I Understand This Topic Has Been Beaten To Death But....

CodyT

no he isn't. He's better at staying healthy that's about it. He stays healthy and is a 50/50 guy at best. I'd rather have a guy who wins games and might get hurt (giving us time to develop a guy) Than someone who will play .500 and stay healthy. You know what Glenn is capable of and its not good enough.

WTF???? Just read what you just said. MIGHT GET HURT???? No, it's WILL GET HURT!! Give us time to develop a backup??? What team have you been watching since 2010??

no he isn't. He's better at staying healthy that's about it. He stays healthy and is a 50/50 guy at best. I'd rather have a guy who wins games and might get hurt (giving us time to develop a guy) Than someone who will play .500 and stay healthy. You know what Glenn is capable of and its not good enough.

2010 called they want their arguments back. Seriously, the Buck Pierce of today is not the same guy who was a damned good qb when he was healthy. Glenn has his warts, but he is a better and more consistent passer than Buck Pierce is currently. Pierce used to make up for that with his legs, but when was the last time you saw Pierce make a defense pay with his legs? I'll provide a hint, it was early in the 2011 season against Edmonton. 

WTF???? Just read what you just said. MIGHT GET HURT???? No, it's WILL GET HURT!! Give us time to develop a backup??? What team have you been watching since 2010??

we tried to develop 2 Qb's and they didn't pan out Not Buck's fault. EVEN IF KG doesn't get hurt... HE STILL STINKS !!!!

Hey question, who is the only QB to ever lose a cross over game as the home team???? Has any 1 QB been responsible for all the all the cross over games lost by the home team IN HISTORY???

2010 called they want their arguments back. Seriously, the Buck Pierce of today is not the same guy who was a damned good qb when he was healthy. Glenn has his warts, but he is a better and more consistent passer than Buck Pierce is currently. Pierce used to make up for that with his legs, but when was the last time you saw Pierce make a defense pay with his legs? I'll provide a hint, it was early in the 2011 season against Edmonton. 

have you eve seen KG make a play with his legs? what makes him a better passer, all the 4th quarter interceptions he throws?

we tried to develop 2 Qb's and they didn't pan out Not Buck's fault. EVEN IF KG doesn't get hurt... HE STILL STINKS !!!!

Hey question, who is the only QB to ever lose a cross over game as the home team???? Has any 1 QB been responsible for all the all the cross over games IN HISTORY???

. As far as Buck goes, pfft.... can't play an entire season. Never has & never will. We're stuck in neutral with the Pierce. 

. As far as Buck goes, pfft.... can't play an entire season. Never has & never will. We're stuck in neutral with the Pierce. 

Buck pierce will play better than KG if he's healthy. If he's not healthy we at least find out what we have in Goltz and Hall. KG is just a guy that will never win.

Pierce plays scared now. He's tentative. Holds on to the football too long. Doesn't make the quick or best decisions throwing the football. Has that deer in the headlight look on the field. How can you say Buck plays better than Glenn when he's healthy? Just when is Pierce ever healthy??? 

Pierce plays scared now. He's tentative. Holds on to the football too long. Doesn't make the quick or best decisions throwing the football. Has that deer in the headlight look on the field. How can you say Buck plays better than Glenn when he's healthy? Just when is Pierce ever healthy??? 

KG

1. Turtles under pressures
  2. throws crappy passes then looks at his glove
  3. loves throwing 4th quarter interceptions when all we need is a drive to win the game

have you eve seen KG make a play with his legs? what makes him a better passer, all the 4th quarter interceptions he throws?

no Glenn doesn't use his legs, instead he makes quick throws to keep a defense honest. What makes him a better passer? well a quick look at the stats for each of them might provide some clues. For the ints Glenn throws, you can look at PIerce who's pretty good at chucking ints these days as well. Like I said, Pierce when he was able to run was a damned good qb, but that ability has left him and right now he's trying to play the game the same way Glenn does, and he isn't as good at it. For all Glenns problems we'd still be further ahead with him at the controls than Pierce at this stage of Pierces career.

Still hate his "no one died - it was just another game - we lost games in the regular season too" attitude.

and that right there is why a lot of people dislike glenn and I think it's a stupid reason. Guy is just even keeled, but so many fans want to see guys punching holes in the wall and screaming and all that cause that's what a lot of fans feel like doing with each loss. 

Fine the intereeption is a wash but I'm sure we've got a guy on our bench that can throw a pass away and then take a sack.

He's not a winner, he's never going to be a winner and all this pining away for Kevin Glenn makes me want to barf.

me too man, me too. why would we want to even consider going down that road again.. hes just so bloody mediocre.. but solid enough to hamper development of our backups.. at least buck is going to play his sack off or get hurt... glenn simply doesnt care enough and is not skilled enough to not play with some fire in the belly..

me too man, me too. why would we want to even consider going down that road again.. hes just so bloody mediocre.. but solid enough to hamper development of our backups.. at least buck is going to play his sack off or get hurt... glenn simply doesnt care enough and is not skilled enough to not play with some fire in the belly..

Because Buck Pierce is no longer able to attain the lofty peak of mediocrity. 

Because Buck Pierce is no longer able to attain the lofty peak of mediocrity.

yea, and? you wanna give up something (now substantial) for a qb who is just as incapable of winning football games? we have seen the song and dance before... not really something id like to see again..

stick with buck, hes 1-1 so thats pretty mediocre aint it? i can live with that until goltz or hall step up..

yea, and? you wanna give up something (now substantial) for a qb who is just as incapable of winning football games? we have seen the song and dance before... not really something id like to see again..

stick with buck, hes 1-1 so thats pretty mediocre aint it? i can live with that until goltz or hall step up..

the defense is 1-1, the offense, led by Buck Pierce has twice pulled a disappearing act when the game was on the line and a good drive could win the game. Seriously, put together a decent drive in game one this team could be 2-0 but no, the offense pulled a 4th quarter disappearing act twice. The key was in week 2 they forced a turnover to win the game when the offense once again failed to stay on the field to run the clock down. 

With this defense I would say that Glenn would win more than pIerce would. You will never admit it, but Pierce is not the qb he once was and Glenn is nowhere near as bad as you make him out to be. Glenn is the very definition of average, and with the defense the bombers are fielding average is good enough to win. Pierce is nearly a liability at this point. 

Pierce is absolutely a liability at this point.

If we ever give up a fourth quarter lead, do we REALLY think that Pierce is going to win for us? I have no faith that he can, I have more faith that he'll do what he needs to do to blow a fourth quarter lead. It's sad but it's reality

I was at practice yesterday...Pierce even practices holding onto the ball too long. Even without pressure in the practice scrimmages, he looks like all the concussions(some unreported I would think) do not aid him in making quick decisions. He also doesn't seem to have much touch on his throws, He threw one to Etienne about 5 yards from line of scrimmage and rifled it in there so hard and high, with no defender close, that it caused Etienne to deflect it into the hand of a defender who got a pick 6.

In my opinion, the best complement I can give him is that he is serviceable when healthy.

As an aside, the new kick returner/receiver, Aaron Woods has HANDS and MOVES. He is shorter than the water boy but very well built. He is so anxious and focused that even when he is not on the field to receive punts or kickoffs, he stands about two yards in from the sidelines and mimics catching the ball and starting to move. He does this constantly while the other players are on the sidelines. He looks good running routes with the 2nd team offence, and looks like he is picking up the playbook pretty well.

He is not playing this weekend but I am looking forward to seeing what he can do in a game.