Bombers sign QB Robert Marve (unannounced)

Mike

I'm so excited for Robert to get this opportunity and I will not pretend to know a whole heck of a lot about the CFL but believe I will soon. Robert has a cannon for an arm and he is a fierce competitor. Don't believe the negative publicity surrounding his time at the U. Trust me when I say that...there are two sides to every story and I'll leave it at that. Winnipeg football fans....get ready for some zip on that ball and some long and accurate passes down the field.This is going to be fun. Please believe it.

Guess I'll be "that guy"...... Umm welcome to the board. How is it you know of Rob and why do you feel he will have a great CFL career?

I'm so excited for Robert to get this opportunity and I will not pretend to know a whole heck of a lot about the CFL but believe I will soon. Robert has a cannon for an arm and he is a fierce competitor. Don't believe the negative publicity surrounding his time at the U. Trust me when I say that...there are two sides to every story and I'll leave it at that. Winnipeg football fans....get ready for some zip on that ball and some long and accurate passes down the field.This is going to be fun. Please believe it. 

Dad?

Lol...naw. I have watched him grow up though and you guys are really in for a treat. 

If you watch really carefully you can see he favours his left knee ever so slightly on the rollout sprint. If you didn't know he'd injured it, his guarding of that joint would be unnoticeable. It shouldn't be a problem since he plants with his right leg. I actually like this kid's mechanics. Good foot speed. Good accurate arm. Looking forward to seeing him on the clock and under fire. 

If you watch really carefully you can see he favours his left knee ever so slightly on the rollout sprint. If you didn't know he'd injured it, his guarding of that joint would be unnoticeable. It shouldn't be a problem since he plants with his right leg. I actually like this kid's mechanics. Good foot speed. Good accurate arm. Looking forward to seeing him on the clock and under fire. 

Yes, good mechanics and lotsa zip on the ball, but I'm more interested in that receiver- he had no problem getting open and he caught every ball....

If you watch really carefully you can see he favours his left knee ever so slightly on the rollout sprint. If you didn't know he'd injured it, his guarding of that joint would be unnoticeable. It shouldn't be a problem since he plants with his right leg. I actually like this kid's mechanics. Good foot speed. Good accurate arm. Looking forward to seeing him on the clock and under fire. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkCrF65Lt0M

Couple nice 55 yard tosses. Haven't seen that around these parts in awhile. Unless of course it was against us...... Sure he has no pads on or a LB chasing him down but looks to be a good camp prospect.

Tons of qbs with all sorts of tools come through the CFL and leave quietly. Until he does something in training camp or preseason there's no reason to get worked up. 

....but it's the offseason and he's one of the many that are signed who we can watch videos of and speculate on.  I'll get as worked up as I please.  -_-

Guess I'll be "that guy"...... Umm welcome to the board. How is it you know of Rob and why do you feel he will have a great CFL career?

Thanks for the welcome. I've known Robert since he was in middle school. Extended family...brother in law. He's a good kid and is so very focused and talented. I won't pretend to know much about the CFL rules and the game in general but from what I've seen, it's a pass oriented league and the QB should have a strong arm and good mobility which are both strengths for Robert. How's the Offensive line in Winnipeg? Receivers? RB's? 

Thanks for the welcome. I've known Robert since he was in middle school. Extended family...brother in law. He's a good kid and is so very focused and talented. I won't pretend to know much about the CFL rules and the game in general but from what I've seen, it's a pass oriented league and the QB should have a strong arm and good mobility which are both strengths for Robert. How's the Offensive line in Winnipeg? Receivers? RB's? 

Offensive line is weak, although some people around here will make it sound absolutely abysmal. It's below average with the ability to perform above average on an inconsistent basis.

Receivers should be very solid. Lance Moore's brother plays up here and was 4th in the league in receiving last year, we signed him as a FA to play inside for us and we also have a couple other guys who are capable of 1000 yards. Plus, there are always imports who come up here and make an impact as rookies.

Running backs is tough to say ... our main guy right now is Will Ford and he was a divisional all star last year but he only really had a full time role half the year. I personally don't see him as an every down back, some others might. We might have a rookie at the tailback spot.

Kinda figured you knew him pretty well. You will quickly learn we have an extremely passionate fan base here and are very championship Hungary (it's been a while) This makes the majority of us grumpy and a little on edge sometimes when we have someone come in and start talking up someone we don't know as the next best thing. No offence to you and Robert. We have had plenty of players come through our league that just fizzle out or leave during training camp due too many different reasons especially QBs. This is why we are usually pretty sceptical about a new guy. If Robert is committed and passionate about football he will fit in here quite quickly. I wish him the best if he makes it through mini camp and into camp. Winnipeg is a fun place to play football.

How is our Oline?...let's just say it's a work in progress.

RB...we have had pretty solid RBs as far back as I can remember and not a possiision to worry about.

Kinda figured you knew him pretty well. You will quickly learn we have an extremely passionate fan base here and are very championship Hungary (it's been a while) 

Is that similar to championship Austria or Romania?

Nope...  it's quite close to Championship Turkey, Championship Greece and Championship Norway.

Kinda figured you knew him pretty well. You will quickly learn we have an extremely passionate fan base here and are very championship Hungary (it's been a while) This makes the majority of us grumpy and a little on edge sometimes when we have someone come in and start talking up someone we don't know as the next best thing. No offence to you and Robert. We have had plenty of players come through our league that just fizzle out or leave during training camp due too many different reasons especially QBs. This is why we are usually pretty sceptical about a new guy. If Robert is committed and passionate about football he will fit in here quite quickly. I wish him the best if he makes it through mini camp and into camp. Winnipeg is a fun place to play football.

How is our Oline?...let's just say it's a work in progress.

RB...we have had pretty solid RBs as far back as I can remember and not a possiision to worry about.

Nothing wrong with a family member pumping another family members tires here. On CFL Horsemen, Eric Fraser's sister who went by the handle kkpfrase would attack anyone who said anything negative about her brother. It got pretty funny at times, especially when Stamps fans on that board would say Eric sucked in coverage after a game as she'd lose her mind. Now she's on the Ottawa fan board. That'll get interesting. I once told her going to war with every fan who criticized her brother was not very smart. And that maybe Eric didn't appreciate the fact that she did. I just told her she should either stay away from CFL H or just relax. But I know it would be hard... If I had family in the CFL, I'd disappear from here as I'd know I'd end up saying something I shouldn't & later regret it.