I Understand This Topic Has Been Beaten To Death But....

CodyT

Nobody wants him as a starter?  I'm pretty sure Edmonton would take him, Winnipeg would as well most likely if we could get him for free.

It wasn't like Glenn was released by Hamilton and Calgary was the only team who came calling to offer him a backup job - he was traded and told he was being brought in to be a reliable backup in case their new starter didn't work out or got hurt.

I wouldn't be shocked to see Glenn named the starter in Calgary if Tate has another injury that knocks him out for the season.  (I.E. Calgary might give up on Tate and make Glenn their guy until Mitchell is ready to go)

That's all speculation.  If a team wanted him as their starting quarterback they could have had him.

That's all speculation.  If a team wanted him as their starting quarterback they could have had him.

Hufnagel was SHOPPING Glenn around... he wasn't trying to dump Glenn, he was trying to get maximum value for him.

Sure nobody jumped on giving up something valuable to make Glenn their starter, who knows how much Hufnagel wanted for him... maybe Huff's price was too high rather than Glenn value too low.

Look where Calgary is at now - Glenn starting with Tate on the sidelines again... Glenn provides Calgary with a LOT of value since it seems obvious that Mitchell isn't quite ready to be their guy yet.

Hufnagel was SHOPPING Glenn around... he wasn't trying to dump Glenn, he was trying to get maximum value for him.

Sure nobody jumped on giving up something valuable to make Glenn their starter, who knows how much Hufnagel wanted for him... maybe Huff's price was too high rather than Glenn value too low.

Look where Calgary is at now - Glenn starting with Tate on the sidelines again... Glenn provides Calgary with a LOT of value since it seems obvious that Mitchell isn't quite ready to be their guy yet.

And if Glenn is still the guy at QB in November, we know Calgary won't be winning the Grey Cup.  Exactly my point.

None of what I am saying has anything to do with physical speed.  It’s about instinct.   There have been a lot of mobile quarterbacks in the past that are not terribly fast, but just know when to run.  We can both agree that his mental ability now is more short-sighted than it was before, and his awareness on the field has taken a slide.  And what I eluded to initially was that  the elements of his play that were successful in 2011, which mostly has to do with his instinct, has been lost in the last 1+ seasons. 

Pierce still has the physical abilities to run with the ball to some degree.  He has two legs and is relatively athletic.

I know what you're saying, what I'm saying though is that it's both. The guy isn't as fast or as quick as he used to be and couple that with his other problems and you see why he is nowhere near the qb he was before. It is a sad case of a players physical abilities not being the same but his mental hurdles are also so great that he isn't able to overcome that like some other qbs have done as they aged. 

I know what you're saying, what I'm saying though is that it's both. The guy isn't as fast or as quick as he used to be and couple that with his other problems and you see why he is nowhere near the qb he was before. It is a sad case of a players physical abilities not being the same but his mental hurdles are also so great that he isn't able to overcome that like some other qbs have done as they aged. 

I'm not sure how accurately we can judge how much Buck has slowed down over the last year, if we can at all.  This season is early, and last season he didn't have the opportunities to run like he did in 2011.  The decline in his play is far more based on his poor decision making.and second guessing.

I can see what you're getting at... but why Glenn over and over, when he's one of the LEAST likely guys that would end up here.

Forgot to add probably, that yes, Glenn is a better QB than Pierce in our system.  Sad that Calgary's backup is better than our starter... 

Fraser is the only one going off repeatedly on Glenn. It's like he thinks Glenn is the starter instead of Pierce. It is getting repetitive debating the merits of a qb for the Bombers who isn't even here. Discuss other guys but enough about frigging Glenn!!

I will say this, Glenn is probably the only backup Qb that had vanity shots taken of him for the commercial intro/outros'

*EDIT* If Pierce played as well as Glenn the Bombers would be 12-6 or 11-7 no problem. With Pierce he's either hurt or it'll be  6-10. 

