hands was the food you paid for... I bet there were plenty of people walking away with someone else's food. Honestly, it couldn't get much worse. I wish I could say it only happened once.

Fortunately, several times through the offseason the Bombers called me directly, and I was able to pass this feedback along to an actual human being rather than a suggestion box. We'll soon see if there is any improvement this year.

Yep that Boltus game was an all time low point for the Bomber franchise. Bringing Boltus in is one of my only concerns with Bellefeuille...what was he thinking?

The 2009 Banjo Bowl was the worst thing I've ever seen as a Bomber fan. The Boltus game would be #2. As least with the Boltus game we didn't have to watch thousands of the other teams fans mock us in our own stadium.

The 2009 Banjo Bowl was the worst thing I've ever seen as a Bomber fan. The Boltus game would be #2. As least with the Boltus game we didn't have to watch thousands of the other teams fans mock us in our own stadium.

It got even worse when the Sasquatches around us actually started feeling sorry for us and eventually eased up on us. Instead, they started to share their own Michael Bishop facepalm moments. It was a sad sad day. 

Labour day 2012 wins.

Labour day 2012 wins.

ugh. I remember leaving that game in the early 4th quarter and walking through the mall on the way back to the hotel.

It's a good thing I was too hammered to feel pain.

Labour day 2012 wins.

Not a chance. It was a tough way to lose, but at least we were in the game the entire time and had something to cheer for. That game only sucked for the last two minutes.

Labour day 2012 wins.

Not a chance. It was a tough way to lose, but at least we were in the game the entire time and had something to cheer for. That game only sucked for the last two minutes.
52-0 sucked for the whole game. Especially when you're surrounded by green.

It got even worse when the Sasquatches around us actually started feeling sorry for us and eventually eased up on us. Instead, they started to share their own Michael Bishop facepalm moments. It was a sad sad day. 

Word of the day.

I propose to add a k and make it truly their identity.  Saskuatches.

Losing 52-0 in the last pre season game last year vs Hamilton in Guelph. Yep, you could see Burke prepping his team for a lot more of that in 2013. Think O'Shea will leave his veteran players at home this pre season to get pillaged on the road because hell be worrying about injuries? Not bloody likely.

Losing 52-0 in the last pre season game last year vs Hamilton in Guelph. Yep, you could see Burke prepping his team for a lot more of that in 2013. Think O'Shea will leave his veteran players at home this pre season to get pillaged on the road because hell be worrying about injuries? Not bloody likely.

Looking back to that game, it certainly was a precursor to the kind of HCoaching we were going to see all season long.

The absolute worst part for me, was that through thick and thin (way more thin) there was no apparent learning in any way, shape or form all…year…long.

Fortunately, several times through the offseason the Bombers called me directly, and I was able to pass this feedback along to an actual human being rather than a suggestion box. We'll soon see if there is any improvement this year.

Jim Bell gave me a call.  

The Boltus game was pure entertainment.

How did it go again?

Fumbled snap, sack, interception, fumbled snap, sack, sack ... didn't he throw it backwards at one point?

Someone should make a highlight video of this with the Benny Hill music :)