Defense!

SPuDS

Kyries Hebert probably feels there's a "Winnipeg rule" after this past weekend.

meh.  I watched that play many times, if the Alouette guy hadn't jumped on Goltz's back illegally and held him down he would have tagged Hebert so I'm not convinced Winnipeg really got a gift there.  We got nailed for a similar play last year against Toronto where Green pounced on a ball in the end zone and they said that a Bomber had interfered with an Argo while on the ground.  What comes around goes around.

The Hebert/Goltz play makes sense once you realize the refs determined that Ford fumbled initially, not Goltz.

It makes all the difference on that play.

http://video.tsn.ca/?dl=cfl-gamesondemand/latest/1/0/136053/video/127

Go to the 1 hour 21 minute mark - around 4 minutes left in the 3rd quarter.  Ford never touches the ball.

Until teams realized that he was more or less a one trick pony .. then his production fell way off ..

Perhaps there was some confusion. Noeller was saying Hall is everything odell wasn't, as in disciplined and contains well, plays the run well... And I responded in agreement, but also said he still manages to generate pressure and pick up elite sack numbers on top of that.

Truly elite DL players are able to do that. Odell, to me, was always mentally weak and unable to keep up in that regard. Hall seems a lot smarter.

hall has completely made forget about willis.. hall is as good or.better a pass rusher and his contain and run stopping is miles ahead and hes still apparently "learning" it..

Johnson just looks slower because everyone else around him has gotten faster. This defense is just loaded with speed.

The one thing to watch for is when they start over pursuing, happens all the time with really fast defences, let's hope that the opposition doesn't catch on for awhile though.

http://video.tsn.ca/?dl=cfl-gamesondemand/latest/1/0/136053/video/127

Go to the 1 hour 21 minute mark - around 4 minutes left in the 3rd quarter.  Ford never touches the ball.

I can't see the video but whether Ford touched it or not, the refs made the decision that Ford was the one who fumbled the football and that turned the scrum between Goltz and Hebert into a neutral battle for a loose ball as opposed to one player attempting to recover the fumble of another player. The down by contact rules are apparently different for either situation.

Not to mention that if the ball was still loose, Bowman's frog splash on Goltz should have been called loose ball interference.

I remember us getting called for loose ball intereference and losing a turn over due to it and being livid. If that wasn't loose ball intereference I don't know what is

He is?

you dont think so? willis is not as dominant as he once was where as i think hall still hasnt come to his.ceiling yet.. not being a homer, just seems like his timing, his speed and his ability to zero in and not blow by or get washed out seems better..

you dont think so? willis is not as dominant as he once was where as i think hall still hasnt come to his.ceiling yet.. not being a homer, just seems like his timing, his speed and his ability to zero in and not blow by or get washed out seems better..

And I don't think he takes as many penalties as Willis, does he?

Willis gets picked on a bit because of the penalties and the personality, but he's still a hell of a pass rusher.  That's not to say Hall isn't, but Willis is still a top 3 DE in the league IMO.

I won't say top 3 DE but I'll certainly say top 3 pass rusher.

I'd say the top 3 DE in the league right now are Bowman, Williams and Hall in no particular order.

I'd say the top 3 pass rushers are Williams, Hall and Willis. With Bowman and darkhorse Kenny Mainor rounding out the top 5. Marcus Howard gets in the discussion as well if we're talking pure pass rush.

As in Keron Williams?  Well they've got him playing DT this year so he doesn't count anymore.  And I think Bowman is on the decline.

Either way, Willis is still up there as a pass rusher, we could debate his other capabilities but he can definitely get after the QB.

Really? You can tell how closely I've watched BC this year.

But I agree, Willis is one dimensional but that one dimension is top notch.

As in Keron Williams?  Well they've got him playing DT this year so he doesn't count anymore.  And I think Bowman is on the decline.

Either way, Willis is still up there as a pass rusher, we could debate his other capabilities but he can definitely get after the QB.

Part of the reason why BC only has a paltry one sack this season through two games.  This move has yet to pay off for BC.  Also partly because J. Williams has been under performing so far.

Moving Keron inside was a bad move IMO as well. He was dominant off the edge in a year that sacks were down all across the board.

But as much as it pains me to say it, John Chick should also be in this discussion... I don't think he's recorded a sack yet, but It appears he hasn't lost a beat since returning.. I've seen him power through tackles off the edge and run back and tackle receivers on passing plays. His speed is still definitely there. The sacks will definitely come for him by years end.

I won't say top 3 DE but I'll certainly say top 3 pass rusher.

I'd say the top 3 DE in the league right now are Bowman, Williams and Hall in no particular order.

I'd say the top 3 pass rushers are Williams, Hall and Willis. With Bowman and darkhorse Kenny Mainor rounding out the top 5. Marcus Howard gets in the discussion as well if we're talking pure pass rush.

Charleston Hughes is one of the most dominant players in the league.