*EDIT* If Pierce played as well as Glenn the Bombers would be 12-6 or 11-7 no problem. With Pierce he's either hurt or it'll be 6-10.

why don't you cut out the insults

second of all. Glenn got in field goal range a bunch of times. woop de doo.that's what he's famous for and that's why he isn't a winner. glenn basically tried to give the game away by choking every time he got close to scoring.

*EDIT* If Pierce played as well as Glenn the Bombers would be 12-6 or 11-7 no problem. With Pierce he's either hurt or it'll be 6-10.

Glenn tried his hardest to lose that one. Once again. All he's good for is an opening drive and then a bunch of 2 and outs.

I'm not sure how accurately we can judge how much Buck has slowed down over the last year, if we can at all.  This season is early, and last season he didn't have the opportunities to run like he did in 2011.  The decline in his play is far more based on his poor decision making.and second guessing.

:wacko:

Pierce is the worst starting qb in the CFL.

I'd agree. I don't think Reilly is all that hot as a passer either... but at least reilly can use his legs to make some things happen that pierce just can't do anymore. 

Sure wishing We'd kept Elliott instead of pierce at this point. THANKS BURKE!

I'd agree. I don't think Reilly is all that hot as a passer either... but at least reilly can use his legs to make some things happen that pierce just can't do anymore. 

Sure wishing We'd kept Elliott instead of pierce at this point. THANKS BURKE!

I'd rather have Brink.

Anyone who saw last night's game & thinks all Glenn did was a bunch of 2 & outs is not living in reality. Bombers would have won tonight if Pierce had played like Glenn. Pierce is the worst starting qb in the CFL.

what did you like best about glenns game. the tip drill endzone catch that could have easily gone the other way? glenn wouldn't look like much if his recievers can't catch a pass either.

I'd rather have Brink.

Than Pierce? me too, but he'd have trouble facing the pressure as well, just that he moves better than pierce. Elliott though would do well in this offense cause he was a quick passer, this O is basically made for him. 

what did you like best about glenns game. the tip drill endzone catch that could have easily gone the other way? glenn wouldn't look like much if his recievers can't catch a pass either.

Man, what is with you??? Every qb has a lucky break every once in awhile. So, he got lucky. He managed the game well. He spread the ball around  to all of his receivers. Threw for 282 yards. Had a couple of nicely timed runs to extend drives. Bottom line his team won. He did more than Pierce did tonight. Why do you hate Glenn so much???? He hasn't played here since 2007. He's not coming here so give it a frigging rest.  

Than Pierce? me too, but he'd have trouble facing the pressure as well, just that he moves better than pierce. Elliott though would do well in this offense cause he was a quick passer, this O is basically made for him. 

Actually I think Brink's athleticism would help him more than Elliot but that is a hunch based on what we've seen with how they use Goltz.

Actually I think Brink's athleticism would help him more than Elliot but that is a hunch based on what we've seen with how they use Goltz.

Brink is mobile but tends to turn into a statue in the pocket, which led to loads of sacks, fumbles and ints as he got hit as he threw.  He also looks into the rush when he scrambles, so he's not going to make good throws when he's scrambling.  Brink can't do enough in the pocket to be a CFL QB, which goes for a bunch of those guys like McPherson, Jyles, Porter, Reilly is starting to look that way.  That is what separated Elliott from Brink and that group as a prospect, he showed an ability to be a passer, although he still needed some refining and experience.  Unfortunately, Burke and Crowton were not fans of his approach.

Elliott's third string in BC & had to pay his way up to Seatttle in May for a tryout or the Lions wouldn't even have given him that chance. What does that tell you about him?? It says teams don't think he's going to ever be a starter.

Not necessarily.

even when Elliott was throwing those ints in the redzone... at least he was able to move the ball! 2 and outs are as bad as turnovers when the kicking game is having that kind of night! This defense is so good... just give them a break now and then! 

I think the fact that we have such a solid defense is going to really force the team's hand. If it was maybe a case where the whole team stunk, the team wouldn't have much pressure coming home to perform well. But fans are able to recognize that with even average quarterbacking, this team could be very good. If Buck Pierce stinks out IG Field over the next two weeks, I have no doubt the boobirds will be out in full force.