I Understand This Topic Has Been Beaten To Death But....

CodyT

I think the fact that we have such a solid defense is going to really force the team's hand. If it was maybe a case where the whole team stunk, the team wouldn't have much pressure coming home to perform well. But fans are able to recognize that with even average quarterbacking, this team could be very good. If Buck Pierce stinks out IG Field over the next two weeks, I have no doubt the boobirds will be out in full force.

I'll be there Friday and if I have to watch a full 60 minutes of Pierce I won't be too happy...

Elliott's third string in BC & had to pay his way up to Seatttle in May for a tryout or the Lions wouldn't even have given him that chance. What does that tell you about him?? It says teams don't think he's going to ever be a starter.

The funniest part might be that none of our 3 QBs would even make the current BC roster.

This is a championship calibre defense, I can not see the management of this team letting the poor play at qb drag it down all year. 

I wish I had that much faith in them.  This is the same group that brought him back even though many of us were clamouring for them to move on from Pierce this offseason (hell I wanted him gone earlier than that).

I wish I had that much faith in them.  This is the same group that brought him back even though many of us were clamouring for them to move on from Pierce this offseason (hell I wanted him gone earlier than that).

well I think that was a case of a GM letting his coach have the guy he wanted, but Joe Mack isn't a dummy, he knows where his team needs help and if push comes to shove I think he will tell his employees just what he thinks of that qb. 

Pierce is a great guy, they gave him a chance to redeem himself and he dropped the ball, they'll move on, the only question is how long it takes.

I'll give you Jovon Johnson and Kito Poblah. 

not unreasonable. we need the help at corner and (while i'm not high on Kito at this point) a young NI receiver is a nice add. unsure about JJ's value vis a vis SMS at this point but if Jones figured he could help our pass D, i couldn't care less.

JJ is worth less than nothing to us at this point and Kito I suppose would sorta suck to lose but Kohlert and Etienne have already proven to be more reliable anyways and having two quality NI starters and one quality back-up is enough for me.

Meanwhile, back-up QBs may be a dime a dozen but up until this year Reilly was essentially a back-up QB who looked good in pre-season and decent in game action. Collaros and Harris both looked real good in two pre-seasons and not out of place in minimal game experience. It's not like they are complete unknowns.

Exactly, ISO's logic here is ********.

Heck Pierce wouldn't make their roster, period, they cut him not only because his injuries, but also because he sucks as a QB. STILL SO MAD WE BROUGHT HIM IN!!!$@@$#@!#!!@

Pierce would be a backup qb on most CFL teams & not a starter.