Bombers sign QB Robert Marve (unannounced)

Mike

Reminds me a lot of another guy Danny McManus brought into Hamilton for a quick look, Mitch Mustain.

Great athlete, big recruit, checkered NCAA career.  The fact that he hasn't played a whole lot means he's likely behind the curve in his development, and each time he did get the opportunity to play he wrecked a knee.

If anything he's a stash on the 9 game type of project.

I'm so excited for Robert to get this opportunity and I will not pretend to know a whole heck of a lot about the CFL but believe I will soon. Robert has a cannon for an arm and he is a fierce competitor. Don't believe the negative publicity surrounding his time at the U. Trust me when I say that...there are two sides to every story and I'll leave it at that. Winnipeg football fans....get ready for some zip on that ball and some long and accurate passes down the field.This is going to be fun. Please believe it. 

Reading up on him he seems to carry a lot of 'baggage'

He was 6-5 as a starter during the 2008 season,[2] splitting his playing time with true freshman Jacory Harris. He started every game except the season opener against Charleston Southern, for which he was suspended as the result of Marve's arrest in Coconut Grove when he was charged with two misdemeanors - resisting arrest without violence and criminal mischief - after he punched and broke a car mirror then tried to elude police by running away

No worries sir....it's all going to be good....promise...I'm so excited for Robert to get this opportunity and I will not pretend to know a whole heck of a lot about the CFL but believe I will soon. Robert has a cannon for an arm and he is a fierce competitor. Don't believe the negative publicity surrounding his time at the U. Trust me when I say that...there are two sides to every story and I'll leave it at that. Winnipeg football fans....get ready for some zip on that ball and some long and accurate passes down the field.This is going to be fun. Please believe it. 

I wonder what his dad thinks of him coming up here...

That stood out to me too.

He's got a LOT of baggage ... a dad who loves sharing his opinion, some criminal history, a missing ACL ...

I'm not holding my breath.

On top of that, for some reason, I would also have to question his level of commitment.

Don't question his commitment level bro. I promise you will like what you see.............I'm so excited for Robert to get this opportunity and I will not pretend to know a whole heck of a lot about the CFL but believe I will soon. Robert has a cannon for an arm and he is a fierce competitor. Don't believe the negative publicity surrounding his time at the U. Trust me when I say that...there are two sides to every story and I'll leave it at that. Winnipeg football fans....get ready for some zip on that ball and some long and accurate passes down the field.This is going to be fun. Please believe it. 

Tcf

this. Seems like a total lunatic with way too much baggage.

Wrong........Robert is a great kid with a big heart and a huge love of football. I'm so excited for Robert to get this opportunity and I will not pretend to know a whole heck of a lot about the CFL but believe I will soon. Robert has a cannon for an arm and he is a fierce competitor. Don't believe the negative publicity surrounding his time at the U. Trust me when I say that...there are two sides to every story and I'll leave it at that. Winnipeg football fans....get ready for some zip on that ball and some long and accurate passes down the field.This is going to be fun. Please believe it. 

I'm so excited for Robert to get this opportunity and I will not pretend to know a whole heck of a lot about the CFL but believe I will soon. Robert has a cannon for an arm and he is a fierce competitor. Don't believe the negative publicity surrounding his time at the U. Trust me when I say that...there are two sides to every story and I'll leave it at that. Winnipeg football fans....get ready for some zip on that ball and some long and accurate passes down the field.This is going to be fun. Please believe it. 

Dad?